Miles Storey

Burns

Morris

Nwakali

Forrester

Gleeson

Main

Kennedy

That’s 31 so far. Pretty sure could do a good few more.

I could argue about a lot of those names and I’m pretty sure a few were more than 10 years ago 

17 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Ojo came on and changed the game v Breidablik and scored v Hearts.

Bar his goal v Livi, you don’t even know when Jenks is on the pitch. That’s how anonymous he is. 

Ojo’s no world beater but at this point I’d rather have him in the squad than Jenks. But preferably Bates in defence and McCrorie in midfield.

Well I’ll agree that I’d rather mccrorie in midfield than ojo 

55 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Go on then

40, halfway house

I'll spot you Andy Considine

Won’t even take him. 

Maynard. Zola. Tate. Wylde. Clark Robertson. Chris Clark. Mawene. Chilali. Mackie. Stephen Hughes. Ucechi. Naismith. Monakana. Daniels. Scott Brown (keeper). Langfield. Jason Brown. Adam Collin. Woodman. Fallon. Milsom. Weaver. McLaughlin.  Shankland. Storey. Burns. Morris. Nwakali. Arnason (second time). Tansey. Gleeson. Forrester. Halford. Leigh. Bryson. Jon Gallagher. Hornby. Kennedy. Edmundson. McLennan. 

That’s leaving out any debatable ones. 

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Won’t even take him. 

Maynard. Zola. Tate. Wylde. Clark Robertson. Chris Clark. Mawene. Chilali. Mackie. Stephen Hughes. Ucechi. Naismith. Monakana. Daniels. Scott Brown (keeper). Langfield. Jason Brown. Adam Collin. Woodman. Fallon. Milsom. Weaver. McLaughlin.  Shankland. Storey. Burns. Morris. Nwakali. Arnason (second time). Tansey. Gleeson. Forrester. Halford. Leigh. Bryson. Jon Gallagher. Hornby. Kennedy. Edmundson. McLennan. 

That’s leaving out any debatable ones. 

Some list that. 

A lot of dosh wasted on that lot 

19 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

A fairly dispiriting return from his first 18 games: 7 wins, 7 losses and 4 draws 

2 early domestic cup defeats to teams ranked below us and one broadly similar euro exit. 

style of football- marginally better than the end of McInnes (would it even be possible to play a worse style?) but we are often guilty of resorting to type and just playing aimless hoofball or the patented sideways pass along the back. We really should copyright this move. 

signings - again a mixed bag ranging from Brown, very good,  to gurr and jenks, absolute pish. Who would have thought a reserve Atlanta player wouldn’t make the grade? 

lineups - guilty of making stupid basic errors eg starting 11 against Livingstone and raith but then remedying the situation by having the wherewithal and lack of ego to change things around when it’s all to apparent it’s not working. 

overall, 5/10. And that’s being generous. 

Its amazing how we as fans see things differently.

we are a team in transition post McInnes, had it been perfect? no. Are we ahead of expectations at this stage? For me yes

Just now, afc1903mad said:

Its amazing how we as fans see things differently.

we are a team in transition post McInnes, had it been perfect? no. Are we ahead of expectations at this stage? For me yes

Are we ahead of expectations though? 

Knocked out in the euro play off game 

Knocked out in the league cup at the first hurdle 

2 wins and a draw so far in the league against mid table opposition last season and a newly promoted Hearts. 

Not having a go but I wouldn't call that AHEAD of expectations. I'd be expecting to get 7 points from 9 there and beat Raith in the Cup. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Knocked out in the league cup at the first hurdle 

2 wins and a draw so far in the league against mid table opposition last season and a newly promoted Hearts. 

Not having a go but I wouldn't call that AHEAD of expectations. I'd be expecting to get 7 points from 9 there and beat Raith in the Cup. 

For me yes. New management team, new playing style, blooding youth, reached the play-offs in Europe.

The first window of opportunity to change the team is not yet closed and already we are playing a much more attractive team and are more excited by the signings than we were last year.

You’re focussing on the results, I’m talking about our transition.

last season we went about a dozen games not scoring and not getting results. Do you think we’ll do the same this season?

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Ahead of expectations

Lol

Ahead of my expectations so far, yes.

Ive been impressed where Glass is showing acknowledgement of when it’s not working and trying to make the change early, rather than the boring stick with plan A hoof ball from McInnes till the 85th minute, then throw big Ash up front.

I thought Glass would need a season to start getting the team in he wants and change our style, but he’s instilling confidence that we will have a great season.

One thing is as expected though. You being a dick ?

9 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

For me yes. New management team, new playing style, blooding youth, reached the play-offs in Europe.

The first window of opportunity to change the team is not yet closed and already we are playing a much more attractive team and are more excited by the signings than we were last year.

You’re focussing on the results, I’m talking about our transition.

last season we went about a dozen games not scoring and not getting results. Do you think we’ll do the same this season?

I'm focusing on everything. 

Pleased with the attacking football and the progress of the full backs, yes. 

Lots of questions still to be answered in defence, midfield and up front.  Just feels too early to claim we are ahead of expectations just yet. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm focusing on everything. 

Pleased with the attacking football and the progress of the full backs, yes. 

Lots of questions still to be answered in defence, midfield and up front.  Just feels too early to claim we are ahead of expectations just yet. 

Agreed we need to tighten up at the back and stop conceding sloppy goals.

From where we are, 1 month into the season, I’m enjoying seeing what we have compared to the back end of last year.

Theres a long way to go, but in my opinion we have improved more than I had anticipated (and I say this as we sit 1-0 down to Ross County)

Ramsay is the best player I’ve seen come through the system in some time, The boy is a pure joy to watch and streets ahead of some of the rest of the team (in forward thinking). There will be a lot of interest in the loon.

Now to see Glass give the team a kick up the proverbial sand come back to win the game

6 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Agreed we need to tighten up at the back and stop conceding sloppy goals.

From where we are, 1 month into the season, I’m enjoying seeing what we have compared to the back end of last year.

Theres a long way to go, but in my opinion we have improved more than I had anticipated (and I say this as we sit 1-0 down to Ross County)

Ramsay is the best player I’ve seen come through the system in some time, The boy is a pure joy to watch and streets ahead of some of the rest of the team (in forward thinking). There will be a lot of interest in the loon.

Now to see Glass give the team a kick up the proverbial sand come back to win the game

I think we're kidding ourselves. 

This team are completely disorganised min and have been for weeks. 

19 minutes ago, NEM said:

Yet we pumped United without moving out of 1st gear. 

Bolt you jakey jute zoomer

utd didna turn up up fir that..a fuckin embarrassmnt.. tell ye wha did turn up tho..yer mither in yer fancy wee shed..ehm in ther eh noo ridin fuck oot it oan eh bar..some flaps oan it.. fancy poppin in wi refreshments? thir nae ice.

To be honest, before the season started, if you told me we'd get to the playoff round in Europe and be unbeaten in our first four league games, I'd have taken it. The only huge disappointment, besides choking in Europe, is the League Cup exit. With all that said, I think we've had a decent transfer window and despite serious defensive issues, I'm happy to give the new management team until Xmas before making any informed judgement. We are a club in transition and it deserves time.

5 minutes ago, Arabian Knight said:

utd didna turn up up fir that..a fuckin embarrassmnt.. tell ye wha did turn up tho..yer mither in yer fancy wee shed..ehm in ther eh noo ridin fuck oot it oan eh bar..some flaps oan it.. fancy poppin in wi refreshments? thir nae ice.

Tired act ? 

been calling this since the 5-0 vs hacken

our midfield and wing backs are all encouraged to get forward to overload the opposition defence and midfield.

the hope is the midfield/ defence will shell it long our defence collect it give it to brown who plays it wide to a fullback and you get the ball back amongst our advanced midfield asap

its a great tactic and works well. two problems with it. if you dink it into the gap between midfield and defence and run onto it you are then running at speed with the ball. with no full backs we have an overloaded  defence

second problem is if our midfield lose the ball and the opposition are up the pitch with the ball instead off hoofing it

to me until our midfield get better at keep ball we either need to

Keep of the full backs back give us a 3 man defence and brown
Play a back 3 and brown 
Play 2 sitting centre mids

think what we may see is effectively a 3 man defence but mccrorie encouraged to be more midfield than defence means dropping a midfielder - Ferguson or ojo at the moment.

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

am I wrong but isn't that our first euro play off game since calderwood?

We used to get to the 3rd round that was our level - not even an occassional playoff this year play off

isn't that progress?

Admittedly  the league cup was a let down and not good enough but on league i always this 

Home wins greater than draw AND losses

Away wins greater than draws OR losses

3rd on GD and undefeated is ok by me 

7 minutes ago, Bamber said:

We used to get to the 3rd round that was our level - not even an occassional playoff this year play off

isn't that progress?

Admittedly  the league cup was a let down and not good enough but on league i always this 

I don’t care about circumstances. As far as I am concerned any draw is little better than a loss & should always be looked upon as a negative result.

Anything else & you risk a Calderwood, Alex Miller, Brown & even Mcinnes type mentality seeping into the team’s mentality 

Never be happy with a draw. Especially a late equaliser draw as that just means we played the bulk of game badly

Glass has said enough times that we will play to win EVERY game so hopefully he isn’t just throwing that out as a line to please.

The previous managers mentioned definitely set out teams to not lose being main focus & some more so/often than others 

7 minutes ago, Bamber said:

isn't that progress?

I'm just not sure we're ahead of expectations.  We've not won in the last 5 for a start so it's quite a statement to make. 

I'd say it's pretty topsy turvy so far which is kinda what I expected but I didn't expect to be out of the cup so early and I'd have expected a clearer pattern of play which we definitely don't have.  I'm also surprised at how poor we look defensively too. 

What were the expectations then do you think?