Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

8 minutes ago, DukEnthusiast said:

Replicate the vertical stand at la bombonera - simple as.spacer.png

That looks like someone demolished part of the Colosseum and stuck a block of tenements in its place. 

I doubt we'll be moving to a new stadium in my lifetime.  I'd imagine we'll just continue on at Pittodrie with minimal cosmetic upgrades over the years.  

I think that ship sailed a good few years ago now with regards a new stadium or redeveloped Pittodrie ever happening - more testament to the utter hopelessness of the Milne era.

20 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Can we not just buy bits of old stadium or stands from other clubs when they build new ones? 

Kinda like a Frankenstein stadium. Cheap and very eco-friendly with all that recycling.

At some point 3d printing will scale up to stadiums, and squirty robots will build us a stadium for a couple of million. 

I forgot in this fiasco of a season that we don't even have a site to build a new stadium. Powers that be at AFC have let us down very badly this season. Sorry I feel no impetus to renew AberDNA or season ticket to this shambles of an organisation.

1 hour ago, davierobb said:

I forgot in this fiasco of a season that we don't even have a site to build a new stadium. Powers that be at AFC have let us down very badly this season. Sorry I feel no impetus to renew AberDNA or season ticket to this shambles of an organisation.

Yes we do

7 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

It was obvious from day one that's what they were up to. They also said they wanted the stadium to be a community stadium rather than just a football stadium (whatever that means), and as time goes by and they continue to refuse to make any contributions it becomes more clear that the whole thing was just a delay tactic.

It would have been very interesting to see what decision Cormack would have made if we'd had the money to get going at Kingsford. Would we have spent so long being dicked about by ACC with the beach nonsense, or would we have just said fuck it were going to Kingsford...

I suspect if/when we are ever in a financial position to get going we'll see a change of mindset from ACC. Once the threat of AFC actually leaving the city centre becomes a real possibility rather than a pipedream they might start to shit themselves.

Actually embarrassing that the council are not willing to financially support something that will benefit the city until we "force their hand". Even then will they actually? Bunch of fucking pricks no wonder Aberdeen is a shithole. Even Dundee has had their city centre revamped.

15 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Just watching an Atlanta game and they have rebuilt their stadium stand at a time. Huns did it in the 80s too. 

Surely it is something that Aberdeen could also do?

Why should we build Atlanta another new stadium?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Just watching an Atlanta game and they have rebuilt their stadium stand at a time. Huns did it in the 80s too. 

I remember Blackpool having to "upgrade" their stadium before going into the prem however they managed to build two new stands over a summer and the first bit of the season in order to modernise it and bring it up to standard,  surely we could do something similar within a couple years it would be done.  Hate to say it but Hearts and Hibs are making money from their stadiums and other parts of the business linked to it. I read somewhere Dundee are looking to build a modern stadium too.  

5 minutes ago, englishred said:

I remember Blackpool having to "upgrade" their stadium before going into the prem however they managed to build two new stands over a summer and the first bit of the season in order to modernise it and bring it up to standard,  surely we could do something similar within a couple years it would be done.  Hate to say it but Hearts and Hibs are making money from their stadiums and other parts of the business linked to it. I read somewhere Dundee are looking to build a modern stadium too.  

Dundee are the same as us. Been prattling on about moving into a new ground for decades. Near camperdown zoo is their latest wheeze. Won't happen anytime soon. It's ridiculous that they and united don't groundshare. 

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, englishred said:

Do they not say getting promoted to the premiership guarantees the team like £250m in additional income?

Not the best comparison to our situation is it?

• Like 1
On 4/19/2024 at 5:00 PM, DandyWarhol said:

I doubt we'll be moving to a new stadium in my lifetime.  I'd imagine we'll just continue on at Pittodrie with minimal cosmetic upgrades over the years.  

I think that ship sailed a good few years ago now with regards a new stadium or redeveloped Pittodrie ever happening - more testament to the utter hopelessness of the Milne era.

I started going to Pittodrie in the mid 70's and we improved things bit by bit, putting the bench seats on the south terrace then the roof also same with the roof at the Merkland Road end.

Point I'm trying to make is we never had enough money as a club to do it all at once so did it bit by bit. So I don't really have any building knowledge and probably being a bit nieve but with us having the land at Kingsford why don't we just start slowly building there over a longer period of time adding a bit each time we can afford to. As the speed at which the costs are going up I like yourself can't imagine us ever having the funds to do it in one go. Then when it's say three stands done move over and sell Pittodrie  to help pay towards the remainder of the build.

Even if it took five to ten years surely it must be better than doing f all watching the costs sky rocket.

As I say I don't know the practicalities of building it piece by piece almost like a huge modular lego kit, probably crazy but though I'd mention it. Sure the tradesmen and builders on here will tell me lots of practical reasons why it's not possible.

28 minutes ago, Cambridge Red said:

I started going to Pittodrie in the mid 70's and we improved things bit by bit, putting the bench seats on the south terrace then the roof also same with the roof at the Merkland Road end.

Point I'm trying to make is we never had enough money as a club to do it all at once so did it bit by bit. So I don't really have any building knowledge and probably being a bit nieve but with us having the land at Kingsford why don't we just start slowly building there over a longer period of time adding a bit each time we can afford to. As the speed at which the costs are going up I like yourself can't imagine us ever having the funds to do it in one go. Then when it's say three stands done move over and sell Pittodrie  to help pay towards the remainder of the build.

Even if it took five to ten years surely it must be better than doing f all watching the costs sky rocket.

As I say I don't know the practicalities of building it piece by piece almost like a huge modular lego kit, probably crazy but though I'd mention it. Sure the tradesmen and builders on here will tell me lots of practical reasons why it's not possible.

We can call it Sagrada Familia!

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

In what is a crowded category, congratulations on being the thickest person on this forum.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, englishred said:

I remember Blackpool having to "upgrade" their stadium before going into the prem however they managed to build two new stands over a summer and the first bit of the season in order to modernise it and bring it up to standard,  surely we could do something similar within a couple years it would be done.   

Blackpool had to buy additional land in order to build it, so you've just fucked your own argument.

8 hours ago, ab24_5qh said:

South stand was converted over a closed season.....whilst these things are possible, I thought they needed the money from the sell of the Pittodrie land?

South stand had a cantilever roof put on in the summer of 1980, that was all, financed from the sale of Stevie Archibald.

Mental when you think the terracing upon which sits the main, south and Merkie stands are all untouched from the early 1900s. 

9 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Do they not say getting promoted to the premiership guarantees the team like £250m in additional income?

Not the best comparison to our situation is it?

Always makes me laugh that false claim! How many clubs have got promoted then relegated then suddenly start panicking about money. Blackpool have been a disaster since they “won” promotion to prem 

10 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Always makes me laugh that false claim! How many clubs have got promoted then relegated then suddenly start panicking about money. Blackpool have been a disaster since they “won” promotion to prem 

Deloitte reported that the victorious club could earn anywhere between £135m and £265m, depending on whether or not they could avoid immediate relegation from the Premier League.

Just because they made a pigs ear of their finances (overspending to try and stay in the league) and locked people into expensive contracts with inadequate clauses, doesn't mean they didn't get a shit load of extra cash.

8 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Deloitte reported that the victorious club could earn anywhere between £135m and £265m, depending on whether or not they could avoid immediate relegation from the Premier League.

Just because they made a pigs ear of their finances (overspending to try and stay in the league) and locked people into expensive contracts with inadequate clauses, doesn't mean they didn't get a shit load of extra cash.

“Could earn” is the clue 

20 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

“Could earn” is the clue 

"anywhere between".....

So minimum of £135m, up to £265m.

Even if the range was £35m to £65m it would still put them on an entirely different planet to us when it comes to finances for stadium construction...

10 hours ago, englishred said:

Hearts spent £20 million on one stand 4 years ago when construction prices weren't as expensive. We'd no doubt be looking at around £100 million now to renovate Pittodrie into a soulless identikit lego stadium that would likely be a significantly lower capacity stadium than it is now. Renovating Pittodrie will never be an option.

• Upvote 4