Hibernian 1 - 0 Aberdeen

11 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Maloney was my choice for our job, him assisted by an experienced assistant.

You know Fuck all about anything 

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Maloney with 47 Scottish caps and having been assistant manager of Belgium for 3 years.

Caldwell with 55 caps, having won every domestic trophy in Scotland and also an FA Cup winners medal

Robbie Neilson...1 Scotland cap and one Scottish Cup medal in the cheating years. 

I know who I'd rather have as manager. And it isn't the guy that uses spunk as a brylcreem substitute

Okay penfold, because caps and medals as a player is always a great measure of how good a manager they are.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Maloney with 47 Scottish caps and having been assistant manager of Belgium for 3 years.

Caldwell with 55 caps, having won every domestic trophy in Scotland and also an FA Cup winners medal

Robbie Neilson...1 Scotland cap and one Scottish Cup medal in the cheating years. 

I know who I'd rather have as manager. And it isn't the guy that uses spunk as a brylcreem substitute

I don't rate Maloney, Caldwell or Neilson. Or Glass. 

Listened to the Stephen Glass interview on REDTV earlier. 

He comes across as a decent enough bloke, but he’s a bit delusional, saying if we’d got the points we’d deserved this season we’d be comfortably 3rd.

I must’ve been watching a different Dons team most of this season & he’s forgetting the luck hasn’t all been bad in the league.

As for Wednesday I’m hoping the man who I’d have liked to got the Dons job doesn’t get the better of the man who was always going to get it.

If Maloney hadn’t have arrived today I might’ve have fancied us to win, but his arrival could be shit timing for us & will give them a lift after the Cup Final. 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He comes across as a decent enough bloke, but he’s a bit delusional, saying if we’d got the points we’d deserved this season we’d be comfortably 3rd.

I must’ve been watching a different Dons team most of this season & he’s forgetting the luck hasn’t all been bad in the league.

As for Wednesday I’m hoping the man who I’d have liked to got the Dons job doesn’t get the better of the man who was always going to get it.

If Maloney hadn’t have arrived today I might’ve have fancied us to win, but his arrival could be shit timing for us & will give them a lift after the Cup Final. 

Exactly this

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I actually agree with Glass. We were incredibly unlucky not to win some of those games earlier this season. Confidence dropped etc as a result. I think we'll have a really strong second half to the season. I remain confident we can make Europe this season.

Also what credentials does Maloney have that makes folk think he'd be a better option than Glass. 

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I actually agree with Glass. We were incredibly unlucky not to win some of those games earlier this season. Confidence dropped etc as a result. I think we'll have a really strong second half to the season. I remain confident we can make Europe this season.

Also what credentials does Maloney have that makes folk think he'd be a better option than Glass. 

What games in particular?

Those games where we had 66% possession but created diddley squat?

The flip side is:

Ross County home - keeper threw one in, 93rd minute. Draw instead of defeat.

Livi away- as above - win instead of draw. 

St Johnstone away. Blatant hand ball to get us two extra points.

Yes there’s been a couple we’ve been unlucky. 
St Mirren away when we were comfortable at 2-1 up.

Obviously the hun away game, that hun bastard Beaton screwed us 

But by & large, the two poor runs we had in the league we were shite - throwing them in at one end & creating fuck all at the other 

7 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The flip side is:

But by & large, the two poor runs we had in the league we were shite - throwing them in at one end & creating fuck all at the other 

Can’t argue with much of that.  There’s been a few games where there’s been mitigating circumstances eg the red card at St Mirren after an unjustified first yellow changed that game. And there’s a fair chance the result  at Tannadice would have been different if it weren’t for the disgraceful red card for Ojo.

But other than that and the huns at Ibrox  I’m struggling to think of any games where we could genuinely claim we were unlucky.  

Continually losing cheap, soft goals that the opposition don’t really have to work for isn’t unlucky.

7 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Be interesting to see where this goes, Maloney was someone a lot of posters were howling about to get the AFC job. That and Jack Ross and Callum Davidson lol.

Hibs have a better team than us I would say, looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Do they? Only player from them who’d get in our first 11 is Boyle imo

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

St Johnstone at home was a sickener and deserved more in the Ross County game.

Hearts away as well, they were on the ropes and if we won there could be no complaints from them

Motherwell home and away. Think the total over the 2 games was 45 attempts on goal for us versus 4 for them 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, NEM said:

Do they? Only player from them who’d get in our first 11 is Boyle imo

Yet they comfortably bet is to third last year?.

doig- would be better than our left backs

doyle Hayes is doing a job in the midfield for them

nesbitt is better than our forwards bar Ramirez in my opinion 

their keeper has been better than ours for at least a season.

Would say theirs not much between the sides just now

44 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Yet they comfortably bet is to third last year?.

doig- would be better than our left backs

doyle Hayes is doing a job in the midfield for them

nesbitt is better than our forwards bar Ramirez in my opinion 

their keeper has been better than ours for at least a season.

Would say theirs not much between the sides just now

That's last year before we signed Brown, Ramirez, Watkins etc and brought through Ramsay.

Doig I thought was a right back.  Not in Ramsays league hence me omitting him.  I'd maybe take him in front of Mcenzie but he's over rated imo

Who?  Not getting in ahead of Brown or Ferguson is he?

Nesbitt is shite.  Regardless we play one up front and there's no danger he's shifting Ramirez

Ha ha come on Lewis was shaky for a spell but back to his best now.  

50 minutes ago, redone said:

Even if those stats were true (which they’re not) that doesn’t equate to being unlucky.

Motherwell 2-0 Aberdeen: Graham Alexander's side with third-straight win to go fourth - BBC Sport

Aberdeen 0-2 Motherwell: Kevin Van Veen double takes Steelmen fifth - BBC Sport

38 shots versus 8 - wasn't far out.  We were the far better side in both games, let down by criminal defending

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, NEM said:

Motherwell home and away. Think the total over the 2 games was 45 attempts on goal for us versus 4 for them 

41 minutes ago, NEM said:

That's last year before we signed Brown, Ramirez, Watkins etc and brought through Ramsay.

Doig I thought was a right back.  Not in Ramsays league hence me omitting him.  I'd maybe take him in front of Mcenzie but he's over rated imo

Nesbitt is shite.  Regardless we play one up front and there's no danger he's shifting Ramirez

Ah, you’re a fan boy. It all makes sense now.

9 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The flip side is:

You can’t just pick the games that suit your argument ffs ?

Forget Dundee United where we had a player sent off for looking at the crowd. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, davieb said:

Is there a lot of skill involved in coaching some of the best players in the world?

No idea, strangely enough I've not had much experience of it. 

I've no doubt Atlanta B is more applicable than Belgium to managing Aberdeen, but surely you want your manager to have experience at as high a level as he can?

54 minutes ago, NEM said:

Motherwell 2-0 Aberdeen: Graham Alexander's side with third-straight win to go fourth - BBC Sport

Aberdeen 0-2 Motherwell: Kevin Van Veen double takes Steelmen fifth - BBC Sport

38 shots versus 8 - wasn't far out.  We were the far better side in both games, let down by criminal defending

Were you at those games? 

We were fucking shite at Fir Park. I left with 20 mins to go like a very shite fan but I was absolutely dismayed by what I was watching. We must have been ace in those last 20 mins.

Game at Pittodrie we dominated the first half then just didn't show up at all in the second half. Motherwell didn't need to be good second half cause we were so bad

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Doig is definitely a left back. Who has struggled to get in the Hibs side in recent weeks, being kept out by their geriatric alternative Louis Stevenson. There was talk of him being sold for £5million last season..........a hefty dose of reality has hit home in the intervening months.

16 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Were you at those games? 

We were fucking shite at Fir Park. I left with 20 mins to go like a very shite fan but I was absolutely dismayed by what I was watching. We must have been ace in those last 20 mins.

Game at Pittodrie we dominated the first half then just didn't show up at all in the second half. Motherwell didn't need to be good second half cause we were so bad

I was at the away game we were all over them without creating much clear cut chances.  Couple of diagonal balls over the top caught us out.  Like you I left at the second goal.

Home game I watched on my phone, would agree with your assessment but we were still the better side overall.  Motherwell were equally as shite second half.