• A. Rooney
  • J. Hayes
  • G. Shinnie
  • K McLean (maybe)
  • R. Christie? (we including loanees?)
  • J. Maddison? (as above)
  • M. Reynolds 
  • A. Considine 

Probably missing some, and this is just a off top of head list so can/will change, but anyone who doesn't think McGinn wouldn't make this list is a moron. 

Could probably add Barry Robson and possibly Pawlett if you're including Maddison and Christie but aye McGinn is top 3 for me alongside Hayes and Anderson.

12 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Best players of last 10 years?

• R. Anderson
  • N. McGinn
  • A. Rooney
  • J. Hayes
  • G. Shinnie
  • K McLean (maybe)
  • M. Reynolds 
  • A. Considine 

Probably missing some, and this is just a off top of head list so can/will change, but anyone who doesn't think McGinn wouldn't make this list is a moron. 

10 years? Not really relevant is it?

How would he fare since he came back from South Korea 3 1/2 years ago?

This year, he's featured in 8 games, averaging 28 minutes in those 8 games, providing one assist against Raith Rovers

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

This year, he's featured in 8 games, averaging 28 minutes in those 8 games, providing one assist against Raith Rovers

I'd say 10 years is pretty relevant considering the poster was responding to a previous post which included the following:

"However, to say he's only had 1 good season at the club is mental. Unless you're meaning since he came back from Korea. During his entire time at the club he's had several good / great seasons and overall is probably one of the best players we've had in the last 10 years."

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

Best players of last 10 years?

• R. Anderson
  • N. McGinn
  • A. Rooney
  • J. Hayes
  • G. Shinnie
  • K McLean (maybe)
  • M. Reynolds 
  • A. Considine 

Was Maddison good at the time? Other than THAT free kick? I seem to remember him being a bit poor although he was on the wing I suppose 

27 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Do you want us to believe you have been high school educated? 

Is this the United States of Scot Land?

Nae high school here.

Primary, Secondary, Apprenticeship, Open Uni. That was my path.

Ok, done here, Donna believe you know Glass not even if you did, that Glass would share this made up push with you “straight from his mouth”

50 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Is this the United States of Scot Land?

Nae high school here.

Primary, Secondary, Apprenticeship, Open Uni. That was my path.

Ok, done here, Donna believe you know Glass not even if you did, that Glass would share this made up push with you “straight from his mouth”

You can believe when Gurr is shown the door in January. It will be the best bit of education you have ever received. Next time I will charge but this gem is on the house.

9 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Haha, you’re a funny clown.

I wasn’t believed about the signing of Devlin. No one at the club spoke of Devlin but a major exclusive by my good self spilled the beans. 
I should have been a journalist but the pay was ridiculously bad. (It was nothing to do with the fact that MD is well known to me)

31 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I wasn’t believed about the signing of Devlin. No one at the club spoke of Devlin but a major exclusive by my good self spilled the beans. 
I should have been a journalist but the pay was ridiculously bad. (It was nothing to do with the fact that MD is well known to me)

You're "exclusives / ITK" has proven to be hit or miss. Even broken clocks are correct twice a day

12 hours ago, NEM said:

He was superb the problem being he was about 3 moves ahead of the rest of the team 

He was incredible at times. He looked absolutely miles above everyone on the park most games, but he did look like the kinda guy you get at 5s who is, just like Maddison, far better than everyone else, so he puts in the least amount of effort and just saunters around.  

17 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

It's in relation to someone saying that he wouldn't have McGinn in a list of the best players of the last 10 years. Then when challenged on it, he said "i couldn't name a list" ?‍♂️.

Even taking out the years from when he left, he's still been one of the best players we've had in the past 10 years. 

2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

It's in relation to someone saying that he wouldn't have McGinn in a list of the best players of the last 10 years. Then when challenged on it, he said "i couldn't name a list" ?‍♂️.

Even taking out the years from when he left, he's still been one of the best players we've had in the past 10 years. 

There are different ways of evaluating "best players of the last 10 years" I suppose.

You could base it on the best player we've had in a red jersey in terms of their ability as a footballer - on that basis you'd likely have to say Maddison

Or you could base it on the contribution players have made over the 10 year period - on that basis you might even have McGinn at the very top, given there's not many that have been around for more than a few years out of the last decade.

Or you could base it on a combination of both. Either way, I think McGinn is likely to be top 5 on most people's lists, never mind just top 10. 

Having said all that, I don't think he's contributing anything now - just stayed a season or two too long.