Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

41 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Firstly. Would you donate £500?

it’s a struggle enough for us to get 13k ST holders. Not seeing how we could get 10k folk to donate £500 each. Come on ffs

100k was the suggestion.

39 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

TECA site for me. Must be spare land out there.

AWPR up the road. Bus park n ride closeby.

Build a link to Dyce train station.

What about those that can’t enjoy the football without a pint in town first.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

You're making a joke of it, but it's not far off 

You would like to think we could get 8m for miovski

Set aside 2m to reinvest, that's 6m towards a stadium

6 or 7 Miovskis is all we need

£8m worth of Euromillions tickets, guaranteed to win the rollover jackpot. Job done, and we keep the other 6 Miovskis.

20 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

“Planning permission was granted” means we can start building anytime if we want. The stadium can be built at the same time as the other conditions the council imposed

No, that's not how it works. You don't start building a stadium by saying to the council "yeh, we'll sort all the other stuff out, don't worry".

There are 36 conditions the club need to meet before they can even begin building the stadium at Kingsford.

18 hours ago, NEM said:

Yet that's exactly what has happened and will continue to happen until most if not all of us are in a box.

Pittodrie probably could stay open for another 25 years. However, already the capacity is being reduced and it'll only continue to be reduced, while costing us a fortune to maintain it.

17 hours ago, NEM said:

Just as anyone who thinks we are moving any time soon is a gullible moon rocket.  25 years they've been on about moving for now - how's the new build stadium coming along?

A new stadium isn't getting built any time soon, but that doesn't make staying at Pittodrie more likely.

Eventually something will have to give. Either a reduced capacity Pittodrie or a smaller new stadium. We're already being told it'll be 16,000. Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if we build a new stadium with only two stands, with a promise we'll complete it if and when we ever raise the rest.

15 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Wherever the new stadium ends up (Kingsford, Beach, existing site or AN Other site) the time for talking the talk needs to be over and Cormack and Co need to start walking the walk.

Don't even care if Cormack ultimately names the stadium after his grandchildren, just begin the process Dave min?

So what do you think Dave should do?

Pick some land at the beach that Aberdeen don't own or have planning to build on, magically conjure up £80m, and start getting it built?

11 hours ago, ERNIE said:

Where did Hibs and Hearts get the cash to renovate their stadiums?

Hibs entire stadium cost £20m, and started in 1994 and finished in 2010.

10 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

TECA site for me. Must be spare land out there.

AWPR up the road. Bus park n ride closeby.

Build a link to Dyce train station.

The council are still scratching their arses trying to work out how to link TECA to Dyce train stadium, so a new stadium there won't speed anything up.

What still puzzles me is why we went from a policy of developing pittodrie over time to an insistance we had to move.As examples making it the first all seater ground building the south stand in 1980 then the rds in 1993.

My memory and it could be wrong was something to do with clearing the debt with the sale of Pittodrie and then renting the new stadium.

The strange thing to me has always been that the insistance we had to move started only a few years after the completion of the rds which must have been part of a long term to redevelop Pittodrie.

14 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

What still puzzles me is why we went from a policy of developing pittodrie over time to an insistance we had to move.As examples making it the first all seater ground building the south stand in 1980 then the rds in 1993.

My memory and it could be wrong was something to do with clearing the debt with the sale of Pittodrie and then renting the new stadium.

The strange thing to me has always been that the insistance we had to move started only a few years after the completion of the rds which must have been part of a long term to redevelop Pittodrie.

🤔 It's almost like the chairman at the time was in construction. 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

The insistence to move was due to, at the time, the amount of money that could be raised by building high end housing on the site, now that this is lost moving isn't as attractive, however the stadium has now deteriorated more so will cost more to redevelop

1 hour ago, ERNIE said:

Three words

Stewart fucking Milne

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, ERNIE said:

Really bad management not buying the gasworks and the wood storage plant.

This would have let them rebuild the South stand and the Merkland.

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

Really bad management not buying the gasworks and the wood storage plant.

This would have let them rebuild the South stand and the Merkland.

Club weren’t in a financial position to do so! At that time we couldn’t even afford to pay the fire brigade call out charge when the toaster burnt the toast. 

Yesterday, the Calgary Flames NHL team in my city announced they were getting a new stadium to replace their 40 year old Saddledome stadium. The stadium will cost $1.2 billion. The City of Calgary bears the greatest financial burden in the new deal, committing $537.3 million in total. That’s 44 per cent of the total cost. The Flames will contribute $356 million, though they won’t be paying the full bill immediately.They’re paying $40 million upfront, followed by annual payments that will start at $17 million and increase by one per cent each year over 35 years. Finally, the provincial government’s portion of the deal totals $330 million.
What gets me about this deal is that the province and city are funding the vast majority of the expenditure. Why are our levels of government in Scotland so removed from this type of support so we can get a new state of the art stadium?

25 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Yesterday, the Calgary Flames NHL team in my city announced they were getting a new stadium to replace their 40 year old Saddledome stadium. The stadium will cost $1.2 billion. The City of Calgary bears the greatest financial burden in the new deal, committing $537.3 million in total. That’s 44 per cent of the total cost. The Flames will contribute $356 million, though they won’t be paying the full bill immediately.They’re paying $40 million upfront, followed by annual payments that will start at $17 million and increase by one per cent each year over 35 years. Finally, the provincial government’s portion of the deal totals $330 million.
What gets me about this deal is that the province and city are funding the vast majority of the expenditure. Why are our levels of government in Scotland so removed from this type of support so we can get a new state of the art stadium?

Well billions were found to spend on Hs2..only to cancell it..or some of it..cancelling the contracts alone is costing heaps..meanwhile oil has generated a colossal amount for the uk govt over the last 50 years..

3 hours ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Are they closing lots of local facilities at the same time?

4 minutes ago, dave_min said:

Are they closing lots of local facilities at the same time?

I get your thought pattern here. The city is the oil capital of Canada and has been going through some tough times so this new stadium is seen as a regeneration activity in the hope of building up a run down part of town. Hence, money being thrown at it by the province and city.

On 10/6/2023 at 5:11 PM, Crashnyploshnit said:

Oor local council couldn't run a piss up in a brewery. 

A track record that has greatly contributed to the demise of the city centre and the ongoing closure of various facilities ain't going to contribute to a football stadium any time soon. 

Our new stadium continues to be a pipe dream that disappears into the distance with each passing day.

• Upvote 1

I got 2 dildo’s for that but it’s absolutely true.

Nearly all the stadia in Scottish football are dated and shite.

Several clubs have been going on about building a new stadium or significant stadium upgrades for years but none of them manage it.

Theres no money and no vision in our game.

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
10 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

I'm certain, that if we really, really wanted to, we could do something with Pittodrie. Simply level the stands (inc RDS) and replace. It could be done in stages.

The 'footprint' is already there. The pitch is already there. Just build within the existing boundaries.

I'm sure this must have been put to the club at Q&As etc. What response was given (sorry, can't be arsed researching)?

They keep telling us Pittodrie is an absolute no-go. I find it hard to believe. If we hadn't squandered countless millions hiring and firing rubbish managers over the last 25 years and had achieved success commensurate with our size, we could have redeveloped the ground many years ago. Instead, we have a crumbling relic and are STILL talking about a new stadium, a quarter of a century after the Wig Wam Bam mooted the idea.

On 10/6/2023 at 6:20 PM, Helmet said:

Probably a better comparison would be to look at what financial help has been provided for other stadium builds in the UK over the last  20 years.

Im guessing it’s very unusual in the UK.

Did Wrexham not get a heap of cash for their new stand?

Edit: Just checked. Seems like they got £25M from the Welsh government.