Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

21 minutes ago, minijc said:

If the process behind the scenes is in place and being done properly the club should already have an idea on who they want to take the job next.  Glass is on a 12month rolling contract, right now he's not done nowhere near enough to justify an extension so I'll guess that we have a new guy in place sooner rather than later, unless something changes and we go on a very good run until the end of the season.

Unless this is some sort of anomaly, a rolling contract in essence means a permanent contract with a 12 month notice period or pay off. There is no extensions.

11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nae like you to criticise Glass, mini 

I still think it's crazy how quick people over react but that last night was the worst it's been, go over our results and it's not like that was a blip.  I still think we need patience with him and how the club want to go now however we can't afford to have games like that last night on top of previous poor results.

Just now, minijc said:

I still think it's crazy how quick people over react but that last night was the worst it's been, go over our results and it's not like that was a blip.  I still think we need patience with him and how the club want to go now however we can't afford to have games like that last night on top of previous poor results.

So in fairness, what you thought was over reacting early on, was actually spot on, now that you have hindsight?

• Haha 1
Just now, minijc said:

Patience ?

FWIW I agree with you.

49 minutes ago, minijc said:

If the process behind the scenes is in place and being done properly the club should already have an idea on who they want to take the job next.  Glass is on a 12month rolling contract, right now he's not done nowhere near enough to justify an extension so I'll guess that we have a new guy in place sooner rather than later, unless something changes and we go on a very good run until the end of the season.

Now this is the one time I'm praying you have some sort of ITK.

10 minutes ago, minijc said:

No patience required he's quite clearly out of his depth. Time's up on Glass - should never have been appointed by his big mate but I can't blame him for taking the job. He was never the "right man" for the post. 

He's had all the "patience" in the world. He has to go.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be against the idea of giving Brown the player manager role until we find a new manager or until a stand out becomes available 

Considine could assist whilst in recovery (I believe he is doing his badges) could be a decent enough stopgap & cannot be any worse than the current joke shop set up.

Good chance to see if Brown has anything about him as manager & potential to work his way into job permanently 

Basically we should try just about anything to get rid of Glass. The guy is a lost cause. Championship/top flight yo-yo club is about the best level he could hope for (even that is questionable) & longer we keep him there is every chance he & Cormack could actually turn Aberdeen into such a club. Can easily happen (look at Hearts) 

8 hours ago, minijc said:

I'd love that to be true but i can't see us getting rid of him this season or next unfortunately unless we go on a horrendous run until the end of the season. The problem is the succession planning won't be happening as Davie boy will want him to succeed, Only fan pressure will force his hand into a knee jerk reaction with little resources having been put in to Glass replacement upto that point. 

Interesting to see that this thread is now on to page 80, the thread title is self explanatory as in what should "WE" do. The vast majority of fans know exactly what we should do and that is send him back to the states and back to the level he is currently at as it is very very clear he is well and truly out of his depth here and we need to change this sooner rather than later or we risk him turning into Mark McGhee take two and nobody wants that as Glass is a decent lad just not the right man to manage our team at this moment in time.
The bigger problem is Dave shiny teeth fcukin Cormack, he will never make the change as if he does that is him admitting he got it wrong and we all know that will never happen, as that man is on a mega ego trip, and it is his self ego that at the end of the day is going to ruin us unless he swallows his massive self pride and ego admit he got it wrong and set about putting it right. If he does that he will win over the vast majority of the doubters, if he continues with the current status quo then he is admitting he is a self centred slippery fish just full of his own importance, (plastic wanna be yank)

FFS cormack do the right thing before its too late (which it almost already is) 

13 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Need a hard cunt in the first team coaching staff. Glass, Russell, Apaloo are all dreeps. Brown would be better on the bench during some games imo. 

Not sure hard is the right word. Inspiring, maybe. If the chips are down and you're looking for a second wind, looking across to the touchline and seeing a bloke who could be your accountant is hardly inspiring. 

He's hardly Fergie or Stein or Guardiola... none of whom I would say were hard, but they're blokes you want to go the extra yard for.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Not sure hard is the right word. Inspiring, maybe. If the chips are down and you're looking for a second wind, looking across to the touchline and seeing a bloke who could be your accountant is hardly inspiring. 

He's hardly Fergie or Stein or Guardiola... none of whom I would say were hard, but they're blokes you want to go the extra yard for.

Guardiola in the same breath as Fergie.

Come awa

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Does it? Where in his past record do you draw this inspiration of any managerial prowess from?

He's a nice guy in the wrong job.

Too many knee jerk reactions  in fitba nowadays....Blackburn 0 Fulham 7,crowd going mad for Mowbary's head....Stuck by him 8 wins and draw after that thrashing now second in Championship. 

Southampton manager twice last season beaten 9-0 by Leicester  and Man Utd,now got them playing attractive stuff and other clubs after him.

Glass has got things wrong every manager does,but he's been here two minutes and a Novice,so I'll at least give him to end of season to see how it pans out.

The greatest of all of them our own Sir Alex,didn't  hit the ground running at Manchester and was nearly out the door before it all  came good.

Modern fans fickle as fuck.

25 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Too many knee jerk reactions  in fitba nowadays....Blackburn 0 Fulham 7,crowd going mad for Mowbary's head....Stuck by him 8 wins and draw after that thrashing now second in Championship. 

Southampton manager twice last season beaten 9-0 by Leicester  and Man Utd,now got them playing attractive stuff and other clubs after him.

Glass has got things wrong every manager does,but he's been here two minutes and a Novice,so I'll at least give him to end of season to see how it pans out.

The greatest of all of them our own Sir Alex,didn't  hit the ground running at Manchester and was nearly out the door before it all  came good.

Therein lies the problem.  The jobs probably too big for a novice

5 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

Interesting to see that this thread is now on to page 80, the thread title is self explanatory as in what should "WE" do. The vast majority of fans know exactly what we should do and that is send him back to the states and back to the level he is currently at as it is very very clear he is well and truly out of his depth here and we need to change this sooner rather than later or we risk him turning into Mark McGhee take two and nobody wants that as Glass is a decent lad just not the right man to manage our team at this moment in time.
The bigger problem is Dave shiny teeth fcukin Cormack, he will never make the change as if he does that is him admitting he got it wrong and we all know that will never happen, as that man is on a mega ego trip, and it is his self ego that at the end of the day is going to ruin us unless he swallows his massive self pride and ego admit he got it wrong and set about putting it right. If he does that he will win over the vast majority of the doubters, if he continues with the current status quo then he is admitting he is a self centred slippery fish just full of his own importance, (plastic wanna be yank)

FFS cormack do the right thing before its too late (which it almost already is) 

Cormack is definitely full of shit. I genuinely believe he has actually given up already. He obviously doesn’t have it in him to be a successful chairman. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Torry Tosser said:

Aye nae finished spending 100 million on players....Easy when you got the worlds top players waiting to come of the bench.

They’re all spending that kind of moolah and nae everyone is winning. Look at Jose mourinho - probably the best manager ever and recently can’t buy a trophy. The boy PG still has to get them over the line 

1 hour ago, Torry Tosser said:

I can’t see him turning it around but you’re right overall.