Ukraine

Ke1t

8 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

1.) Comparing the US military and political elite that control nuclear weapons to that of NK, Iran, even Pakistan is nonsensical. 

2.) I don't think getting taken out in a few seconds max by a nuclear blast is worse than being starved and worked to death by the Japanese military, we can agree to disagree. 

3.) Certainly. 

4.) "but kidding on he woke up one day and went 'ken fit, think I'll invade Ukraine' as if the global political landscape and American/Western influence has no influence on that is just daft. It's a cartoonish understanding of the situation." 

I haven't said that in the slightest. Putin wants to keep Ukraine (and other ex-soviet states) in Russia's sphere of economic and political influence, he went about it the wrong way. 

America are cunts too I've never said they aren't. 

Anyway we can agree to disagree as you don't seem keen to answer any point I make head on and start into whatabouttery about America. 

Fair on. 

My only retort I couldn't leave would be to the first one, you trust America (again, the only nation to ever use a warhead in anger) over nations who haven't? I find that illogical. 

8 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Fair on. 

My only retort I couldn't leave would be to the first one, you trust America (again, the only nation to ever use a warhead in anger) over nations who haven't? I find that illogical. 

Fair enough. Despite there being a lot of fucking idiots and nutters in America in the scheme of things (imo) it has some fairly decent institutions, a free press, plenty of intelligent atheists, scientists, a multicultural population and some who politicians while probably greedy cunts don't seem like ideological bams. You never know so....

4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

You take the USA out of the equation... let's say some isolationist/compromised politician becomes President... and he says America will no longer involve itself in the business of protecting Europe, Taiwan, Israel, or any other chunk of real estate... what do you think happens next?

World Peace?

I mean, it would be pretty likely, given you've just take the biggest threat to world peace out of the equation, right?

Blaming Trump for wars on sleepy Joes watch? ?

5 hours ago, CCB III said:

The thing that irritates me about western politicians is that they are totally appalled at the thought of other nations gaining nuclear weaponry, but the only country to use a bomb like that in anger were the yanks. 

America, going by history, is the biggest threat to world peace today. 

You take the USA out of the equation... let's say some isolationist/compromised politician becomes President... and he says America will no longer involve itself in the business of protecting Europe, Taiwan, Israel, or any other chunk of real estate... what do you think happens next?

World Peace?

I mean, it would be pretty likely, given you've just take the biggest threat to world peace out of the equation, right?

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

World Peace?

I'm not naive enough to think that. 

My point is about how these things are framed and digested. I didn't for one second suggest that nations like China/Russia don't have their own imperial interests. 

America is often an aggressor, the idea that they stand for "freedom" or some shit is entirely laughable. The amount of folk who think they are the perma good guys is laughable, too. 

Your hypothetical scenario, in any case, will always be hypothetical, no American President who would seek to put an end to the war machine would see a day in power. It's literally how the nation functions. 

To be clear; 

Fuck the USA gov

Fuck the Chinese gov

Fuck the Russian gov 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Blaming Trump for wars on sleepy Joes watch? ?

'Blaming'?

I'm stating facts. Trump is an isolationist who has literally said he wouldn't honour Article 5. 

Did you not understand what was being said? 

Incidentally, I didn't give any names, I was simply offering a hypothetical situation. 

That you inferred Trump is quite revealing. 

15 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I'm not naive enough to think that. 

My point is about how these things are framed and digested. I didn't for one second suggest that nations like China/Russia don't have their own imperial interests. 

America is often an aggressor, the idea that they stand for "freedom" or some shit is entirely laughable. The amount of folk who think they are the perma good guys is laughable, too. 

Your hypothetical scenario, in any case, will always be hypothetical, no American President who would seek to put an end to the war machine would see a day in power. It's literally how the nation functions. 

To be clear; 

Fuck the USA gov

Fuck the Chinese gov

Fuck the Russian gov 

Put it this way, if you gave Andorra the military and economic power of the US they'd be acting like Imperial Britain or the United States straight away. 

Fuck human nature, should be the mantra. 

29 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

'Blaming'?

I'm stating facts. Trump is an isolationist who has literally said he wouldn't honour Article 5. 

Did you not understand what was being said? 

Incidentally, I didn't give any names, I was simply offering a hypothetical situation. 

That you inferred Trump is quite revealing. 

Was quite clear who you meant, the TDS was oozing out of the post. Suppose it was Trumps fault Russia annexed Crimea as well ?

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Was quite clear who you meant, the TDS was oozing out of the post.

*Suppose it was Trumps fault Russia annexed Crimea as well ?

'TDS'?

For a Briton you seem unusually invested in Far Right American buzzwords. 

* Do you actually want to discuss this like an adult, or are you simply trying to 'win points' using Strawmen? 

I'll indulge you if it's the former, but the discussion is over if it's the latter. 

30 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Put it this way, if you gave Andorra the military and economic power of the US they'd be acting like Imperial Britain or the United States straight away. 

Fuck human nature, should be the mantra. 

The ol' human nature. 

Didn't take long 

7 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

No, it didn't. 

Do you have a counterpoint, or should I assume you disagree but can't/won't verbalise why? 

Imo human nature is something trotted out constantly in conversations such as these. 

It's ideological nonsense we're all propagandised to believe from a very young age. 

Humans can be naturally violent, yes. Do I believe human default is violence? No. Human violence is normally reactive. 

We live in a system that rewards all different types of violence, but any time someone has a qualm with that or the results of that system it's poo pooed and the human nature cliche is trotted out. 

It's no surprise an Uber capitalist nation like America is the worlds biggest warmonger. It literally needs the sociopathic behaviour of its politicians to benefit its own economy. It gets rewarded by its own lack of conscience, the public of course, are OK with this, because the way things are right now are the most natural way of being, the way things are is simply down to human nature. 

We're ideologically married to systems that reward sociopathic behaviour. We see it every day. At work, on television, we hear about it all the time. 

8 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Imo human nature is something trotted out constantly in conversations such as these. 

It's ideological nonsense we're all propagandised to believe from a very young age. 

Humans can be naturally violent, yes. Do I believe human default is violence? No. Human violence is normally reactive. 

We live in a system that rewards all different types of violence, but any time someone has a qualm with that or the results of that system it's poo pooed and the human nature cliche is trotted out. 

It's no surprise an Uber capitalist nation like America is the worlds biggest warmonger. It literally needs the sociopathic behaviour of its politicians to benefit its own economy. It gets rewarded by its own lack of conscience, the public of course, are OK with this, because the way things are right now are the most natural way of being, the way things are is simply down to human nature. 

We're ideologically married to systems that reward sociopathic behaviour. We see it every day. At work, on television, we hear about it all the time. 

It must be exhausting being you Consi

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

I think we're in for a big shock as to how this is gonna play out (Ukarine that is not Consi and his incessant attempts to be Mr pragmatic nice guy).

It'll probably start with a cunt of a bang and go rapidly downhill from there.

I'm not attempting to be anything. 

This is how I am. I'd bore you all to tears in real life too. 

8 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Just the obsessive need not just to be right about everything but to be acknowledged to be right.

It's not just you on here that is like that BTW. At least you have a bit of humour and self deprication(sp) about you though.

I dunno if that's fair. 

This place is the ultimate time killer. I'm just giving some opinions. 

I don't have to be right, I'm going to suggest Ke1t will disagree with what I've said. That's cool. 

Edit; 

What I will say Moobzo is that I at least try and qualify or explain what I'm saying or try show where it comes from. 

You're quite bad for going "this is nonsense" with little explanation. 

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Can be! Maybe not for the reasons you think, tho. 

What makes you say that?

Just the obsessive need not just to be right about everything but to be acknowledged to be right.

It's not just you on here that is like that BTW. At least you have a bit of humour and self deprication(sp) about you though.

6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I'm not attempting to be anything. 

This is how I am. I'd bore you all to tears in real life too. 

You do manage that on here be assured?.

I have to now agree with yer earlier point tho.  I'm not a nice person.  No pretenses.  Just a pure cunt.  Thank you.

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Yeah maybe a bit harsh. You have a certainty that you are right though, even on massive geopolitical issues that I'm sure no one, even the main players, truly understand.

Like I say though you are far from alone in that.

I have an opinion. 

None of us know how that sausage is made, truly. It's only opinion.

You're surely seeing the irony here? Surely. 

9 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I dunno if that's fair. 

This place is the ultimate time killer. I'm just giving some opinions. 

I don't have to be right, I'm going to suggest Ke1t will disagree with what I've said. That's cool. 

Yeah maybe a bit harsh. You have a certainty that you are right though, even on massive geopolitical issues that I'm sure no one, even the main players, truly understand.

Like I say though you are far from alone in that.