Christian Ramirez

3 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Perfectly good goal chalked off, goal line clearance, good save by keeper, clever chip with keeper off line, a couple of misses, allegedly, I saw one.

He did fine.

With a better team around him he'll score goals.

End of that debate.

I don't think there's ever really been a debate he's a decent goal scorer.

Problem for me is he doesn't seem mobile enough if we are looking to play 1 striker but I could be wrong.

48 minutes ago, Redtillimdead said:

The guy is mentally weak.He will down tools again. 

We'd be better trying to get a fee for him before the inevitable happens. 

Depends how you look at it.

A lot of our players downed tools long before Ramirez did- they just weren't "mentally strong" enough to admit it so went through the motions.

Ramirez probably played more games than anyone else in our team if you include the MLS games as there season was underway when he came to us I think?

6 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Ramirez probably played more games than anyone else in our team if you include the MLS games as there season was underway when he came to us I think?

This has been overplayed. 

He made 6 mls  appearances for Houston in 2021 and I don't think they were all starts either. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This has been overplayed. 

He made 6 mls  appearances for Houston in 2021 and I don't think they were all starts either. 

In other news, in 7 seasons in mls he scored 36 goals, an average of 5 per season. 

6 isn't much really - I saw the comment made by Goodwin and assumed it was more that that.

With 36 games for AFC, makes 42 total which isn't loads really but still more than a lot of his team mates tbh.

Just now, Helmet said:

6 isn't much really - I saw the comment made by Goodwin and assumed it was more that that.

With 36 games for AFC, makes 42 total which isn't loads really but still more than a lot of his team mates tbh.

I do have sympathy that we didn't have other strikers that could have given him a bit of a rest from time to time though 

1 hour ago, Redtillimdead said:

Then he needs man managed. When he was bigged up and thought he was cock of the walk he scored plenty.

The service to him so far since the return has been better than the end of last season and he actually seems to be in the right position more often. 

Clean slate from last season. But 2 games, 2 goals so far. It's over to him to kick on now. If come October he's still getting this current level of service and isn't scoring at all then fair enough, but I'll not condemn him or get overly excited after 2 competitive games this season.

1 hour ago, Redtillimdead said:

The whole team downed their tools. I think if Goodwin doesn’t rate him or thinks he is mentally weak he will be out the team. I have a feeling Jim doesn’t put up with that mentality for very long. 

It was a management and player decision to let him go home early. He had not had a break of training and games for ages so got given time off. If my boss offered me time off I would take it. Now the lad is repaying the gaffer with goals. 

4 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

It was a management and player decision to let him go home early. He had not had a break of training and games for ages so got given time off. If my boss offered me time off I would take it. Now the lad is repaying the gaffer with goals. 

I think he should have turned it down. 

There was only a week left and he would have been better served saying that he'd been partly responsible for the mess of a season and wanted to see it through with his team mates to the end. 

That way he would have showed leadership and solidarity with his team mates. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Helmet said:

I don't think there's ever really been a debate he's a decent goal scorer.

Problem for me is he doesn't seem mobile enough if we are looking to play 1 striker but I could be wrong.

In his early games some of his off the ball and link up was outstanding. Little flicks and touches that spoke of a confident player... those disappeared with his smile as the season wore on.

I think it's wrong to say his game is limited to in the box advanced forward, and I saw enough in the first half of the season to feel hes currently playing well within himself.

He bears responsibility to keep his head up as much as the coaches do to keep him motivated.

If my employer offered me time off due to fatigue I would take it. But I’m not a professional footballer and don’t have the mentality of one ?

I think it says a lot that we are reliant on one striker so much that he cannot be with the team for a few games. I guess they could have just made up a fake injury to justify it but they didn’t lie. Shit team last year. 

With more foreign imports coming we need to be mindful of relocation issues from changing cultures and moving to the dark grey cold north east. Thank fuck we don’t have covid restrictions these days. Must have been a bit of a cunter for Ramirez when he first moved.  

7 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If I got offered the chance to Fk off early from Aberdeen back to America I would probably decide (after much pondering) ok  ?

Well I guess that's the difference between me and you son - no way I would

Dad: Bleeds the Dons as well he fucking should

FnD: Fucks off when the kitchen gets hot like a dirty selfish bastard 

Say no more 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

The whole team downed their tools. I think if Goodwin doesn’t rate him or thinks he is mentally weak he will be out the team. I have a feeling Jim doesn’t put up with that mentality for very long. 

Scored 2 against part timers. Then failed to score against part timers. If he goes and scores against people who actually are footballers then fair enough. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

That's not true. 

Ok let me rephrase it, he was allowed to go by his bosses even though we were in relegation trouble and games left in the league still to play, terrible management, Ramirez himself knew he was the only striker at the club at the time(moral choice) 

he left, knowing we were in trouble and was the only recognised striker at the club.

what’s not true?

1 minute ago, Dons79 said:

Ok let me rephrase it, he was allowed to go by his bosses even though we were in relegation trouble and games left in the league still to play, terrible management, Ramirez himself knew he was the only striker at the club at the time(moral choice) 

he left, knowing we were in trouble and was the only recognised striker at the club.

what’s not true?

It was impossible for us to get relegated when he left. We were 8 points off 2nd bottom with 2 games to play when he went home. 

He shouldn't have been allowed to go and he shouldn't have went but to say we were in relegation trouble is untrue. 

• Upvote 2
Just now, Parklife said:

It was impossible for us to get relegated when he left. We were 8 points off 2nd bottom with 2 games to play when he went home. 

He shouldn't have been allowed to go and he shouldn't have went but to say we were in relegation trouble is untrue. 

Fair enough, thought it was when we had more than 2 games but to be fair last season was shite anyway,  I think he will do just fine this season as I stated earlier with renewed energy and better support from quality players as opposed to last years crap. I still rate him, a happy Ramirez is a good Aberdeen season IMO

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Scored 2 against part timers. Then failed to score against part timers. If he goes and scores against people who actually are footballers then fair enough. 

The goals last season against Rangers, Celtic, Dundee United, Hibs etc not count as scoring against actual footballers?

12 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Fair enough, thought it was when we had more than 2 games but to be fair last season was shite anyway,  I think he will do just fine this season as I stated earlier with renewed energy and better support from quality players as opposed to last years crap. I still rate him, a happy Ramirez is a good Aberdeen season IMO

Agree totally with that. ? for a much, much better season. 

• Upvote 1