Europe 21/22

Id hope that Aberdeen prepare a second option to host a fanzone like they had at Glasgow Green for the Euros.

I see they had 40,000 there, so as part of the negotiation should be, if we can't get 8,200 into Pittodrie, could we oraganise a 10,000 fanzone over at the cricket pitch behind broad hill?  Alcohol, big screens etc. Maybe make them rethink that 8,200 in an open air Pittodrie is not as risky 

39 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Fuck the Scottish Natzi Party and their leader who can’t remember a fricking thing in the salmond enquiry, and lied through her teeth and still is,  and her lieutenant the chief blasphemer who knows all about hell, and thinks he isn’t going there. If he insulted Ala  like he insulted Reece mogs god the Islamic head hunters would be after him and his nut.   

Never trust any politician…especially those who got schooled at Eton. 

24 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Id hope that Aberdeen prepare a second option to host a fanzone like they had at Glasgow Green for the Euros.

I see they had 40,000 there, so as part of the negotiation should be, if we can't get 8,200 into Pittodrie, could we oraganise a 10,000 fanzone over at the cricket pitch behind broad hill?  Alcohol, big screens etc. Maybe make them rethink that 8,200 in an open air Pittodrie is not as risky 

10000 capacity ?

100 would hold that in for a first round qualifier. 

16 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Not old fashioned just up thick.  let’s change the LET to Allow, illegals in, or let them invade, to come in then get free accomadation, and a fricking allowance to so they can stuff themselves and claim social , while there’s British homeless still sleeping on the streets and in shop door entrances in cardboard boxes.  Ex military homeless,  but hey the little dictator in the SNP and her generals would rather welcome in illegals.   

I'd rather live next door to a Libyan refugee (who we probably bombed out of their house) than a slavering fucking idiot like you.

Natzi, dictator, get a fucking grip you mental cripple.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 6
  • Dildo 1

In all seriousness though, what are the alternative opportunities if they don't allow the increased attendance?

I would have thought we would want to go to the pub, but its unlikely to be shown there (home game), so we'd end up watching at home again where at least we can get a few mates round and have a few beers.

It'll be better than what we had to go through watching games online last year, but still doesn't beat being at the ground.

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

In all seriousness though, what are the alternative opportunities if they don't allow the increased attendance?

I would have thought we would want to go to the pub, but its unlikely to be shown there (home game), so we'd end up watching at home again where at least we can get a few mates round and have a few beers.

It'll be better than what we had to go through watching games online last year, but still doesn't beat being at the ground.

Aye. 

You'd think that a controlled audience at Pittodrie would be seen as lower risk than hundreds of house parties watching it on premier sports or whatever 

26 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. 

You'd think that a controlled audience at Pittodrie would be seen as lower risk than hundreds of house parties watching it on premier sports or whatever 

Nice weather expected next week, so if we can't get into Pittodrie I guess its BBQ and beer time.

The government allowances for a party in the garden next week is:-

Up to 15 people from up to 15 households can meet outdoors - whether in a private garden or public place.

Children under 12 already don’t count towards the total number of people. From Monday, they will not count towards the total number of households ether.

20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. 

How can 2,000 spectators in each of the 4 stands be classed as a health hazard?

If that's the case we might as well never go out.

1 hour ago, shut up meg said:

I'd rather live next door to a Libyan refugee (who we probably bombed out of their house) than a slavering fucking idiot like you.

Natzi, dictator, get a fucking grip you mental cripple.

Wise up you idiot ,  your probably like your yapping leader waiting for William Wallace and Robert the Bruce to come riding through the mist from brigadoon.    We probably bombed out if their house, ???????????    Who the fuck are we, you idiot, Libyans destroyed Libya along with another dictator Gadaffi     It’s idiots like you and your dictator leader that would allow refugees to flood into the country not just from the middle east but all the Africans are now jumping into their blow up beach boats and crossing the Chanel hitching lifts to Scotland where they know there’s a sucker in a skirt called sturgeon, hoping for their votes for her Independence dream ticket. ( (Natzis.).   Now Piss Off. and Shut Up like your name. 

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 2
31 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Wise up you idiot ,  your probably like your yapping leader waiting for William Wallace and Robert the Bruce to come riding through the mist from brigadoon.    We probably bombed out if their house, ???????????    Who the fuck are we, you idiot, Libyans destroyed Libya along with another dictator Gadaffi     It’s idiots like you and your dictator leader that would allow refugees to flood into the country not just from the middle east but all the Africans are now jumping into their blow up beach boats and crossing the Chanel hitching lifts to Scotland where they know there’s a sucker in a skirt called sturgeon, hoping for their votes for her Independence dream ticket. ( (Natzis.).   Now Piss Off. and Shut Up like your name. 

Enjoy your evening with your ugly wife

Ugly Huns on Twitter: "No ugly Hun, but this Hun doesn't even want to say  he lives in Scotland showing they really are Scotland's shame.  http://t.co/w5IIX2XzzI"

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1

Would guess we are struggling 

if we can have 8000 we would know by now

Even 4000 would be sensible for the club 4000 in one game 4000 in next - all ST holders satisfied - seems an ok compromise

To me can only be discussing between 2 and 4K 

I would guess the Celtic 18k is causing an issue. We would argue that if they can do 10k + why cant we, if we got 7000 they would argue why to we have 30% capacity and they only allowed 12.5% (simplified) and "what can we do to get more.

We would argue we want the same number as celtic they would argue they want the same percentage - both arguements have merits. I know the local authority can decide and its different but thats the ongoing argument for sure

Would guess we should know fairly soon cos we will need to start distributing tickets. I would guess we will be closer to the definite limit than the optional request

25 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Even 4000 would be sensible for the club 4000 in one game 4000 in next - all ST holders satisfied - seems an ok compromise

I would guess the Celtic 18k is causing an issue. We would argue that if they can do 10k + why cant we, if we got 7000 they would argue why to we have 30% capacity and they only allowed 12.5% (simplified) and "what can we do to get more.

We would argue we want the same number as celtic they would argue they want the same percentage - both arguements have merits. I know the local authority can decide and its different but thats the ongoing argument for sure

Would guess we should know fairly soon cos we will need to start distributing tickets. I would guess we will be closer to the definite limit than the optional request

Glasgow are currently in Tier 2, go to Tier 0 on Monday and the match is Tuesday.

Aberdeen are currently in Tier 1, go to Tier 0 on Monday and the match is Thursday.

I'd say we should certainly be getting a higher percentage than them.

31 minutes ago, Bamber said:

That’s far to sensible a post when people have taken over the chat about politics but I think your probably right about the request 

• Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Glasgow are currently in Tier 2, go to Tier 0 on Monday and the match is Tuesday.

Aberdeen are currently in Tier 1, go to Tier 0 on Monday and the match is Thursday.

I'd say we should certainly be getting a higher percentage than them.

Both are tier 0 when the match is played

playing Devils Advocate

Why should we have a higher percentage than them equally why should we have a lower attendence than them

doesn t appear logical then the logic of me being double vaccinnated which by the swiss chees model makes it a bloody small hole to line up with and subject to restrictions is less than logical anyway. Lot of people in this town deal with risk analysis and management on a daily basis and understand the residual risk currently for a double vaccinated adult. 

Double vaccinated can go to most countries in the world and then return and provided take 1 test can return to work or go to pub etc straight away! Why can’t these same people go to a 90 minute game in the open air! We can all get LFT tests easy enough now for after or before game!! Unfortunately one thing is true this government based in Edinburg is very anti football 

10 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Double vaccinated can go to most countries in the world and then return and provided take 1 test can return to work or go to pub etc straight away! Why can’t these same people go to a 90 minute game in the open air! We can all get LFT tests easy enough now for after or before game!! Unfortunately one thing is true this government based in Edinburg is very anti football 

I know someone right now who is double vaccinated, was contacted by track and trace so started isolating and then tested positive a couple of days later.

I'd agree though, its easy to get yourself Lateral Flow tested regularly

Just now, afc1903mad said:

I know someone right now who is double vaccinated, was contacted by track and trace so started isolating and then tested positive a couple of days later.

I'd agree though, its easy to get yourself Lateral Flow tested regularly

The vaccine does not stop you getting covid as we all know , it just lessens the symptoms and hopefully hospitalisations , we need to realise it’s here for good and get our society back in our hands 

22 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

The vaccine does not stop you getting covid as we all know , it just lessens the symptoms and hopefully hospitalisations , we need to realise it’s here for good and get our society back in our hands 

So what difference should it make being double jabbed for attending events then?

17 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

This is risk mitigation - yes you can get covid no doubt but double vaccinated there is no significant other mitigation available in Scotland you can apply apart from isolating. you either accept the level of residual risk or the next option is to move to Antarctica 

The only other worthwhile option is to only allow tested people in but the scottish government demonstrated in euro 2020 they are not interested in mass gathering showing a vaccine passport. people point to Wembley, wimbledon or Silverstone having full capacity but they also demand proof of test -Scottish govt has said they wont take that route so meaningfull mitigation is being disregarded. I Would get fired and never work again in Aberdeen if I  identified a meaningful mitigation that was reasonable and practicable and chose to ignore it. Getting everyone to test pre match is both reasonable and practicable as has been demonstrated,  

36 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Well said. I’d feel more at risk going into tescos with the amount of tourists going about than I would going to a football match