Calvin Ramsay

14 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Or fans that aren’t living in cloud cuckoo land and are capable of objectivity?

It's football and in this case, it's English top tier football. The richest league in the world. A league where Harry Maguire was sold for £80m and squad fillers regularly sell for £10m+  and you are trying to tell people to be objective.

Wise up.

Scottish clubs should be doing their upmost to get the most for their talent and not follow your lead.

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Perhaps that is harsh on him, agreed. I just feel that with his talent we should still be seeing what’s brought about all this hype, instead he seems to have regressed somewhat since January. Whatever happens I don’t think keeping him here is really an option now, especially if he has agreed wages etc with Liverpool. 

Given the fact he’s a right back, I think a lot about his form is down to the team. We were crap in the first half of the season but holy shit we’ve been bad the second half. 

you can’t run a game from right back. He’s also clearly better going forward than he is defensively… so I think if you saw him in a successful attacking team you’d have a hell of a player on your hands. Stick him in the dons 16/17 team and consi would have scored 7 goals himself at dens park that night 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

His parents called his protective helmet he’s always had to wear, his ‘big hat’ 

I bet that was funny in your head. Probably took a while too. Shame.

28 minutes ago, brownie said:

It's football and in this case, it's English top tier football. The richest league in the world. A league where Harry Maguire was sold for £80m and squad fillers regularly sell for £10m+  and you are trying to tell people to be objective.

Wise up.

Scottish clubs should be doing their upmost to get the most for their talent and not follow your lead.

Do you think these English clubs just chuck money about because they can? They have huge income but they also have huge expenditure. Why don’t you think Liverpool don’t just buy every bit of young talent that comes through in Scotland every season? Connor Barron has been superb these last few months when Liverpool scouts have been looking at Ramsay, why not chuck us a million for him as well?

18 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Given the fact he’s a right back, I think a lot about his form is down to the team. We were crap in the first half of the season but holy shit we’ve been bad the second half. 

you can’t run a game from right back. He’s also clearly better going forward than he is defensively… so I think if you saw him in a successful attacking team you’d have a hell of a player on your hands. Stick him in the dons 16/17 team and consi would have scored 7 goals himself at dens park that night 

I don’t disagree with most of that, if we had Ramsay instead of the final few years of Shay Logan then I think he would have looked superb. I’ve just been really disappointed as he was the only real glimmer of hope during the first half of the season.

49 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I have to question why he's been allowed to agree wages with a club prior to an acceptable deal being agreed.

Or is that just totally invented news too??

This gets reported for so many transfers these days. Not sure how it can be allowed.

I’m not believing any transfer figures until I see it reported or confirmed by either club. £6.5m with achievable add on’s is a great deal for us.

5 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s not but try again. 

Hysterical nonsense as per with you, totally incapable of debating like an adult. If Calvin Ramsay wants to move to Liverpool and has agreed terms then who has the power here? We deny him the transfer and then he completely spits the dummy and we are left with an asset of decreasing value. Look at the way he has acted since alleged interest in January, you honestly think if we turn down Liverpool he would be alright with that because he has a contract at “the famous Aberdeen” ?

Crazy levels of delusion.

Hysterical nonsense?  You're the one claiming we'll just have to agree to whatever Liverpool value him at.  Usual pish from you, usually just seeking confrontation or to appear edgy but this time seems like you actually mean it.

Seek help

^^^ utterly rattled

Resorted to making things up because he’s rattled as usual. Lost what little credibility he thought he had.

Wasn't me who made the claim.  Do try and keep up dumb dumb.

58 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I have to question why he's been allowed to agree wages with a club prior to an acceptable deal being agreed.

Or is that just totally invented news too??

The modern transfer (actually for something like 15 years now), especially for players going on an upward trajectory, is normally done this way.  Clubs reach an agreement in principle on approximate valuation in order to allow personal terms to be discussed; no point spending hours and days debating a transfer fee if personal terms can't be agreed.  Ultimately a player might decide not to move or a selling club might be able to make an attractive counter offer.  The final valuation can be influenced by the buying club's valuation of the player in terms of wages offered; eg £1m a year/4 years = £4m.  So in theory if clubs agree in principle £1m but then offer a player a £10m contract, the selling club has the right to say they feel they are being shafted.

7 minutes ago, NEM said:

Hysterical nonsense?  You're the one claiming we'll just have to agree to whatever Liverpool value him at.  Usual pish from you, usually just seeking confrontation or to appear edgy but this time seems like you actually mean it.

Seek help

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

Wasn't me who made the claim.  Do try and keep up dumb dumb.

You’re that one making things up because you’re utterly rattled for some reason. Another middle-aged baldy wearing stone island IMO.

3 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Do you think these English clubs just chuck money about because they can? They have huge income but they also have huge expenditure. Why don’t you think Liverpool don’t just buy every bit of young talent that comes through in Scotland every season? Connor Barron has been superb these last few months when Liverpool scouts have been looking at Ramsay, why not chuck us a million for him as 

Yes English clubs do it all the time. Especially for players who look good at a young age. 

man United spunked £25 million on diallo who can now hardly get a game for sevco. 

spurs bought sessiniong for £25 million pounds after a couple of good seasons in the championship and is only now getting a game for them. 

Everton didn’t spend £12 million on Patterson for his current worth or he would of got a game for them 

did Liverpool themselves not waste £4million on a centre half from Preston with just 6 months of a contract left 

So I don’t see why we should not be pushing for a bigger fee. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Studebaker-90 said:

What’s your beef with bald cunts?

8 minutes ago, thurso said:

Yes English clubs do it all the time. Especially for players who look good at a young age. 

man United spunked £25 million on diallo who can now hardly get a game for sevco. 

spurs bought sessiniong for £25 million pounds after a couple of good seasons in the championship and is only now getting a game for them. 

Everton didn’t spend £12 million on Patterson for his current worth or he would of got a game for them 

did Liverpool themselves not waste £4million on a centre half from Preston with just 6 months of a contract left 

So I don’t see why we should not be pushing for a bigger fee. 

Okay bud, how much do you think we should demand from them?

8 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Okay bud, how much do you think we should demand from them?

What I think and what we get are probably 2 different things but I think we should be getting £10 million for his as unlike you I don’t think his form has dropped that much and I do think he is that good.

I don’t personally see much point at asking for less money and a big sell on, if he does well there he’s likely to stay for years and not move for more but if he doesn’t get much of a look in he will either go for less or on a free at some point so we won’t make much on it 

• Upvote 3
11 minutes ago, thurso said:

What I think and what we get are probably 2 different things but I think we should be getting £10 million for his as unlike you I don’t think his form has dropped that much and I do think he is that good.

I don’t personally see much point at asking for less money and a big sell on, if he does well there he’s likely to stay for years and not move for more but if he doesn’t get much of a look in he will either go for less or on a free at some point so we won’t make much on it 

so then the real question is, if we seemingly don’t have to accept any offer and he’s that good then why do you think we would get less than £10million?

8 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

so then the real question is, if we seemingly don’t have to accept any offer and he’s that good then why do you think we would get less than £10million?

Because I don’t think the director of football or manager are strong enough willed to hold out for £10 million pound and will accept less with add ons and a % of a future transfer. 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

Because I don’t think the director of football or manager are strong enough willed to hold out for £10 million pound and will accept less with add ons and a % of a future transfer. 

Yep your right they are weak pussys. Let the Liverpool’s Leeds Etc Etc know you mean business , I mean they are all saying Ramsay is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Aberdeen then should demand great money and the best deal they can get. 

9 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Yep your right they are weak pussys. Let the Liverpool’s Leeds Etc Etc know you mean business , I mean they are all saying Ramsay is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Aberdeen then should demand great money and the best deal they can get. 

Your right, I think it’s down to people in England having no regard for Scotland as a whole never mind the teams in the country they think they can get him for peanuts.

38 minutes ago, thurso said:

Your right, I think it’s down to people in England having no regard for Scotland as a whole never mind the teams in the country they think they can get him for peanuts.

It’s the stature of our club more than anything. I agree 10m is what I’d like to get but if we end up with 5m upfront and 3m in add ons I can live with that! Unfortunately the club only has so much power and if they want to be a club that youth sign for as a stepping stone they can’t be seen to hold players back to often. It’s a difficult balancing act but 3m upfront is a definite no! Things like getting into European group stages every season will help the profile of club and value of our players. 

14 minutes ago, slippers said:

It’s the stature of our club more than anything. I agree 10m is what I’d like to get but if we end up with 5m upfront and 3m in add ons I can live with that! Unfortunately the club only has so much power and if they want to be a club that youth sign for as a stepping stone they can’t be seen to hold players back to often. It’s a difficult balancing act but 3m upfront is a definite no! Things like getting into European group stages every season will help the profile of club and value of our players. 

I don’t think the size and stature of the club should matter if players are good enough and rich clubs want him pay the market value don’t try and get him on the cheap. If they do try that tell them to fuck off. Players should know if clubs don’t pay what we want as a club they won’t move. 

I also actually moving right now would be a bad move for Ramsay though 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, thurso said:

Why not? We made good money on Cosgrove and McKenna? Cosgrove was probably one of the best bits of outgoing business done ever.

5 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Why not? We made good money on Cosgrove and McKenna? Cosgrove was probably one of the best bits of outgoing business done ever.

Looking back Cosgrove was good business but he actually scored goals her so could of been better. Time will tell if McKenna was good business will all depend if he gets sold for a high amount and if we have a good sell on, but neither of those transfers were done with the current director of football or manager so not sure what they have to do with me saying they are not strong enough willed.

I do hope I’m proved wrong they hold out and we get a huge fee for him