January 2022 transfer window

9 hours ago, redstrummer said:

One of the best highlight reels I've seen , this guy looks ace . Two footed , great range of passing , intelligent and powerful . Hope he's the real deal !!

Looks like a good eye & execution for a pass though it’s college soccer.

Could take him a while for his lanky legs to get up to the pace of Scottish football.

Could be a bit of a shock to the system ?

33 minutes ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

Any news on a striker signing? we definitely need a 1 or two

We needed 1 before the window and with Watkins rumoured to be out for the season then we probably need 2 like you say. Think 1 has to be a proven experienced striker and then i'd be happy enough if we took in another one like Polvara that we could develop. But we need somebody than can straight away come into the team. 

1 minute ago, AyrshireSheep said:

We needed 1 before the window and with Watkins rumoured to be out for the season then we probably need 2 like you say. Think 1 has to be a proven experienced striker and then i'd be happy enough if we took in another one like Polvara that we could develop. But we need somebody than can straight away come into the team. 

Aye and if Hedges is away that's 2/3 of our front three missing.   Samuels away as well, nae that he was any use but another attacker down. 

Surely we'll bring in a couple of attacking players? 

55 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye and if Hedges is away that's 2/3 of our front three missing.   Samuels away as well, nae that he was any use but another attacker down. 

Surely we'll bring in a couple of attacking players? 

I think it was the Scotsman that said any other transfer incomings would be in the forward areas. Certainly where it's needed. Would probably like another full back in all honesty especially if Ramsay is away. Don't fancy keeping Ojo there and as for Gurr? Hope Glass isn't thinking he's the answer. 

38 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

No it's the reality of a dreadful manager appointment and a useless link up with Atlanta to satisfy the chairman. 

Amateur league US players now. Unbelievable. And to think some moaned when we signed Steve Tosh!!! 

It’s virtually a risk free signing. A young emerging talent that we didn’t pay a substantial fee for. He also hasn’t kicked a ball yet, you fucking beaut. I’d wager you know nothing about US college football and what standard he is operating at. Double your dosage and have a sit down, ya lunatic. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 7
16 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

It’s virtually a risk free signing. A young emerging talent that we didn’t pay a substantial fee for. He also hasn’t kicked a ball yet, you fucking beaut. I’d wager you know nothing about US college football and what standard he is operating at. Double your dosage and have a sit down, ya lunatic. 

I'm sitting comfortably thanks. 

US College football - correct, that sums it up. 

Glass and Cormack what a future we have in store. My excitement can't be contained. 

10 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Negative? I call it realistic. This is a 21 year old who hasn't played a professional game. 

So when any youngster makes their debut e.g. Calvin Ramsay have they played any professional games? Or is this new guy instantly rubbish in your opinion as he plays in a league you know nothing about.

Alexei Lalas, Claudio Reyna, Tony Meola, Darlington Nagbe have all won the college player of the year in the USA. All of them went on to be full internationals.