Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

• 1 month later...

1 minute ago, slippers said:

I wonder how Dundee city council deal with their proposed stadium. Probably make a mockery of Aberdeen city. I also wonder how they are financing it when we are unable too. 

It’s a front for some American businessman to build some commercial / residential property in Dundee. The stadium will never be built.

No different to that lad Trump building in Balmedie. Both are at it.

13 minutes ago, slippers said:

I wonder how Dundee city council deal with their proposed stadium. Probably make a mockery of Aberdeen city. I also wonder how they are financing it when we are unable too. 

Any proposals which incorporates bowling alleys, multi screen cinemas, hotels etc and has the stadium as the anchor tenant, tends not to happen, in British football history.

Not sure why Dundee don’t just rebuild their main stand and they’d be 75% of the way there. The land is not exactly prime land, for housing (in fact, do Dundee FC even own the land/stadium) so they won’t be unlocking massive capital by selling Dens Park. The other stand where the Derry sit would be more of a challenge to replace, as the land behind slopes away but nothing that can’t be overcome.

26 minutes ago, slippers said:

On 12/6/2023 at 10:40 PM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Does 15 games in the EPL winning 1 and losing 12 really make you an EPL level manager?

SNP

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

If, and only if, Dundee are in a new stadium by 2025 there has to be serious questions posed to Cormack and Co about progress, or lack of progress, in our supposed new stadium.

The time for hot air is surely up.

Maybe if we had a little more hot air all our games might stop being called off.

Typical cooncil.

24 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

Just get a thing like St Mirrens or Livingstons stadium built but double it in size. 
basic but modern, and certainly nae the same construction costs as has been mentioned by the club. 

anything to bring us into at least the 20th century and avoid us playing in an asbestos ridden rotting venue.

No point in building something double the size of Livingston’s ground - we’d never fill it

By the time the club has the cash scraped together to put down a deposit on a new ground fitba will have gone VR anyway. 

A virtual reality 100,000 seater stadium, filled with actual fans logged in with their Meta Quests, supplemented by 85,000 NPC fans.

DLC could include the various mobs you can chin outside the stadium, with an actual Smell-O-Vision Add-on for fechtin' the Sevco and Celtic mobs. Enhanced Buckfast and B.O. Edition. 

It'll be terrific. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

By the time the club has the cash scraped together to put down a deposit on a new ground fitba will have gone VR anyway. 

A virtual reality 100,000 seater stadium, filled with actual fans logged in with their Meta Quests, supplemented by 85,000 NPC fans.

DLC could include the various mobs you can chin outside the stadium, with an actual Smell-O-Vision Add-on for fechtin' the Sevco and Celtic mobs. Enhanced Buckfast and B.O. Edition. 

It'll be terrific. 

spacer.png

Weird promo photo. 

"You can sit anywhere you want in the stadium."

Cool, let's go in the far corner so we can't see the other goals.

• Upvote 1

If only we had some sort of partnership with a football club with experience of building top quality modern sports facilities.

In fact, sarcasm aside, this is the one thing I’d actually trust Dave’s yank mates to deliver on- give the Atlanta boys on the board ownership of the stadium project and tell them we simply need a smaller version of the Atlanta venue. 

Oh and can they pay for half of it please?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

Just get a thing like St Mirrens or Livingstons stadium built but double it in size. 
basic but modern, and certainly nae the same construction costs as has been mentioned by the club. 

anything to bring us into at least the 20th century and avoid us playing in an asbestos ridden rotting venue.

If it takes as long as the A9 getting dualed you’re looking at the year 2036. If we’re all still here that is. 

6 minutes ago, Beechender said:

This has gone on far too long. Fair Enough covid fuked it up a bit .It's obviously about where the money is coming from to pay for it. Pittodrie is a shit hole. Stewart Milne has a lot to answer for he just passed the problem on to Dave Cormack.

It's the curve ball the ACC have thrown in , we should absolutely remain down at the beach but when was this first proposed ? seems like 2022 about 2 years more fucking about