Dumbarton 0 - 1 Aberdeen

Utter inept performance once again. If Kamberi had scored that chance early on, or Considine with that header it may have been a completely different game, but we do what we always do and that's create chances in the first half and then struggle like fuck in the second. 

Ferguson not looking half the player he was. McCrorie getting into good positions and his shot over the bar was good technique, but shite execution. 

I thought Campbell was good today. Bossing the midfield but had nothing around him to do anything with the ball. Played a great ball for Kamberis miss.

Ramsey looked excellent, hopefully not going to be out for long. Ross looked keen too, willing to take a man on and make space for himself.

Hayes doesn't deserve his wages at the end of the season. What a shite season he's had. Another poor game all over the park, defending, crossing, shooting...everything just shite.

Hendry took his goal well. Now scored the same as Anderson, a player Fine-n-dandy thinks is somehow the next Ronaldo, in a team that can't score goals. Still not sure if he's any good or not, but he's taking his chances off the bench which is more than can be said for any of the other shitebags in the side.

Matty Kennedy went from looking like a player to looking like someone who's been given a Dons top and some gametime from the make a wish charity.

Sheerin looks like a fucking goblin patroling the touchline. 

17 minutes ago, Tzvetanovs hair said:

Absolutely dire to watch, Stephen Glass will need to rid the team of the 'old mates' type feel there is there.  Hayes and McGinn, 2 experienced pro's you would look to to inspire a team.  Hardly look like they talk to the rest in a game.  Ferguson and McCrorie seem to try but you would hope for someone more seasoned to try to encourage a team. 

Hayes looks a shadow of the player that left, which will happen when you re-sign an older player.  McGinn just doesnt offer enough and hasnt for a long time, which has been stated on here plenty.  Just seem like many of the players are mates that just turn up and kickaround a bit.  I dare say a few are pissed off their mates in charge got the dunt but a lot of them have been seriously found out this year and I think Glass and the staff will be backed to get rid of them. 

Doesnt help that they have been drilled to play a certain way for years and they don't look to have the interest / confidence to run at things differently at the moment.

Ross and Ramsey were great tho, showed a lot of older players up in terms of composure and manner.

I was delighted that Hayes was coming back, one of my favourite all time players. It was to be expected that he wouldn’t be as quick but wtf has happened to him? He looks like he is holding back all the time which is not something you could ever say before.

McGinn returning was the total opposite, I genuinely wish we hadn’t re-signed him. Has he had a good game since he came back? 

Both need moved on ASAP 

• Downvote 1
32 minutes ago, Tzvetanovs hair said:

Absolutely dire to watch, Stephen Glass will need to rid the team of the 'old mates' type feel there is there.  Hayes and McGinn, 2 experienced pro's you would look to to inspire a team.  Hardly look like they talk to the rest in a game.  Ferguson and McCrorie seem to try but you would hope for someone more seasoned to try to encourage a team. 

Hayes looks a shadow of the player that left, which will happen when you re-sign an older player.  McGinn just doesnt offer enough and hasnt for a long time, which has been stated on here plenty.  Just seem like many of the players are mates that just turn up and kickaround a bit.  I dare say a few are pissed off their mates in charge got the dunt but a lot of them have been seriously found out this year and I think Glass and the staff will be backed to get rid of them. 

Doesnt help that they have been drilled to play a certain way for years and they don't look to have the interest / confidence to run at things differently at the moment.

Ross and Ramsey were great tho, showed a lot of older players up in terms of composure and manner.

I thought Ross was pretty poor.

I’m in no way writing him off, but apart from one good shot that the keeper saved well, I didn’t think he threatened at all. 

• Downvote 1

Yes Ramsay did well but we have to remember this was Dumbarton we were playing and we are about to play the other top 6 sides in the league so we need to see how he gets on in these games before we can see how talented he really is. The signs were encouraging though.

I had almost forgotten Ferguson was playing at one point he was so anonymous.

Don't rate Kamberi at all. 

Sums up how our season has turned to shit that we are relying on St Johnstone's 4th choice striker for goals.

A massive clearout is needed.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I thought Ross was pretty poor.

I’m in no way writing him off, but apart from one good shot that the keeper saved well, I didn’t think he threatened at all. 

I thought he was on the ball more than most and looked to move around more, looking for something to happen.  

Thought the way he applied himself was a lot better than most of the experienced heads there, which wasnt hard

12 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Yes Ramsay did well but we have to remember this was Dumbarton we were playing and we are about to play the other top 6 sides in the league so we need to see how he gets on in these games before we can see how talented he really is. The signs were encouraging though.

Sums up how our season has turned to shit that we are relying on St Johnstone's 4th choice striker for goals.

Thats true regarding Ramsay, the minutes will have done him good playing against mannies.  Shame he couldnt get a shot against the likes of Hamilton next to take him on a bit more.

2 hours ago, RUL said:

The positive is we got the win and are through.

However it was tough. We don't have the players to play out from back. 

Our midfield 3 are totally devoid of pace and creativity.  It's like 3 Brian grants and that's before brown. We need a midfielder with some speed. 

Ross and ramsay were both decent but kamberi was absolutely shite. 

I agree. 
Playing out from the back when it’s Lewis, Hoban & Considine is never going to work & even more so on a horrible, dry bumpy pitch. 

Dumbarton pressed us and gave them some scary moments. Imagine that with the Premiership teams. 

We’re never happy though, we’d be moaning if we were just shelling it 60 yards in the general direction of our striker. 

If we’re to persist with the playing out from the back, then the personnel will need to change. 

3 hours ago, Woody21 said:

5) Hendry took his goal well, thank feck, but it was Kamberi that really troubled me. Really looks like a fair weather player to me now. I would imagine we can do much better striker recruitment wise.

Might have been mentioned, but it was such a lazy signing. I'm assuming McInnes signed him as that type of player is his MO.

Generally though, the striker situation this season has been a shitshow.

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What's the deal with McGeouch? 

Hardly gets any minutes at all and we are playing with three central midfielders most ganes.  Something not right there. 

Surely he's getting punted in the summer. Another in a long list of disappointing McInnes signings.

24 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I agree. 
Playing out from the back when it’s Lewis, Hoban & Considine is never going to work & even more so on a horrible, dry bumpy pitch. 

Dumbarton pressed us and gave them some scary moments. Imagine that with the Premiership teams. 

We’re never happy though, we’d be moaning if we were just shelling it 60 yards in the general direction of our striker. 

If we’re to persist with the playing out from the back, then the personnel will need to change. 

We have to continue with trying to keep possession and not just hoofing it up the pitch

1 hour ago, torry_battery_ram said:

My thoughts exactly. 

8 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

Kept the ball well against an team of part timers? Some achievement. No penetration just backwards & side to side. Nobody wanting to take responsibility apart from Campbell to be fair to him. Really was torture to watch. 

Aye it was pish. But at least they weren't punting it long.  Baby steps. 

4 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Glass and Brown need to be knighted for taking this job on.    If Aberdeen  get Cove Rangers in the next round or Stranraer they are out.    Lewis and the rest who spout off in the evening express need to STFU.  A division 1 team  that had to play 2 games within so many days then take this lot on who are supposed to be super fit, (well done Dumbarton. )   

Be fair chuffed if we draw cove huns in the next round tbf ?

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Aye, I would rate Campbell higher than a 4 to be honest however my annoyance is everyone picking the bones out of games just attack the lad when he plays his heart out.

Misplaces a pass then doesn't let it bother him. Shows for the ball within seconds.

Ferguson or McRorie fuck up, then hide for 10 mins or so.

It annoys the cunt out of me that folk just want to try and batter the boy, when he has been our best midfielder the second half of the season.

Does he have bad games? Absolutely. Is he the finished article? No.

However the guy has something about him. I trust him. I don't trust McRorie. 

Agree re Campbell. 

Don't think McRorie hides, but he had a stinker today. Kept getting on the ball and trying to drive with it, in fairness to him. 

Ferguson can't influence games to save his life at the minute, anonymous and ineffective today aside from his header which the keeper saved. 

We literally can't get any worse, is the only positive. 

7 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

What a fantastic game. Isn’t a real delight to see the players now performing to the best of their ability now they are free from the shackles of McInnes.

That is a team very much weighed down by the 'shackles' of McInnesball.

Sucked the life out of very competent players.

7 hours ago, RedRichard said:

With a bit of confidence that would have been 4-0 comfortably. I've watched far worse performances from us this season. If Campbell wants to give his hat fanclub more than just a limp semi he's going to have to find an endproduct to his game. But yes the whole midfield not really working at the moment. Hoping for at least 7 new first team players for next season, because the quality we are lacking can't just be addressed by more confidence and better coaching. 

Why after that 90 minutes do you point your scorn on Campbell? What's your thoughts on McCrorie and Ferguson over this last period where they've been, frankly, pish? What's  your thought's on McGeouch, who can't shift 3 young lads out of the team? Why fixate on Campbell negatively when he's  been far better than that 3. You reek of an agenda.

Campbell is the least of our problems. 

• Upvote 3

Piss poor performances are the most consistent attributes  of this team

Ferguson  has been poor most of the season, McCorie raised are hopes for about 3 weeks and since then has underperformed 

We could get rid of half of this current team and not miss them. The out of contract players can just go now for all I care.

Sheerin and  Robson also need booted out of the door their presence does not help matters hopefully they both move on they are inept

The good news is we known who are manager is and Scott Brown will make his presence known. 

The loan players can all go back to their respective clubs

Expect a few P45s to be handed out in May. Long overdue in most cases

Glass has one helluva job ahead of him. Mcrorie is shite. Hendry isn't as good as Cosgrove (who was shite). The only shining light was the young guys. Campbell has a great opportunity to learn from Brown how to play the anchor role... but will need someone to win the ball for him. Anyone I haven't mentioned, apart from Lewis and Ferguson (Hanging by a thread), are expendable

Agree with the Big job that Glass has got in front him rebuilding the team, confidence canna get any any lower than it is now

Once we get some new faces in the summer & a new captain im sure Ferg/ Lewis & Mcrorie will start to look good again. hopefully the young guys will continue to improve & push for 1st team starts to save money for taking in players for the next season

12 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I agree. 

Yeah, I agree if we bombed it forward we would all be moaning like fuck. Just going to be some tough moments ahead I imagine adjusting our team.