Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

20 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Why? His personal fortune will not be affected.

He’s put 200 folk on the dole, however. 

They'll get jobs elsewhere.

Scotia Homes have already advertised for joiners and roughcasters that have been laid off to approach them.

48 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

They'll get jobs elsewhere.

Scotia Homes have already advertised for joiners and roughcasters that have been laid off to approach them.

Those fuckers change jobs for an extra 50p/hour(equivalent) at the drop of a hat. It’s law of the jungle. The sooner construction starts offering proper terms and contracts, the better for everyone. Private snagging firms are the only beneficiaries of price work.

3 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Those fuckers change jobs for an extra 50p/hour(equivalent) at the drop of a hat. It’s law of the jungle. The sooner construction starts offering proper terms and contracts, the better for everyone. Private snagging firms are the only beneficiaries of price work.

Such disloyalty for a little extra cash would never happen in the O&G game.

2 hours ago, G man said:

What l have written is fact. Whether you agree with it or not that is up to you. Must have been a very strange bid if a bank allows the company to go bust rather than allow a sale that in itself is strange. Will be interesting to see the full facts of their debts. I know the company owe some suppliers  well over £150000. Hope they survive as comfortably as Milne will.

Happens all the time with banks. The virgin hotel in Glasgow closed after the company that owned it went bust. Virgin tried to buy the hotel, but the bank knocked back the bid.

31 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Happens all the time with banks. The virgin hotel in Glasgow closed after the company that owned it went bust. Virgin tried to buy the hotel, but the bank knocked back the bid.

Yep, was going to happen to clysdale bank in the eighties, last minute buy by an Australian consortium saved them after refusal by others, pity it  didnt save my super saver squirrel account.

bastards

50 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Can see Milne putting in a rescue bid and take it out of receivership to write off almost £200 million of debt.!!

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Yep, was going to happen to clysdale bank in the eighties, last minute buy by an Australian consortium saved them after refusal by others, pity it  didnt save my super saver squirrel account.

bastards

Super Squirrel was TSB I believe.

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

bastards

I think I got a camera for signing up with Clydesdale as a kid

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

In which case they were bought out by Lloyd's, not some Australian bank, which the Clydesdale was.

Apologies, misremembered the bank, squirrel account was class though, first bank card, made you feel like an adult before your time, loved it.thanks for the furthering info.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Apologies, misremembered the bank, squirrel account was class though, first bank card, made you feel like an adult before your time, loved it.thanks for the furthering info.

I don’t speak for everybody on here, but I won’t be accepting this apology.

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, dave_min said:

I don’t speak for everybody on here, but I won’t be accepting this apology.

It was heartfelt and honest, if your choosing not to accept this apology then this shows more about your character than mine, be the bigger man, you can do it, accept god damn it.

2 hours ago, RAZOR said:

Seen a photo earlier.

Milne took away with the bath and Dave the fence. What is happening to our once proud club..

The bath going was a calamity.

Fence going is good news. Videos of the crowd rushing the fence after a goal are cringeworthy as fuck anyway. Good riddance.

Bring back the bath.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2