Christian Ramirez

Unclear why so much hate for a 15 goalscorer who would be a great backup striker.  I dont agree with goodwin dropping him from the squad last game and why is not the first off the bench in the 70 minute to keep things fresh.. trolls on the forum go focus on chicken without a head mclellan and only appearence concede a penalty bates.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

Unclear why so much hate for a 15 goalscorer who would be a great backup striker.

I agree. However, he's likely a very high earner. We can't be paying backups top level wages. 

It's best for everyone now that CR9 leaves. He needs to play, we need his wages off the books and to move on from him. 

38 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

I dont agree with goodwin dropping him from the squad last game and why is not the first off the bench in the 70 minute to keep things fresh..

We have made a significant investment in Duk. It's goodwin's job to try and develop him and make that investment have a return. Duk should be our first Miovski alternative IMO

2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

He scored 9 in the first 18 games (16 starts), nothing for the next 5 and then 6 goals in the next 11 games, before then scoring nothing in the last 3 months (coinciding with Goodwins arrival and the teams form in general falling off a cliff). At the point of his last goal in February he had scored 15 goals in 32 starts, not far off a goal every other game and a good record for any striker. His goal scoring RECORD stopped in February.

I'm not saying his goal scoring record for the season was great, it clearly wasn't however it didn't end in October. You can admit you were wrong you know.

I'll admit that he was horrendous from February onwards. Playing every minute and not scoring a goal.

The point that I'm trying make though is that some link his form dropping off to Glass being sacked or the rest of the team being crap. Let's be honest, the team were crap for the whole season. Prior to Glass being sacked in his last 9 games stretching back to December he only won two. And that included Edinburgh City. Admittedly Goodwin didn't improve things. He won two also and drew 5, so a very similar return.

And on the point of Ramirez. His first 18 games (up to end of Oct) he scored 9 goals. 1 every 2. Decent.

His next 19 games up to end of Feb he scored 6. Less than 1 in 3. Very average.

After Feb he did nothing.

So you can admit that I have a point about his form starting to dip from October.

You should also admit that we're not going to be a successful team with a guy who scores a goal every 3 games and contributes nothing else.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Donscanada said:

Unclear why so much hate for a 15 goalscorer who would be a great backup striker.  I dont agree with goodwin dropping him from the squad last game and why is not the first off the bench in the 70 minute to keep things fresh.. trolls on the forum go focus on chicken without a head mclellan and only appearence concede a penalty bates.

Probably taking exception to his piss poor performances after his mate got sacked. Or when he fucked off on his holidays leaving his team mates in the shit. Or when he openly supported the huns on social media. Guys a wimp with a shit attitude, I can’t wait until he’s gone. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Parklife said:

I agree. However, he's likely a very high earner. We can't be paying backups top level wages. 

It's best for everyone now that CR9 leaves. He needs to play, we need his wages off the books and to move on from him. 

We have made a significant investment in Duk. It's goodwin's job to try and develop him and make that investment have a return. Duk should be our first Miovski alternative IMO

Point well taken.. financial considerations for paying premiums wages for a backup

1 hour ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Probably taking exception to his piss poor performances after his mate got sacked. Or when he fucked off on his holidays leaving his team mates in the shit. Or when he openly supported the huns on social media. Guys a wimp with a shit attitude, I can’t wait until he’s gone. 

What did he say? 

4 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

I'll admit that he was horrendous from February onwards. Playing every minute and not scoring a goal.

The point that I'm trying make though is that some link his form dropping off to Glass being sacked or the rest of the team being crap. Let's be honest, the team were crap for the whole season. Prior to Glass being sacked in his last 9 games stretching back to December he only won two. And that included Edinburgh City. Admittedly Goodwin didn't improve things. He won two also and drew 5, so a very similar return.

And on the point of Ramirez. His first 18 games (up to end of Oct) he scored 9 goals. 1 every 2. Decent.

His next 19 games up to end of Feb he scored 6. Less than 1 in 3. Very average.

So you can admit that I have a point about his form starting to dip from October.

You should also admit that we're not going to be a successful team with a guy who scores a goal every 3 games and contributes nothing else.

Fair enough, but every striker will go through lean spells. If Miovski ends the season with a ratio of a goal every 2/3 games he’ll be doing incredibly well. 

I agree Miovski is the better option for us, Ramirez would be a good player to throw on when we’re chasing a game though or as a replacement when Miovski is off form (which will happen). Especially as we are now a team that looks more creative than last season.

I respect your opinion though, just don’t agree that he stopped scoring in October.

5 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Fair enough, but every striker will go through lean spells. If Miovski ends the season with a ratio of a goal every 2/3 games he’ll be doing incredibly well. 

I agree Miovski is the better option for us, Ramirez would be a good player to throw on when we’re chasing a game though or as a replacement when Miovski is off form (which will happen). Especially as we are now a team that looks more creative than last season.

I respect your opinion though, just don’t agree that he stopped scoring in October.

3 weeks ago you were telling us that Goodwin would be an idiot if he started Miovski over Ramirez 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

9 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Probably taking exception to his piss poor performances after his mate got sacked. 

What I find bizarre about the whole thing is the he scored in the last 3 games which Glass took charge of.

Against Livvy, Celtic and finally in the 2-1 Cup loss at Motherwell.

Then after the bizarre (and unprecedented?) social media brain fart upon Glass dismissal, he fails to score in his next 11 appearances.

While looking markedly disinterested.

^^^ That's where my beef lies with him.

Add to that his wages, and not being the psyche or mental attitude that by all accounts is a prerequisite to be in Goodwin's plans, then it's got to be best for all that he goes.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, minijc said:

Not in the squad for tonight, hopefully he can find a move to a club with a manger that treats him right.

Are you fishing? What's Goodwin done?

Dropped him for a better player? Changed his number which he said there were no problems about? Hardly treating him badly. Do you think he's treated Bates, Watkins or Maclennan badly?

I actually think he's been very decent with him. He made excuses for him at the end of last season saying he needs a rest, let him go home early and let him turn up late for pre-season.

Goodwin has said he wants pace, said himself he made a career out of being fit and he wants players who will work hard. Unfortunately for Ramirez he's none of those things and that's why he's been dropped.

4 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Are you fishing? What's Goodwin done?

Dropped him for a better player? Changed his number which he said there were no problems about? Hardly treating him badly. Do you think he's treated Bates, Watkins or Maclennan badly?

I actually think he's been very decent with him. He made excuses for him at the end of last season saying he needs a rest, let him go home early and let him turn up late for pre-season.

Goodwin has said he wants pace, said himself he made a career out of being fit and he wants players who will work hard. Unfortunately for Ramirez he's none of those things and that's why he's been dropped.

I like Goodwin but I have heard some worrying things that, further down the line could bite him in the arse.

6 minutes ago, minijc said:

Not in the squad for tonight, hopefully he can find a move to a club with a manger that treats him right.

Unless he's injured or there's a genuine reason he's not in the squad, then for his own good the sooner he's away the better. Go to a club who's manager has the ability and man management skills to get the best out of him.

12 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

He only scored in 3 league games out of 25 after October. 1 in December and 2 in February. So that's why I feel his scoring return took a massive downturn from October. 

You're right that strikers got through lean spells. I'm judging him on how he was for the vast majority of the season rather than a purple patch for 3 months at the start of the season.

Also agree that if Miovski delivers a goal every 2 or 3 games that will be good. The difference is he also offers far more than Ramirez.

However, I do understand why some fans rate him and it's fun to debate these things

5 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Such as?

Boy I know got speaking to McGeouch at the village gym in KW.

Ramirez had no idea his number was being taken off of him and he only found out when he walked in the changing room to see Miovski had the 9. 

Yeah, they are just numbers, but it's quite obviously an attempt by Goodwin to further alienate/ostracise him and get him off the wage bill. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, minijc said:

I like Goodwin but I have heard some worrying things that, further down the line could bite him in the arse.

Yep. A Baddwin. !!!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Unless he's injured or there's a genuine reason he's not in the squad, then for his own good the sooner he's away the better. Go to a club who's manager has the ability and man management skills to get the best out of him.

Good thinking Zero ,put a word in with the Pharos below the pyramids. 

6 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Has his wife actually said that?

His wife is bang in if she said that, Just walk around Aberdeen zero and have a look at the state of the glowing granite city buildings, and the once beautiful union terrace gardens, which the council have left the granite to be hidden by dirt, and the gardens to look like something out of a Harry Potter movie.