David Bates

2 hours ago, JakieBastard said:

Aye I thought the same. Fairly low bar in the case of Gallagher, but it's the first time I've seen him look like the player we thought we were signing

I can't mind Gallagher ever being that good anywhere else, he looked like he'd grown in confidence, even his passing wasn't shite.

• 4 months later...

Cosgrove had at least had a (statistically) decent 18 months which at least backed up somebody paying money for him.

Bar a little run for a month or 2, he has been garbage since the day he arrived. He was pish down in England previously as well. Can’t see why anybody would be wanting to pay money for him, but I’m not complaining.

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

Cosgrove had at least had a (statistically) decent 18 months which at least backed up somebody paying money for him.

Bar a little run for a month or 2, he has been garbage since the day he arrived. He was pish down in England previously as well. Can’t see why anybody would be wanting to pay money for him, but I’m not complaining.

Probably be happy with them covering his train fare down if we can get his wages off the books

15 hours ago, Roberto said:

I'm not saying that he would be in my starting 11 every week but in terms of cover for when Scales can't play against Celtic, I don't think he's a bad replacement. We have certainly had a lot worse over the years.

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance this season... look at Matty Kennedy for example.

The difference is Kennedy was brilliant for saints. Bad management and injuries kept him from performing as he should and we are now just seeing the player as he should be. Bates has always been garbage.