292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

When was the last time that happened? 
Social media is where folk do their moaning now.

Not sure I can even be arsed going to the games anymore.

The football is shite & boring. 

100% if Cormack retains Glass I’ll not waste money renewing. 

I think the writing is on the wall that he'll get another transfer window and pre season to rid ourselves of mcinnes' shite which of course is actually his own shite

Should have punted him after Dundee debacle.

Well, shouldn’t have ever appointed him but asides from this, that was the crossing the rubicon moment. 

Here we are months later playing the same boring shite football, still watching players like ojo masquerade as a pro footballer. Still unable to keep a clean sheet. Still watching our solitary striker clunk about week after week barely mustering a solitary swipe of the ball in the general direction of the net. 

Lose to Motherwell next week and we can write of the season, unless we manage to rouse some interest by getting embroiled in a relegation battle. 

To sum up, football is shit. 

I guess most on here subscribe to the Ebbe Skovdahl view of statistics in football but here goes.

Looking back over Aberdeen's entire history of league matches a theoretical average for a 38 game season would see us win 16 draw 9 and lose 13. To achieve that this season would require 8 wins 4 draws and just 3 further defeats from our remaining 15 games. That seems unlikely. Also in 23 games the expectation would be 37 goals scored and we are 10 short of that. The goals against expectation would be 30 and to be fair we are doing better than that which is strange given our commitment to attacking football.

The data suggests that this season has been a failure as does the level of entertainment value in most games. In my opinion we have a fairly decent core of players so the fault lies either in the tactics or in the failure to communicate the tactics to the players. In either case the responsibility lies with the manager and he should go.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You boys do know our recent form hasn't been that bad yeah?

Shite performances in a few games granted but some half decent ones as well.

The level of vitriol doesn't show some of you in a good light.

So we shouldn't expect better than some half decent performances? Glass needs to go now. It hasn't worked. Sadly i can't see Cormack admitting he got it wrong anytime soon.

I think maybe some folk, despite Glass having very little experience, expected (hoped) he’d come in and completely turn it around, and we’d suddenly become this amazing footballing side.

It was always going to take time to do, however, increasingly he appears not to be the man to be able to fulfil Dodgy Dave’s supposed football philosophy and direction he, and all of us, want the club to go in.

13 minutes ago, Roberto said:

What performances have you been impressed with this season?

This fluid attacking football that Aberdeen were promised. What games?

I've only been to 4 games a 3 of them were fucking horrific. I'm not much of a tactics tim anyway.

I just think that after years of moaning about shite football getting a new manager in, handing him a bunch of randoms, then expecting a transformation in under a year is a bitty unrealistic.

The results recently haven't been that bad, everybody just needs to chill out, take stock at the end of the season and see where we are.

He could be parading the Scottish Cup down Union Street.

48 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Of course and I'm not saying you shouldn't, I just don't think it's quite as bad as it's being made out to be.

Give yourself a good shake for Christ sake!

Loss to St Mirren was worse than anything I ever witnessed under McGhee. Players are clearly not playing for the manager given the recent performances.

A draw against Sevco where Aberdeen have historically raised their game masks sod all in my eyes. Glass is clearly incapable of delivering the exciting attacking football that he and Dave lied to the fans about delivering. 

For the first time in years we'll have absolutely no European football to look forward to courtesy of Glass. Like many have said previously my season ticket also won't be getting paid next season unless their is a change of manager. Cormack has a hell of a lot to answer for in delivering "the outstanding candidate". 

• Like 1

West Bromwich appointed a new manager before  the start of the season.

He apparently had a new method with a dynamic style of play

He started off quite well, but began to fade quite badly

The players didnt seem to adopt the new methods

They have an absentee owner/chairman.

They had a dismal set of results

The fans got very restless and disgruntled.

The manager got the sack

Any similarities ?

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

West Bromwich appointed a new manager before  the start of the season.

He apparently had a new method with a dynamic style of play

He started off quite well, but began to fade quite badly

The players didnt seem to adopt the new methods

They have an absentee owner/chairman.

They had a dismal set of results

The fans got very restless and disgruntled.

The manager got the sack

Any similarities ?

Very similar.…. But then they go & appoint a dinosaur like Steve Bruce.

Cormack’s ego is the only reason Glass is still here, surely?

The “data” that he bangs on about justifies a sacking. 

23 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I realise Ramirez is our only real striker, and our defence is a bit of a shambles, but did Glass not address this in the window by only signing three more midfielders?

I don’t blame Glass for the transfers.

I’m pretty sure he’d have asked for a striker.

That we didn’t get one is on Cormack & Gunn. 

I blame Glass for the team selections, formations, tactics. 

24 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ange at Celtic clearly doesn’t need a Head of Recruitment or a DoF. Does it all himself; the recruitment anyway.

Not sure why Data Dave thought he needed to rip up the structure at Aberdeen,  and implement a tiered system. Then to make matters worse, fuck it up completely, at every level.

If Glass was going to be given any chance at all,  surely should have let him have the latitude to do it his way; his players, his scouting system etc etc? Clearly that isn’t going to happen so the inevitable is just being delayed 

28 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We have a decent striker in Ramirez who doesnt get the service.

Who is to say that a new striker will be any different?

9 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

But at least there would be an alternative striker to provide no service to in the event something happens to Ramirez.

If he's out for any reason now, it will be Ruth that we provide no service to. 

26 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Ange at Celtic clearly doesn’t need a Head of Recruitment or a DoF. Does it all himself; the recruitment anyway.

Not sure why Data Dave thought he needed to rip up the structure at Aberdeen,  and implement a tiered system. Then to make matters worse, fuck it up completely, at every level.

If Glass was going to be given any chance at all,  surely should have let him have the latitude to do it his way; his players, his scouting system etc etc? Clearly that isn’t going to happen so the inevitable is just being delayed 

Glass would have little or no knowledge of any players in Europe though. 

Look at the cunt he made of the summer window, which was done with no Head of Recruitment. 

I don’t necessarily have an issue with the structure, more the personnel within it. 

22 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

How many times have we seen Ramirez with a one on one with the goalie? Never, would be the answer.
6 months in, we don’t even know how cool he would be in that situation 

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Glass would have little or no knowledge of any players in Europe though. 

Look at the cunt he made of the summer window, which was done with no Head of Recruitment. 

I don’t necessarily have an issue with the structure, more the personnel within it. 

I don’t believe there was no Head of recruitment in the summer. Mowbray was in the door in late July, still time to source a few good players.

I wonder what Stephen Glass actually thinks of Steven Gunn. He obviously has to work under him, but I wonder if he thinks his boss is very limited because he isn’t qualified for the job. Or are they best mates and just have too much of a great time together but end up with no actual work return in the process. 
I still maintain that any manager worth their salt would not work under Steven Gunn. The evidence of what we are producing on the football front backs that up. Glass was too desperate to get the job without realising the consequences. 

• Upvote 1