What you doing today?

2 hours ago, The Boofon said:

Not a fast runner then?

Not anymore, no.

1 hour ago, Edwin Starr said:

Yes i did know him.

My mate Donald Gunn helped him during his attempt to do a record 24hr run 🏃‍♂️ 

He was your uncle i see 

You come from a good family background he was a pure gentleman. 

Mum's brother.

Yes, he was a good man. A lot of achievements for family to look back on fondly.

5 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Not anymore, no.

Mum's brother.

Yes, he was a good man. A lot of achievements for family to look back on fondly.

When it came to long distance running he knew he was off his head but Don also knew he had a strong mind to do what he had to do.

Years ago he got a big interview on the tv an amazing man with amazing achievements..

Do you run KSL.?

7 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

When it came to long distance running he knew he was off his head but Don also knew he had a strong mind to do what he had to do.

Years ago he got a big interview on the tv an amazing man with amazing achievements..

Do you run KSL.?

Used to when I was younger, but chose football.

knees are now too fucked to run. Need replacing which I'm waiting on.

10 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Used to when I was younger, but chose football.

knees are now too fucked to run. Need replacing which I'm waiting on.

I'm sure a runner from Moray Road Runner's got a knee replaced he got back running again but much slower .

Can't remember his name 

Having sore knees isn't good more so at night when They stiffen up and you've to move them about.

I'm sure Don was a teacher and used to run to his school and back home again.

Have you seen that interview about Don?

2 hours ago, Edwin Starr said:

I'm sure a runner from Moray Road Runner's got a knee replaced he got back running again but much slower .

Can't remember his name 

Having sore knees isn't good more so at night when They stiffen up and you've to move them about.

I'm sure Don was a teacher and used to run to his school and back home again.

Have you seen that interview about Don?

Post up the interview you mention and I'll be able to say aye or no.

If you like a read, his book is good.

https://amzn.eu/d/24samgW

Yes, he used to run from Lossie to Elgin and back every day.

3 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Post up the interview you mention and I'll be able to say aye or no.

If you like a read, his book is good.

https://amzn.eu/d/24samgW

Yes, he used to run from Lossie to Elgin and back every day.

Remembered the book the lads at Aberdeen AC bought his book I'm sure Fraser Clyne  has it as well 

They knew each-other very well Fraser has done many write ups about Don in the best sports paper ever 

the Green Final.

I'm sure your family will still have cuttings from that paper .

Don deserved much more acclaim for his achievements.I

5 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

Remembered the book the lads at Aberdeen AC bought his book I'm sure Fraser Clyne  has it as well 

They knew each-other very well Fraser has done many write ups about Don in the best sports paper ever 

the Green Final.

I'm sure your family will still have cuttings from that paper .

Don deserved much more acclaim for his achievements.I

Out with certain running circles I'm not sure his achievements are well recognised.

Got his MBE I suppose.

Just back from a night out in the big smoke which started with some beers then on to see Darren McGarvey at the Tivoli before more beers then home.

Darren McGarvey is a well balanced kinda guy due the monumental chips he has on both shoulders.

He was actually better in the second half when he stuck to detailing his experience during lockdown with 2 kids.

Typical weegie, a fair few references to Glasgow specific things expecting a north east audience to either get what he was talking about or to be able to relate to.

@CCB III

@Parklife

Thinking he would be right up your street no?

40 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Just back from a night out in the big smoke which started with some beers then on to see Darren McGarvey at the Tivoli before more beers then home.

Darren McGarvey is a well balanced kinda guy due the monumental chips he has on both shoulders.

He was actually better in the second half when he stuck to detailing his experience during lockdown with 2 kids.

Typical weegie, a fair few references to Glasgow specific things expecting a north east audience to either get what he was talking about or to be able to relate to.

@CCB III

@Parklife

Thinking he would be right up your street no?

Surely you though he’d be right up your street or why the fuck did you go yi fud?

6 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

Surely you though he’d be right up your street or why the fuck did you go yi fud?

Got to admit that when I first read his book "Poverty Safari" there were certain aspects of it that resonated with me.

Not going to say that was my main motivation, but rather we went along with my mate who has started going out with a girl who is a Social Worker and it was her idea. The things someone will do for a shag!

The lass turned out to be what I reckon a female version of Consie (with nicer tits).