Christian Ramirez

5 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

How many pairs of Mrs Rs knickers have you managed to steal off the washing line so far ?  

None.. you beat me to it.

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Fk knows fk cares really ?

Just checked.. he’s alive. Genuinely thought he died months ago. Way to ruin my day ?

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We now have 3 x 20 goals (potentially capable)  a season strikers but probably cannot see all of them fulfilling that because of game time. What a rare luxury we have never experienced 

Shearer, Jess, Booth and Paatelainen scored 84 between them season 92-93

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
21 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

Obviously they count but surely you must see you used it to inflate his conversion.

He had 7 shots against Peterhead and scored 1. That's 14%.

He had 4 shots against Dumbarton and scored none. That's now 9% against shite opposition.

If I'm being fair he does look like he's more interested but to win back the supporters he lost he needs to score a lot more than 9%. I hope he does

Aye, to be fair you can pad stats both ways.

Does the 4 shots include the one he scored that was disallowed? In which case that's 18%. Plus throw in that he's 100% for penalties. Personally I don't buy into them being a free hit. Ask Andy Considine. Or Rashford, Saka and Sancho.

The post you quoted suggested somewhere around the 20% mark for shots to goals. I suspect (I'd have no idea how or where to check and verify this) that a 20% shot to goals rate is actually pretty good in our league. For someone position scoring more than 10 goals as season anyway.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Aye, to be fair you can pad stats both ways.

Does the 4 shots include the one he scored that was disallowed? In which case that's 18%. Plus throw in that he's 100% for penalties. Personally I don't buy into them being a free hit. Ask Andy Considine. Or Rashford, Saka and Sancho.

The post you quoted suggested somewhere around the 20% mark for shots to goals. I suspect (I'd have no idea how or where to check and verify this) that a 20% shot to goals rate is actually pretty good in our league. For someone position scoring more than 10 goals as season anyway.

Agree can be padded either way. I'm giving an opinion on his shots from open play and no I'm not going to count a disallowed goal. If we did should we then count any shots when offside? No.

He's 1 out of 11 against shite opposition and a lot of the chances have been very scoreable. That's just not good enough imo.

If he got to 20% then obviously that's a lot better but I'd either want him higher than that or for him to start bring others into play. At the moment all he does is shoot. He loses every header, can't even pass 5 yards and can't hold the ball up. While that happens then he needs to be converting more than 1 in 5 for me against SPL competition 

14 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Agree can be padded either way. I'm giving an opinion on his shots from open play and no I'm not going to count a disallowed goal. If we did should we then count any shots when offside? No.

He's 1 out of 11 against shite opposition and a lot of the chances have been very scoreable. That's just not good enough imo.

If he got to 20% then obviously that's a lot better but I'd either want him higher than that or for him to start bring others into play. At the moment all he does is shoot. He loses every header, can't even pass 5 yards and can't hold the ball up. While that happens then he needs to be converting more than 1 in 5 for me against SPL competition 

We can't be counting disallowed goals. The key is in the word 'disallowed'.  Shouldn't be counting shots ruled out for offside either. 

Penalties are fair enough though. 

1 hour ago, Daisy1903 said:

I'm not sure I count the opposition either. That chance in the first half, he was in a good position and the ball in was good. He should have scored it, regardless of opposition.

Genuinely, I think you'd find that a conversion rate of 1 goal per 5 shots is actually good enough in Scotland.