What you doing today?

Get paid more for working less hours. Places close early all the time as everyone clocks off for beach/ bbq - work/ life balance is much better than the uk.

no jukeboxes and no character bars though petrol is £1/L and there’s no silly energy prices. 

looks absolutely shit in Scotland right now (but will be back)

3 hours ago, Don Fonte said:

Don't know Bluts.  Maybe Barcelona.

I like Europe.  Lots of good and varied countries to visit within a couple hours flight.

Can't do that from Australia.

Should all just stay in our own bit anyway.

Same as you Don Australia is too far away but the likes of Spain less than 3 hours away with plenty of places to fly from in Scotland .

30 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Get paid more for working less hours. Places close early all the time as everyone clocks off for beach/ bbq - work/ life balance is much better than the uk.

no jukeboxes and no character bars though petrol is £1/L and there’s no silly energy prices. 

That's a massive thing. The attitude to work in the UK, where time spent at work is often valued above productivity, is a shambles and it's absolutely a reason why the UK has some of the lowest productivity in Europe. 

Can certainly see the appeal of Australia. I don't think there in particular is for me, but an outdoors lifestyle and a better work:life balance is massively appealing.

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That's a massive thing. The attitude to work in the UK, where time spent at work is often valued above productivity, is a shambles and it's absolutely a reason why the UK has some of the lowest productivity in Europe. 

Can certainly see the appeal of Australia. I don't think there in particular is for me, but an outdoors lifestyle and a better work:life balance is massively appealing.

There’s just been a trial of a 4 day working week in the uk that has, unsurprisingly, proven to be largely successful with increased productivity, lower stress levels, and happier workforce.

From what I read, quite a few of the companies involved in the trial have kept it at 4 days instead of 5.

It’s a no brainer really.

8 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

There’s just been a trial of a 4 day working week in the uk that has, unsurprisingly, proven to be largely successful with increased productivity, lower stress levels, and happier workforce.

From what I read, quite a few of the companies involved in the trial have kept it at 4 days instead of 5.

Aye, but no cunt answers the phone and you can't get a GP appointment etc.  Good for the staff, not so great for customers.

12 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Agreed totally. 

2 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Aye, but no cunt answers the phone and you can't get a GP appointment etc.  Good for the staff, not so great for customers.

The businesses still operate 5 days a week, staff just have an extra rotating day off. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

That's a massive thing. The attitude to work in the UK, where time spent on AFC Chat is often valued above productivity, is a shambles and it's absolutely a reason why the UK has some of the lowest productivity in Europe. 

😄

34 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

😄

Shows you how fucking productive I am, IYAM. 😉

3 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Everyone knows folk that work from home, they do the bare minimum. (my son is one, he loves it) Like i said, staff love it. Clients/customers not so much.

Absolute havers.

Your son being a lazy bas isn't evidence of anything. 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
2 hours ago, Poodler said:

All blonde white women with big surfer thighs and shoulders though innit...?

Boggin. 

3 hours ago, Poodler said:

Just a pity it's full of fucking Aussies though.