Dumbarton 0 - 1 Aberdeen

19 hours ago, Parklife said:

Amazing what happens when you stop hoofing crosses in...

Indeed.

Took a scoof o' my pint in the pub, said as much to my mate, how about on deck and play through the cunts FFS, went for a pish, came back and we were 1-0 via that very method.

Rocket science nae required.

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

Indeed.

Took a scoof o' my pint in the pub, said as much to my mate, how about on deck and play through the cunts FFS, went for a pish, came back and we were 1-0 via that very method.

Rocket science nae required.

Pretty frustrating eh? I went to kitchen for another drink and missed the goal. 

Astounded when Gary Caldwell said on Sportscene last night that Sheerin and Robson had done an excellent job of keeping us ticking over. A 1-0 defeat to Dundee United and a 1-0 win over Dumbarton, truly excellent. 

I don't expect much from Sheerin while he's in charge. The youth players being included is a positive although shouldn't be a surprise given his role in the reserves. There's been slight changes in terms of trying to keep the ball on the deck but largely we still look drained of energy or even interest. 

My problem with Sheerin is he's clearly still loyal to McInnes or still trying to feign loyalty. He hasn't signed up for change and he is defeatist when interviewed by the media. It's not going to work having him around. I expect he is waiting to be shown the door because that is how it appears. 

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc
43 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Astounded when Gary Caldwell said on Sportscene last night that Sheerin and Robson had done an excellent job of keeping us ticking over.

You could see he was still smarting from the ‘thanks for your interest’ email.

Sportscene should be axed.

45 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Astounded when Gary Caldwell said on Sportscene last night that Sheerin and Robson had done an excellent job of keeping us ticking over. A 1-0 defeat to Dundee United and a 1-0 win over Dumbarton, truly excellent. 

I don't expect much from Sheerin while he's in charge. The youth players being included is a positive although shouldn't be a surprise given his role in the reserves. There's been slight changes in terms of trying to keep the ball on the deck but largely we still look drained of energy or even interest. 

My problem with Sheerin is he's clearly still loyal to McInnes or still trying to feign loyalty. He hasn't signed up for change and he is defeatist when interviewed by the media. It's not going to work having him around. I expect he is waiting to be shown the door because that is how it appears. 

He looks like that co worker who’s going through the motions after handing in his resignation. Needs the four weeks wages but can’t be fucked and doesn’t care.

30 minutes ago, Millertime said:

We have had a completely different approach since Sheerin took charge, so you are talking dung

The problem is our players are shite at it

Agreed. Hoofing long balls up the park no longer the norm.

Hopefully a turnover of players + more blooding of the younger players will lead to new approach bringing improved performance.

Will take time which, if improvement is readily obvious, is ok by me.

After all I was brought up in the early, trophyless Fergie era when he blooded several teenagers at the same time, albeit with a rock solid defence.

Not expecting to dominate Europe again but playing fearless youngsters with one or two SB's in the team seems a good way to improve the entertainment on the pitch.

8 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Agreed. Hoofing long balls up the park no longer the norm.

Hopefully a turnover of players + more blooding of the younger players will lead to new approach bringing improved performance.

Will take time which, if improvement is readily obvious, is ok by me.

After all I was brought up in the early, trophyless Fergie era when he blooded several teenagers at the same time, albeit with a rock solid defence.

Not expecting to dominate Europe again but playing fearless youngsters with one or two SB's in the team seems a good way to improve the entertainment on the pitch.

Fergie blooded Youngsters without any hesitation due to the trust he had in his established Players to help them through games. Problem we have is our established players are shite and pretty characterless, hence why Glass emphasised the need for good senior Pro's and why he feels a player like Brown will be important on the pitch

18 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Calum Hendry is not good enough.

Yes he’s scored our only two goals in the last eleven games, but we need to be looking for better than him, surely? 

We do need to be looking at better than Callum Hendry, granted, however, he is the best we have currently got I'm afraid.

He took his goal very well yesterday, something most of our other players are incapable of doing.

An offer of a 2 year deal would be a win win situation even if we acquired someone that goes on to deliver us 20+ goals a season regularly like Adam Rooney. He has showed already with his two goals he can influence a game. 

1 hour ago, Sheeptastic said:

Glad we didn’t go with Maloney now when it was Caldwell that was going to be his assistant. Really need to be careful about appointments and not let the loser mentality back in.  

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Still better than Kamberi

He looked like he might be handy to start with, but couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Shite.

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Calum Hendry is dogshit. 

Full of effort and running, took his goal well yesterday, but still absolutely dogshit.

Problem is....in Scotland third and fourth choice strikers generally are, unless they're getting paid megabucks to be so at one of the arse cheeks. Finances everywhere else don't allow that. The best solution therefore is to bring through your own home grown talent that progress from first choice in the youth team into the first team. Doesn't happen too often though.

If you sign one and they turn out to be good...well they usurp your 2nd and maybe even 1st choice strikers for their position in the pecking order. And become sellable assets in doing so.

But generally they are cheap and there to fill in for short periods covering for injury/illness/loss of form for your top two. And they're grateful for that.

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Problem is....in Scotland third and fourth choice strikers generally are, unless they're getting paid megabucks to be so at one of the arse cheeks. Finances everywhere else don't allow that. The best solution therefore is to bring through your own home grown talent that progress from first choice in the youth team into the first team. Doesn't happen too often though.

If you sign one and they turn out to be good...well they usurp your 2nd and maybe even 1st choice strikers for their position in the pecking order. And become sellable assets in doing so.

But generally they are cheap and there to fill in for short periods covering for injury/illness/loss of form for your top two. And they're grateful for that.

If he'd come in as fourth choice he'd be nae bad. Can't see it, though.

4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

If he'd come in as fourth choice he'd be nae bad. Can't see it, though.

Whilst he might not be our first choice he's still done more than all the rest - twice - on limited showing - and in all probability with few runs in any side - let alone our own team (for want of a better word).  I'd offer a contract - he'll be relatively cheap but I'd not expect him to be our only striker - for the moment it would appear that he is. A regular 20 a season man will take cash or luck. 

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Hence why your 3rd or 4th choice striker should be coming from your Academy where possible. I would be giving Ruth a chance just now as he cannot be any worse than what is currently in the side and he will certainly be an Aberdeen player going forward unlike Kamberi, Hendry & Hornby. A couple of starts will not do Ruth's development any harm

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

We have had a completely different approach since Sheerin took charge, so you are talking dung

The problem is our players are shite at it

We pass it out from the back instead of punting it long. That is the difference and while I'd say it's a tentative step in the right direction, it alone doesn't make that much of a difference. 

Everything else is the same, we move it side to side at the back and in midfield without tempo or urgency and rely on crosses into the box for chances. 

Just watched the game not sure I should of bothered tho. 
Was impressed with the young lad Ramsey at right back tho him on one side with the other young lad Mackenzie on they other would be quite good to see thought they were both good last two games