David Bates

4 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Ach,  I’m actually quite disappointed in the way Goodwin has handled the departure of Bates.  He wasn’t good enough but freezing him out completely isn’t the right way to go about it.  Didn’t strike me as a trouble maker.  Wish him well.  

Who do we leave out for him? He’s not good enough and we were a basket case defensively last season. I wish him well too but think it’s for the best.

7 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Ach,  I’m actually quite disappointed in the way Goodwin has handled the departure of Bates.  He wasn’t good enough but freezing him out completely isn’t the right way to go about it.  Didn’t strike me as a trouble maker.  Wish him well.  

We're not a charity. He wasn't in the squad because he wasn't good enough to get in it. 

2 hours ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Frozen out? 

Was he made to train on his own or with the youth team or something I missed.

Wasn't good enough.

Not selected,told he can find a new club, which he has.

Not sure why there's any sympathy required or shade thrown at the manager.

Here - all this pish about poor wee Davey bates with the way Goodwin treated him - let's no forget McInneseses treatment of innocent young Miles Storey, slammed the door right in the cunts face with nowt but a minute or two to prove himself. 

Folk dinnae like each other sometimes - let's be thankful that on this occasion it's our terrific manager and a shit defender we've got rid of smoothly that's apparent ✌️

4 minutes ago, patrick bateman said:

Frozen out? 

Was he made to train on his own or with the youth team or something I missed.

Wasn't good enough.

Not selected,told he can find a new club, which he has.

Not sure why there's any sympathy required or shade thrown at the manager.

The manager can't win with some. 

If he'd picked Bates there would have been an uproar. 

If he leaves him out he's 'freezing him out'. 

I feel for Bates as his confidence seemed fragile from the start but he had a decent opportunity at Aberdeen and he just didn't cut it. 

Hopefully he enjoys himself a bit more at his new club. 

"Traditionally KV Mechelen was the club of the catholic elite in the city."

That'll be strange for him.

"2017 through 2019 proved to be a tumultuous period for the club. After eleven seasons at the highest level, the club was relegated on the last day of the 2017–18 season as a 2–0 win over Waasland-Beveren left them in last place on goal difference, due to Eupen beating Moeskroen by a bigger margin (4–0). During the following season, while the club was very successful on the pitch, winning both the 2018–19 Belgian First Division B and the 2018–19 Belgian Cup, the 2017–19 Belgian football fraud scandal emerged in which the club was accused of match-fixing their final match of the 2017–18 season, allegedly having attempted to bribe certain players and officials of Waasland-Beveren. In March 2019, the club was found guilty and forced to relegate back to the First Division B despite winning promotion, and also denied to take part in the 2019–20 Belgian Cup and 2019–20 UEFA Europa League, the latter for which they had qualified by winning the cup. The club appealed the decision at the Belgian Arbitration Court for Sports which ruled on 10 July 2019 that, in accordance with the rules set by the Royal Belgian Football Association, relegation was not a possible punishment in the circumstances. As a result, the club was punished with a one-season ban from European football and the Belgian Cup. The proceedings were plagued with controversy, with evidence (including witness statements) from an investigation into financial crimes in Belgian football not being made available during these disciplinary proceedings, as well as the impartiality of the prosecutor being called into question." 

That won't.

Hun cunt!