Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

5 hours ago, Ke1t said:

By the time the club has the cash scraped together to put down a deposit on a new ground fitba will have gone VR anyway. 

A virtual reality 100,000 seater stadium, filled with actual fans logged in with their Meta Quests, supplemented by 85,000 NPC fans.

DLC could include the various mobs you can chin outside the stadium, with an actual Smell-O-Vision Add-on for fechtin' the Sevco and Celtic mobs. Enhanced Buckfast and B.O. Edition. 

It'll be terrific. 

spacer.png

That won't work in Glasgow. Munters will be throwing bottles of pish, broken glass and coins at their own screen and their homes will have blood on the carpet and smell of pish... oh wait...

5 hours ago, Ke1t said:

By the time the club has the cash scraped together to put down a deposit on a new ground fitba will have gone VR anyway. 

A virtual reality 100,000 seater stadium, filled with actual fans logged in with their Meta Quests, supplemented by 85,000 NPC fans.

DLC could include the various mobs you can chin outside the stadium, with an actual Smell-O-Vision Add-on for fechtin' the Sevco and Celtic mobs. Enhanced Buckfast and B.O. Edition. 

It'll be terrific. 

spacer.png

If only we had this when THIS happened...

Unbelievable to think we're still talking about this stadium. Like many of us, I still remember the solemn promise the Board made about "the fans will be fully consulted", before they reneged and, to this day, continue to state Pittodrie's redevelopment is a complete no-go. 🤔🙄

What I'd like to know, from those of you who are in the know, is whether the latter is actually true or not? Many have suggested we could corner off the South Stand and replace the roof, demolish and replace the Merkland Road stand with an RDS-style construct, as well as remove the Main Stand roof and bulk it up with additional, lucrative corporate facilities - voila! A reasonably well-balanced stadium fit for an aspiring Top 100 European club.  

It has to be said, since the Wig Wam Bam mooted a move when the paint was barely dry in the RDS, we've seen Hibs, Hearts and even Livingston all modernise, making us look like a laughing stock. 

14 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

If, and only if, Dundee are in a new stadium by 2025 there has to be serious questions posed to Cormack and Co about progress, or lack of progress, in our supposed new stadium.

The time for hot air is surely up.

What questions should Cormack have to answer?

He's at the whim of the council at the moment. Would you have preferred it if he just went ahead and built a stadium at Kingsford?

2 hours ago, Dunty said:

What questions should Cormack have to answer?

He's at the whim of the council at the moment. Would you have preferred it if he just went ahead and built a stadium at Kingsford?

What you on about? There’s no money for a new stadium at kingsford. The council aren’t blocking a new stadium at beach, they are just saying they won’t fund it. So it’s clear the issue is no funding to pay for it.

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, RUL said:

What you on about? There’s no money for a new stadium at kingsford. The council aren’t blocking a new stadium at beach, they are just saying they won’t fund it. So it’s clear the issue is no funding to pay for it.

It's a joint venture though, and there's currently no planning permission to build there, and it's also considerably more expensive to build at the beach.

The cheaper and easier option for Cormack would be to build at Kingsford. Personally I'm happy enough for him to take his time and explore the beach option.

There are some golden rules, which are, never trust the council,  in particular Aberdeen City Council and especially not Marie Boulton. 

Anyone who has spent 5 minutes in Aberdeen has these rules laser printed into their brains.  Unfortunately our chairman has been based in the USA soo long he has forgotten how things work in the North east.   Naive doesn't cover it.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Dunty said:

It's a joint venture though, and there's currently no planning permission to build there, and it's also considerably more expensive to build at the beach.

The cheaper and easier option for Cormack would be to build at Kingsford. Personally I'm happy enough for him to take his time and explore the beach option.

That's blatantly not the issue. He's trying to get them to pay for more of it than it would cost us to build at Kingsford.

I'm bored to death of it. Pie in the sky aims for what a new stadium should be like have cost us another decade in a terrible stadium with little revenue. Even the European games were shite this season, the place is beyond finished. 

Said it before but he's pulling the American move of forcing local authorities to pay for stadiums. It works over there because teams will threaten to move to another city so that someone can pay billions for a stadium. Never going to happen here.

A council can't throw millions at a stadium when they are closing libraries and swimming pools.

• Upvote 3
44 minutes ago, brownie said:

Said it before but he's pulling the American move of forcing local authorities to pay for stadiums. It works over there because teams will threaten to move to another city so that someone can pay billions for a stadium. Never going to happen here.

A council can't throw millions at a stadium when they are closing libraries and swimming pools.

Well they can and they should if it keeps the club in the city which they maintain is essential. Even if it’s 5-10% they should be putting something towards it or we should just go to kingsford. 

They really can't. They have huge budget issues and you have a millionaire sitting in Atlanta telling a local council that they should spend millions of tax payers money on a stadium that will be used 20 to 25 times a season.

If they could just go to Kingsford they'd have already done it. The club needs the city as much as the city needs them. More so actually.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, brownie said:

They really can't. They have huge budget issues and you have a millionaire sitting in Atlanta telling a local council that they should spend millions of tax payers money on a stadium that will be used 20 to 25 times a season.

If they could just go to Kingsford they'd have already done it. The club needs the city as much as the city needs them. More so actually.

The Council found money for TECA, Marischal college renovation. Marischal Square construction , Union terrace gardens vanity project and now the market construction, but not some money for a new stadium construction? I know where many Aberdeen residents would prefer some money to go to. 

4 minutes ago, brownie said:

All of which are used more than 20 to 25 times per season.

I'd love for Aberdeen to have a city council swimming in cash with many millions being thrown at a new stadium but it's not going to happen.

A new venue down the beach would be used every day of the week. Over the course of a year it would likely see more footfall than TECA if properly utilised. 

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Gooby1983 said:

The Council found money for TECA, Marischal college renovation. Marischal Square construction , Union terrace gardens vanity project and now the market construction, but not some money for a new stadium construction? I know where many Aberdeen residents would prefer some money to go to. 

Exactly this. Be a lot more use pittodrie then the gardens. 

1 hour ago, Gooby1983 said:

Schools, libraries, swimming pools, roads, etc? That’s my guess anyway.

11 hours ago, huncunts said:

That's blatantly not the issue. He's trying to get them to pay for more of it than it would cost us to build at Kingsford.

Yeh, because building at the beach is estimated to cost Aberdeen £20m more than at Kingsford. The council are hoping for a government hand out for the project, need the Aberdeen stadium to help make it a success, but dint want to give the club a penny.

Cormack is absolutely correct in digging his heels in.

11 hours ago, huncunts said:

I'm bored to death of it. Pie in the sky aims for what a new stadium should be like have cost us another decade in a terrible stadium with little revenue. Even the European games were shite this season, the place is beyond finished. 

Well I agree with you there.

• 2 weeks later...

Was always wary about buying a Stewart Milne house back in the day... felt like they might not be quite as sturdy as an older build. 

Just looking through recent reviews of their houses doesn't change my mind. 

Bit of a mixed bag, review-wise, but 2.2 stars doesn't fill me with confidence. 

My advice would be do not buy a Stewart…

My advice would be do not buy a Stewart Milne home
We have had a number of repairs issues unresolved including the vents in the loft not connected to outside- poor lazy work.

Appalling Build Quality

Appalling build quality. All the floors on the upper level of my apartment are horrendously uneven. I lifted some floor boards to find out why my floor wasn't level and was amazed to find unsafe and incredibly unprofessional building standards. I had a joiner come out to take a look and he said it was the worst joinery he'd seen in his entire 25 year career. Probably need to look into legal proceedings.

A great team -we have been impressed

We were really pleased with our purchase in haddington. I thought the site team led by John and Iain have been great throughout,

Excellent support from the Stewart Milne team

We bought a Stewart Milne new build on the Broughton Park development in September. As expected with a new build, we did have a few snags but what we have been very impressed with is the support provided by Alison and Paul in the Customer Relations team

Quality is non existent

Quality is non existent, safety, basic water testing and inspections before handover are non existent. Evasive customer care who deliberately ignore nearly every plea you make for them to fix substandard workmanship that is raised on your first remedial list.

DO NOT BUY A STEWART MILNE HOME!

No help, support, basically leave you in the dark. Terrible drainage, central heating not wired correctly after many complaints. Couldn’t find fault until I paid a professional to fix the problem.

Most of my doors don’t shut.

Most worrying, the toilet fittings to main drains are the wrong size and have been fitted with cheap fix to install, costing me dearly after a messy flood.

Cowboy company

I would give this company a rating of…

I would give this company a rating of zero if I could.

A great move and good support.

We’ve been in our new home for 16 months now. Yes, there were some cosmetic snags which have now nearly all been resolved.

• Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Was always wary about buying a Stewart Milne house back in the day... felt like they might not be quite as sturdy as an older build. 

We have had a number of repairs issues unresolved including the vents in the loft not connected to outside- poor lazy work.

Appalling Build Quality

Appalling build quality. All the floors on the upper level of my apartment are horrendously uneven. I lifted some floor boards to find out why my floor wasn't level and was amazed to find unsafe and incredibly unprofessional building standards. I had a joiner come out to take a look and he said it was the worst joinery he'd seen in his entire 25 year career. Probably need to look into legal proceedings.

We were really pleased with our purchase in haddington. I thought the site team led by John and Iain have been great throughout,

We bought a Stewart Milne new build on the Broughton Park development in September. As expected with a new build, we did have a few snags but what we have been very impressed with is the support provided by Alison and Paul in the Customer Relations team

Quality is non existent

Quality is non existent, safety, basic water testing and inspections before handover are non existent. Evasive customer care who deliberately ignore nearly every plea you make for them to fix substandard workmanship that is raised on your first remedial list.

No help, support, basically leave you in the dark. Terrible drainage, central heating not wired correctly after many complaints. Couldn’t find fault until I paid a professional to fix the problem.

Most worrying, the toilet fittings to main drains are the wrong size and have been fitted with cheap fix to install, costing me dearly after a messy flood.

Cowboy company

We’ve been in our new home for 16 months now. Yes, there were some cosmetic snags which have now nearly all been resolved.

Do some Aberdeen players still live in houses provided by the club via Milne?

14 minutes ago, G man said:

Do some Aberdeen players still live in houses provided by the club via Milne?

Back in the day, I recall Scott Severin getting a house down at Granholm as a signing on fee. Don’t think it was Stewart Milne hoose though, think they were Cala 

34 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Appalling Build Quality

Quality is non existent

Cowboy company

I'd take that all with a pinch of salt. The type of folk that leave reviews online are the same type that post on here

• Haha 2
59 minutes ago, Russell said:

I'd take that all with a pinch of salt. The type of folk that leave reviews online are the same type that post on here

I didn't leave an online review but many years ago I  bought a SMG flat, and I have hated that baldy yokel cunt with a passion that most folk would struggle to comprehend ever since.

I hope he loses everything,  scamming cunt.