Calvin Ramsay

5 minutes ago, minijc said:

It obviously comes with a risky but that's why a decent fee upfront is key, I'd like more for Ramsay upfront but if we get £4m straight up with decent add ons we could come out of this very well.  McKenna getting sold in the summer would net us a decent add on I believe, depending on the fee but could be an addition £2m to £4m.

Ryan Fraser showed how risky it is. Just saw out his contract and fucked off on a Bosman. 

Still think the club need to show some backbone regarding the fee for Ramsay. 

Clubs from engerlund come up here & always try to steal players on thr cheap, they are riddled with cash & 4 mill won't even be missed at Liverpool.

Why if reports are correct would we knock back 4.8 million from bologna then accept 4 Mill from the yossers.

We can only hope that there is a bidding war for him. But it seems he's heading to scouseland.

Good luck to ramsay, he's a top player & I hope he goes onto big things which I suspect he will.

I'm just hoping the money received will be made available to JG to bring in some quality which is badly lacking in this team.

Just now, Dandiesmin68 said:

Clubs from engerlund come up here & always try to steal players on thr cheap, they are riddled with cash & 4 mill won't even be missed at Liverpool.

Why if reports are correct would we knock back 4.8 million from bologna then accept 4 Mill from the yossers.

We can only hope that there is a bidding war for him. But it seems he's heading to scouseland.

Good luck to ramsay, he's a top player & I hope he goes onto big things which I suspect he will.

I'm just hoping the money received will be made available to JG to bring in some quality which is badly lacking in this team.

I’d imagine that if he was English at an English Championship club, the fee would likely be a lot more.

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Depends.  The add ons would have to have a significantly higher potential return before I'd turn down money up front. 

I assume AFC reckon the Liverpool deal is the best due to the amount upfront and the potential add ons so the deal makes most sense.  I do think business wise the club do things a lot better now with regards to player sales than we did before.

14 minutes ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

We have a league that fucking undersells itself, a league that had time and time again totally fucked up sponsorship deals , little wonder our clubs are treated with contempt Scottish clubs only have themselves to blame,

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

As soon as one of the papers mentions that someone is interested in Barron all this will start again. 

The obsession with 'add ons' is possibly the strangest development in recent times. 

Barron is still very much under the radar as far as the Weegia is concerned, but that will change soon enough 

28 minutes ago, redone said:

If we get £4m for Ramsay , even without any add-ons , that’s a fuckin result and a half for us.

Outstanding bit of business for a defender who’s shown little sign of being a capable defender.

I mean Trent is 23 now and shown little signs he’s a capable defender but he’s probably the best RB in the world! ? 

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, milne_afc said:

£4m is decent considering his form fell off a cliff in September and never recovered. Good luck to the lad, opportunity of a lifetime to join the current best team on the planet imho and well done to the Dons for not pricing him out of a move.

Bullshit. If it’s £4 million pound we’ve been robbed. He is comparatable with hickey and Patterson and look what the are quoted as being worth. Ramsay’s form after his injury hasn’t even been that bad despite what has been said on here. 

10 hours ago, Millertime said:

If its 4m up front,  it will more than likely include add ons

4m up front for an 18 year old who had a storming 3 months or so then absolutely flopped, is superb business

Barron is the one who is going to make us huge money, what a talent that tiny little man is

As good as Barron is if we can’t get a good fee of £5 million for Ferguson we won’t for Barron 

• Haha 1
Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, thurso said:

Bullshit. If it’s £4 million pound we’ve been robbed. He is comparatable with hickey and Patterson and look what the are quoted as being worth. Ramsay’s form after his injury hasn’t even been that bad despite what has been said on here. 

As good as Barron is if we can’t get a good fee of £5 million for Ferguson we won’t for Barron 

I don’t appreciate your tone.

34 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

As he's aged 18, 3 years registered at Liverpool will mean he's classed as homegrown by UEFA and the EPL.

Aye there is that.
I was meaning more that if he was at say a Wigan, or a Sheff Utd, and being talked up the way Ramsay is at the mo, with the stats he has, he’d be valued at double what is currently being talked about.
£4M is fuck all for a club like Liverpool, and they seem very keen to get him.

15 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

I don’t appreciate your tone.

Good. If we sold him to a lesser English team like hull for example like United did with Robertson after a season Liverpool would but him for 3x as much. Why should we sell ourselves short with our best prospect for 30 years just because “it’s good for his career and will make him a millionaire”

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, thurso said:

Good. If we sold him to a lesser English team like hull for example like United did with Robertson after a season Liverpool would but him for 3x as much. Why should we sell ourselves short with our best prospect for 30 years just because “it’s good for his career and will make him a millionaire”

Do you know the terms of his current contract? A simple yes or no, please. Let’s avoid another word salad.

yes or no?

Do we actually have scouts now?

I know we dispensed with that whole 'find out if there's any decent players available' nonsense a while back... was it Calderwood era?... but maybe scouting is a thing we could try again?

Couldn't hurt, right? 

27 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Do you know the terms of his current contract? A simple yes or no, please. Let’s avoid another word salad.

yes or no?

What’s his current contract got to do with it. There is only two Aberdeen players contract Iv ever known what they were and neither are Ramsay so that is a no ?

27 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Doing business with Liverpool on Ramsay might give us an opportunity to take one or two of their youngsters on loan. Never know the knock on effects of a deal like this I guess.

Didn’t go well with ward when they pulled him back early

16 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Do we actually have scouts now?

I know we dispensed with that whole 'find out if there's any decent players available' nonsense a while back... was it Calderwood era?... but maybe scouting is a thing we could try again?

Couldn't hurt, right? 

Chocolate Dave said recently we were looking to appoint a full time scout in some European market, no idea if we have any in the UK

59 minutes ago, thurso said:

Why?

Barron is performing at a much higher level than Ferguson was at that age

14 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Why?

Barron is performing at a much higher level than Ferguson was at that age

Rubbish. Ferguson was excelling for us at 18 Barron has only just broke into our team at nearly 20 and is a good player but hasn’t scored yet 

13 hours ago, slippers said:

Unbelievable talent though. If we can’t get more than 4m for him it dosnt exactly bode well unless it’s rising to 8m or something. Probably agree it’s not a bad deal if we have atleast the same again in achievable add ons.  

Is he really an unbelievable talent though?

maybe he is. And 4m could be very low….

or maybe he’s no better than a teenage Kevin mcnaughton who eventually left for £0 and had a solid championship career. 

I reckon £4m is decent for where he is and for where Aberdeen are. Hopefully if we can continue this type of business (that we have only just started to see) then the fees can become higher….. aaaand we hopefully won’t waste the money we receive on shite (this is the biggest worry)