Welcome back Stephen Glass

On 8/26/2021 at 12:19 PM, thurso said:

I’m not sure you can compare the two. The gulf in money between rangers and us in 89-90 was no where near as much as it was when mccinnes was here 

Neither was the gulf in divisions given the huns spent 3 or 4 years in a different league

A fairly dispiriting return from his first 18 games: 7 wins, 7 losses and 4 draws 

2 early domestic cup defeats to teams ranked below us and one broadly similar euro exit. 

style of football- marginally better than the end of McInnes (would it even be possible to play a worse style?) but we are often guilty of resorting to type and just playing aimless hoofball or the patented sideways pass along the back. We really should copyright this move. 

signings - again a mixed bag ranging from Brown, very good,  to gurr and jenks, absolute pish. Who would have thought a reserve Atlanta player wouldn’t make the grade? 

lineups - guilty of making stupid basic errors eg starting 11 against Livingstone and raith but then remedying the situation by having the wherewithal and lack of ego to change things around when it’s all to apparent it’s not working. 

overall, 5/10. And that’s being generous. 

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

A fairly dispiriting return from his first 18 games: 7 wins, 7 losses and 4 draws 

2 early domestic cup defeats to teams ranked below us and one broadly similar euro exit. 

style of football- marginally better than the end of McInnes (would it even be possible to play a worse style?) but we are often guilty of resorting to type and just playing aimless hoofball or the patented sideways pass along the back. We really should copyright this move. 

signings - again a mixed bag ranging from Brown, very good,  to gurr and jenks, absolute pish. Who would have thought a reserve Atlanta player wouldn’t make the grade? 

lineups - guilty of making stupid basic errors eg starting 11 against Livingstone and raith but then remedying the situation by having the wherewithal and lack of ego to change things around when it’s all to apparent it’s not working. 

What a lot of shit 

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

It really isn't is it?

He obviously isn't under pressure, as such,  but he is definitely feeling some deserved heat

His utter buffoonery re gurr is shocking 

And why’s that in the game against raith on here first half he did good second half two fuck ups later he’s shut worst player ever. 

2 early domestic defeats yes but one was in one of his first games 

As a guy who stuck up for mccinnes until he was sacked styke of football is far better than his at the end not just marginally 

signings have been better than just a mixed bag 

line ups will be more consistent now that we are unfortunately knocked out of Europe even then only player I wouldn’t of played is ojo !!!  

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

And why’s that in the game against raith on here first half he did good second half two fuck ups later he’s shut worst player ever. 

2 early domestic defeats yes but one was in one of his first games 

As a guy who stuck up for mccinnes until he was sacked styke of football is far better than his at the end not just marginally 

signings have been better than just a mixed bag 

line ups will be more consistent now that we are unfortunately knocked out of Europe even then only player I wouldn’t of played is ojo !!!  

Glass hasn't dared to field Gurr again after Raith. 

Jenks must be getting close to being binned as well. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Glass hasn't dared to field Gurr again after Raith. 

Jenks must be getting close to being binned as well. 

I’m not sure jerks has been any worse Than others he might not run about as much as some others but he’s a better player 

On 8/27/2021 at 3:26 PM, thurso said:

That makes no difference. In early 90s Celtic we’re awful does that mean it doesn’t count to. 

Of course it makes a difference. If you’re going to bump your gums about the gulf in finance at least acknowledge the huns weren’t in the same league for half of his time here rendering it all but irrelevant  

Huns 89 would put about ten goals past Sevco 2013-16

5 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

Should be judged on this season only. 

Took over a total shambles.

Im not sure if it’s The style of football he wants to play that is leaving us vulnerable at the back or if we are just bad at defending but from the first couple of games where he had people up supporting Ramirez and we were out scoring the opposition but still conceding it looks like he’s tried to shore things up abit by playing to many cms at the same time ojo, jenks, brown and Ferguson but we are now still conceding and looking less likely to score

9 hours ago, NEM said:

Of course it makes a difference. If you’re going to bump your gums about the gulf in finance at least acknowledge the huns weren’t in the same league for half of his time here rendering it all but irrelevant  

Huns 89 would put about ten goals past Sevco 2013-16

What relevance does it have if they wernt in the league. The gulf in finances between us and Celtic in that time was a lot more then the gulf in finances between us and rangers late 80s early 90s so smith had a more level playing field than mccinnes. Doesn’t matter if the rangers were in the league or not when they were their finances gulfed Aberdeen’s to 

5 minutes ago, thurso said:

What relevance does it have if they wernt in the league. The gulf in finances between us and Celtic in that time was a lot more then the gulf in finances between us and rangers late 80s early 90s so smith had a more level playing field than mccinnes. Doesn’t matter if the rangers were in the league or not when they were their finances gulfed Aberdeen’s to 

Nobody mentioned Celtic. You compared the gulf in finances between us and the Huns in 89 and during McInnes time. Of course it’s fucking relevant because we didn’t play them for 4 years 

16 minutes ago, NEM said:

Nobody mentioned Celtic. You compared the gulf in finances between us and the Huns in 89 and during McInnes time. Of course it’s fucking relevant because we didn’t play them for 4 years 

Well I’m sorry I was drunk I meant the gulf between us and rangers who were top when smith was manager and us and Celtic who were top when mccinnes was manager.

I apologise my mistake there 

• Haha 1

I’m encouraged by Glass..

when you look at it; Bates, Brown, JET, Gallagher, Longstaff, Ramirez are all quality signings. Night and day to the previous management team and better signings than anyone in Scotland outside the uglies.

if we finish top 3 I think we’ll see even better with that financial windfall, plus possibly selling off Ferguson - we’re setting ourselves up nicely. 

2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

I’m serious here, I could name at least 30 worse in the past 10 years. Would have a shot at 50.

You would really struggle to mane 30 first team players from the last 10 years worse than ojo but you can try if you like. 

6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Haha I can't work out if I really like or really hate you 

Why would you hate someone you’ve never met but just has a different opinion than you 

10 hours ago, thurso said:

That’s cos ojo is shit and one of the worst players to play for aberdeen in last 10 years 

Utter nonsense 

2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

I’m serious here, I could name at least 30 worse in the past 10 years. Would have a shot at 50.

Agreed

37 minutes ago, thurso said:

You would really struggle to mane 30 first team players from the last 10 years worse than ojo but you can try if you like. 

Why would you hate someone you’ve never met but just has a different opinion than you 

I’ll have a go.

Foster

Mawene

Fallon

Mackie

Magennis

Clark

Chalali

Langfield

Hughes

Zola

Robertson

Monakana

Driver

Folly

Gonzalez

Jason Brown

Uchechi

Masson

Wylde

Tate

Daniels

McLaughlin

Parker

Miles Storey

Burns

Morris

Nwakali

Forrester

Gleeson

Main

Kennedy

That’s 31 so far. Pretty sure could do a good few more.

3 hours ago, thurso said:

He’s ran about more that’s about it 

Ojo came on and changed the game v Breidablik and scored v Hearts.

Bar his goal v Livi, you don’t even know when Jenks is on the pitch. That’s how anonymous he is. 

Ojo’s no world beater but at this point I’d rather have him in the squad than Jenks. But preferably Bates in defence and McCrorie in midfield.