Welcome back Stephen Glass

Fuck it, I'm in. Take my money AFC.

The 'puff pieces as kelt calls it worked on me, and frankly negativity isn't good for the soul. So I'm a glass half full on this one.

He came across well and shows a desire to do well and make Aberdeen competitive and successful, and thats all I want.

Interesting to hear what Diamond Dave had to say and the reasoning behind the selection of Glass. Probably a load of bullshit, but it is what is is. 

Also interesting regarding the tease regarding players coming in. Watch this space. Hopefully it's not more piss and wind.

One thing I did wonder as a possibility was getting young American talent over here from the college system. The type that are making an impact in mainland Europe, and now worth millions. Surely the club must be looking into this as there is some serious talent coming through there.

• Dildo 1

Impressive from Glass he spoke well and is certainly excited about things, I think its clear Brown is on route and by the sounds of Cormack a couple of players incoming also, maybe the Griffiths rumours could be true. Watching the footage and that cross he put in for Shearer at Hampden was fantastic, its been a long time since we saw a cross and goal like that at Aberdeen

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Impressive from Glass he spoke well and is certainly excited about things, I think its clear Brown is on route and by the sounds of Cormack a couple of players incoming also, maybe the Griffiths rumours could be true. Watching the footage and that cross he put in for Shearer at Hampden was fantastic, its been a long time since we saw a cross and goal like that at Aberdeen

We must have managed a few crosses that were noteworthy in the last 26 years though ?

it was a quality cross though..

5 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

The 'puff pieces as kelt calls it worked on me, and frankly negativity isn't good for the soul. So I'm a glass half full on this one.

He came across well and shows a desire to do well and make Aberdeen competitive and successful, and thats all I want.

Interesting to hear what Diamond Dave had to say and the reasoning behind the selection of Glass. Probably a load of bullshit, but it is what is is. 

Also interesting regarding the tease regarding players coming in. Watch this space. Hopefully it's not more piss and wind.

One thing I did wonder as a possibility was getting young American talent over here from the college system. The type that are making an impact in mainland Europe, and now worth millions. Surely the club must be looking into this as there is some serious talent coming through there.

Pretty much where I'm at 

Were winning the fucking league next season.  ?

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, donswin1983 said:

We must have managed a few crosses that were noteworthy in the last 26 years though ?

it was a quality cross though..

Maybe but he had a quality left foot and could whip those crosses in for fun, he also crossed one in for Dodds to score in the Semi, he was a quality crosser of the ball no doubt. Compare him to our current crop of wide players and it is night and day

Remember when Goodwillie signed for the Dons after all the shit we gave him when he played for United.

Soon as he pulled on the Famous Red jersey the songs from the Y went from you know she said no to He shags who he wants.

Brown halfs ether wright or jack and then scores in front oh the Y he will be saluted by the proper gents that reside in that section on the stadium 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
12 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Well, that's the point of PR exercises like that, to get the majority of people on board. You have to be willing to accept the paradigm based upon a positive message rather than a material or tangible 'thing' like, say, a proper CV. 

He talks a tremendous game, I will happily admit to that, so I'm sure they were eager to get him in front of a camera for just that reason. And you won't be the only one to be swayed by that piece. 

If he brings in Aberdeen quality players to replace the absolute shite McInnes has left us with, and if he shows the Tims and the The Rangers zero respect in games, and if he makes us look like a football team rather than a rape victim, then that's the point at which I get on board. 

5 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Well, that's the point of PR exercises like that, to get the majority of people on board. You have to be willing to accept the paradigm based upon a positive message rather than a material or tangible 'thing' like, say, a proper CV. 

He talks a tremendous game, I will happily admit to that, so I'm sure they were eager to get him in front of a camera for just that reason. And you won't be the only one to be swayed by that piece. 

If he brings in Aberdeen quality players to replace the absolute shite McInnes has left us with, and if he shows the Tims and the The Rangers zero respect in games, and if he makes us look like a football team rather than a rape victim, then that's the point at which I get on board. 

Hope he gets you on board min.

Well, that's the point of PR exercises like that, to get the majority of people on board. You have to be willing to accept the paradigm based upon a positive message 

The difference between Cormack and Glass and those who came before them is, that this duo are the first to both even know what to say in the last 20 years. 

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees. Mon eh DONS. 

10 minutes ago, reekie_dock said:

Remember when Goodwillie signed for the Dons after all the shit we gave him when he played for United.

Soon as he pulled on the Famous Red jersey the songs from the Y went from you know she said no to He shags who he wants.

Brown halfs ether wright or jack and then scores in front oh the Y he will be saluted by the proper gents that reside in that section on the stadium 

The ironically named, Goodwillie was the worst signing in the history of this club and not for footballing reasons...

But I take your point....

• Dildo 1

I think you've made your point regarding his CV. Mark McGhee had a decent enough CV, and looked how that turned out. Equally, Steven Gerard had next to no experience, and look how he's getting on. CV, Schmee-Vee.... I care more about what he does from this day forth, with the tools at his disposal.... not what he did at other clubs. His AFC career starts now as far as any of us should be concerned.
There's no silver bullet to success, it must be earned through hard work and good ideas, with a team around you that buys into that approach. No one bought into McInnes' approach as from the day he turned down Sunderland, he had lost his mojo. After that it was like watching paint dry and you could see the enthusiasm drain from his eyes with each passing week.

Glass will ignite this club. He'll ignite the fans. The Red Shed will be bouncing and we'll see supporters flocking back. He'll deliver what McInnes always aspired to.... a team for which we could be proud of.

15 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Hope he gets you on board min.

I've no animosity towards Glass, and if he does what he says he'll do I will love it like Kevin Keegan. ?

14 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

The difference between Cormack and Glass and those who came before them is, that this duo are the first to both even know what to say in the last 20 years. 

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees. Mon eh DONS. 

The fact that Milne has been pushed to the periphery and McInnes has been fired right off the fucking roof brings joy to my heart. 

Cormack's a deceptive cunt, but at least he's not a miserable fucking teuchter whose very voice makes you want to stick your heid on a railway line. 

Glass' qualifications are Tabula Rasa, but I fucking PRAY he treats the Cheeks like the filth they are and makes Aberdeen Aberdeen again.   And if he does I'll be his biggest advocate. 

29 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

If Brown becomes a Don all the annoying cunty things that fucked us off about him the most will become the things we admire about him most.

We've all moaned like fuck about needing some steel/ an arsehole in the team. 

cormack must read the board and agree and he's gone for the biggest arsehole in the country. 

can't argue with that 

Guest milne_afc
Just now, Poodler said:

cormack must read the board and agree and he's gone for the biggest arsehole in the country. 

can't argue with that 

He definitely read page 1 of the next manager thread.

1 minute ago, Poodler said:

can't argue with that 

Exactly. Imagine in the next game against the Huns that Scott Broon causes a meltdown in their ranks in a red jersey. We gonna hate him after that? I think not.

3 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Folk seem to be forgetting Browns legs have gone and as a player he is finished. 

Just Having him in the ranks would be like lining up in govan with a young Dayts. Chest puffed out, walking like ten men. Invincible. He will get our poofters telt. 

im going to buy a shirt. Not to wear in public like. Probably give it to a tramp.

• Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Folk seem to be forgetting Browns legs have gone and as a player he is finished. 

He was man of the match on Sunday in the ugly sisters derby. With him being linked with us I watched him that extra bit closer... he demanded the ball and just passed it around one touches here and there and controlled that midfield the same we he has taken the piss out of ours for the last 10 plus years on our own soil. He used to come up here and treated it like a home game. He is exactly who we need right now

2 minutes ago, Eastcoastdon said:

He was man of the match on Sunday in the ugly sisters derby. With him being linked with us I watched him that extra bit closer... he demanded the ball and just passed it around one touches here and there and controlled that midfield the same we he has taken the piss out of ours for the last 10 plus years on our own soil. He used to come up here and treated it like a home game. He is exactly who we need right now

I wouldn't want to be in an Aberdeen side not giving their 100% knowing that Brown could come on the pitch or be waiting for them in the dressing room.

23 minutes ago, Eastcoastdon said:

21 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I think Brown will be good for our Young midfielders, I think Campbell, McCrorie & Ferguson will be excited by his arrival

Remember as well, it's not just what someone of his nature could bring on match days, but in training. You need that edge during training..... he'd be kicking lightweights like Campbell and McCrorie all over Cormack Park. That'll soon toughen the feckers up!

40 minutes ago, Poodler said:

can't argue with that 

Shoofta will be gutted he was overlooked.

It’s clear he wasn’t the choice of the majority.

But he’s here now, we just need to get behind him & give him time.

He spoke well on RED TV.
It was a good interview, he communicates well which is an important part of being a coach. 

He needs to back that talk up on the pitch with results & performances, and Dave Cormack and the Board need to provide him with the resources to do that.

Going to be an interesting summer 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1