Welcome back Stephen Glass

Watched the Glass/Cormack interview. Both spoke well. Cormack addressed Glass' interim/reserve spell as manager. 

I would have liked Alex Neil as he's a "safe" appointment and a known quantity.

That said, I'm fickle and I'm fully behind Glass/Brown and the new players that he'll bring to the club. I wasn't over enamoured by McInnes' arrival however it turned out to be the best appointment at the time.

I'm excited to see what next season brings.

Wish Glass the very best as manager for the Dons. 

I'm interested to see what really happens with the rest of the managerail team and the massive rebuilding that we need. Blooding the loons because there is no one else will only go one way, Hansen will finally be right.

Don't trust Cormack at all... he likes to pretend he's being open but he's run from one chance to answer genuine questions and then basically fibbed online last week. The Nicola Sturgeon of AFC - but he's got a grand snake oil salesman smile.

Good luck Stephen.

Apart from a nagging fear that Russel and Brown have not been confirmed and so may not materialise (as I think the Glass appointment is a lot less promising without those two), I’m happy enough with this. Almost cautiously excited.

The most disconcerting aspect is the red monochrome photo of Glass on the website, in which it looks like we have hired Jackie MacNamara instead.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/03/23/aberdeen-fc-appoint-stephen-glass-as-new-manager/

9 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Wish Glass the very best as manager for the Dons. 

I'm interested to see what really happens with the rest of the managerail team and the massive rebuilding that we need. Blooding the loons because there is no one else will only go one way, Hansen will finally be right.

Don't trust Cormack at all... he likes to pretend he's being open but he's run from one chance to answer genuine questions and then basically fibbed online last week. The Nicola Sturgeon of AFC - but he's got a grand snake oil salesman smile.

Good luck Stephen.

We should get an independent enquiry on the go to see if Cormack is lying or not. 

Worked well for the accusers of NS ? 

Well so much for all the Enio Morricone / Fray Bentos rumours etc.

This was always likely and he starts with the goodwill and affection of the fans, rather than us being unsure of some random fella.

Lots of positives around the appointment.

Good luck  Stephen!

He joined Aberdeen the same year I started work in Sauchiehall St McDonalds, so we go way back.

54 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I urge all Aberdeen fans to watch this. Only had time to see the first half of it so far but there is no doubt in my mind that this is the first and only manager appointed at the club for over 30 years who is built of the right stuff.

He will be judged on results, obviously but I reckon there's a very good chance that judging the new chairman on his results - and this is the biggest decision that he's made - he's made an inspired move.

Being made of the right stuff isn't a guarantee of success of course but not being made of the right stuff is a guarantee of failure. I'm very impressed and having joined the ranks of the missing thousands 27 months ago, I'll be reinvesting. Sorry Cove, I'll still come and watch you when I can but Pittodrie rather than Balmoral for me now. Always hated your fucking second name anyway and I never warmed to Hartley. Stephen, snap up Mitch Megginson please. He's good enough for the top division. 

Agree wholheartedly. Man-management aligned with a decent coaching ethos of playing football on the deck, is what we need. Additionally, I suggested during the transfer window that bringing Mitch back was a no brainer seeing as Cove weren't playing and would have cost buttons.

Just caught up with the news. Probably shouldn't be but surprised by the appointment but have to say I am a bit. Cormack has most certainly put his stamp on the club and this appointment will shape how he is seen as a leader in football. I hope for everyone involved it marks the beginning of a new era. Not 100% sure I understand Brown's possible position, but he is a very good player. His smarts make up for his leg speed in the SPFL and he should still have a couple of good years left if that's his desire.

Good luck Mr Glass.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

I urge all Aberdeen fans to watch this. Only had time to see the first half of it so far but there is no doubt in my mind that this is the first and only manager appointed at the club for over 30 years who is built of the right stuff.

Um, Willie Miller wasn't built of the right stuff?

2 minutes ago, DaveTheDon said:

Said all the right things as you would expect but you can't hide that fire in his eyes. The boy looks like he's ready to give his all for the famous. 

Aye okay Dave. We'll accept your appointment for now.

Give him the funds to build a new team instead of posting on here.

4 hours ago, thurso said:

After watching the interview I’m quite excited by this appointment.

They both talked a good game and cormacks line about some exciting signings makes it even better so he better deliver on that 

Well if Cormack doesn’t deliver the promised land.   Tar and Feather him to a lamp post  outside pittodrie.    

3 hours ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Hoping with this appointment that we get back to playing football on the grass rather than hoofball crap that McInnes was known for. COYR.

It will take quite a while to un-train the hoofball mentality from the players who are staying on for next season I'd imagine. You can't undo 2-3 years of that overnight.

I'll accept a slight downturn in results for a wee while as long as progress can be seen on the way we are trying to play. 

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

It will take quite a while to un-train the hoofball mentality from the players who are staying on for next season I'd imagine. You can't undo 2-3 years of that overnight.

I'll accept a slight downturn in results for a wee while as long as progress can be seen on the way we are trying to play. 

Large turn round of player in the summer could help with that though

16 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Why does a slight downturn in results look like? Only 1 win in 14 games, instead of 2 wins in 14 games? 

We draw a lot because we don’t have a go and attack teams, if we play more expansive these draws could turn to wins or losses. Hence a few losses could show a downturn until the team clicks and we win more, hopefully in Glasgow