Ukraine

Ke1t

6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Smarter people than you or I probably have solutions that don't require that. Problem is they won't appeal to a government trying to be staunch for their voters. 

Of course it requires that. They are obviously desperate to get here. We either let them in safely or they will jump in a dinghy. 

11 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

No one said they were going up more than inflation. Do you think if brexit hadn't happened, that gas and food prices wouldn't be rising due to the war in Ukraine? Do you think if Brexit hadn't happened and there was a larger number of workers compared to positions wages would be increasing as much? 

Ultimately do you think companies in a capitalist economy raise wages due to inflation or due to a higher demand for staff?

Answer to part 1.) Hypothetical so no way of knowing. But I'll give it a go, yeah, some inflation would've happened due to the sanctions imposed on Russia. COVID the main driving factor for inflation though, I thought. Regarding Brexit, it's not really possible to see the full impact yet due to the war in Ukraine as well as the 2 year pandemic. So, can't say for sure. Less workers doesn't always= higher wages. Normally means people doing more work for the same money. 

Answer to part 2.) It depends on the company and the industry, I'd have thought. Our wage rise has come about due to inflation, not because of a worker shortage. That would be different for hospitality, like you said. 

1 hour ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Mate of mine is talking to some Ukrainian bird off Tinder.

Living in Kyiv. 

He's convinced she's gonna come over and marry him.

Sending her money and all sorts.

Gluepot. 

Who minds this?   Sneaky fucking Russians @Don Fonte

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57358241

Fuck me, she laid it on a bit thick... surely ALL the alarm bells were going off while a hundred screaming monkeys waved big red flags and ran in little circles with their heads on fire when he read shite like this... 

""You gave me a real fairy tale. And thanks so much for that… I believe in YOU. Just you can give me this happiness. I love you," one message she sent James says."

Anyone holding onto reality even by the narrowest of narrow margins would read that and go, "Oh for fuck's sake, it's a scam. Oh well, a wank, I think."

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Ukrainian women though innit. 

Fiiiiine ass bitches.

For white women.

You'd believe and do anything as long as you're getting some ass, which this fool wasn't.

- sex only after marriage my darling.

Dumb mufucka. ?

I recall in Moscow there would be just stunning women strolling around in what basically amounted to Hooker Workwear... I mean some of them may have been hookers, but surely they couldn't all have been hookers. My heid was like a fucking owl on Eccies, permanently spinning through 360 degrees just trying to get a bead on all of them.  In the subway I found myself drooling like Homer Simpson at one particular bird in a pelmet that barely covered her arse, high, high stiletto heels, and a crop top that had been stretched so dangerously over her tits that the fabric was close to surrendering.  This was about 8am on a weekday morning. 

Could you be fooled into thinking one of them really, really wanted to marry you if you were a fat bloke in his 50s from Stoke on Trent, who lives in a cooncil hoose with your ma, and has diabetes breath from all the fried food

The cock is the dumbest organ to be thinking with, and that's how they get you.

"Oh, you like zee mooshy pees and zee cheeps? I also like zee mooshy pees and zee cheeps! You gave me zee real fairy tale... just you can geev me zees happiness! Also, send more monees..."

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Fuck sake.

My buddy in a nutshell.  Lives on a dirt road up a mountain with his cat.   Pushing 50, doesn't exercise, gets a taxi to take him to the supermarket, has the face of Moe Sislack which he can't seem to ever shave properly, arms hairier than Robin Williams, sits at home smoking dope and listening to jazz all day and night.  Doesn't drink or go to bars.

I'm thinking, dude - sure you were maybe a shagger when you were younger but younger was a long fucking time ago.

So all you can say is - don't send her any more money and I'm 99% sure it's a scam, brother, and share the above article with him.

But that's some sweet white honey trap God cannot.   

My man may need punched in the mouth to clear his head. 

Good story. 

4 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

No one said they were going up more than inflation. 1a) Do you think if brexit hadn't happened, that gas and food prices wouldn't be rising due to the war in Ukraine?  1b) Do you think if Brexit hadn't happened and there was a larger number of workers compared to positions wages would be increasing as much? 

2. Ultimately do you think companies in a capitalist economy raise wages due to inflation or due to a higher demand for staff?

4 hours ago, CCB III said:

Answer to part 1a.) Hypothetical so no way of knowing. But I'll give it a go, yeah, some inflation would've happened due to the sanctions imposed on Russia. COVID the main driving factor for inflation though, I thought.

1b. Regarding Brexit, it's not really possible to see the full impact yet due to the war in Ukraine as well as the 2 year pandemic. So, can't say for sure. Less workers doesn't always= higher wages. Normally means people doing more work for the same money. 

Answer to part 2.) It depends on the company and the industry, I'd have thought. Our wage rise has come about due to inflation, not because of a worker shortage. That would be different for hospitality, like you said. 

1a. I don't think you have understood the question, food and energy prices have definitely been effected by the war in Ukraine, this is a fact. Cooking oil has went mental as Ukraine produces heaps of it. Russia supplies most of the EUs gas also. 

1b. Of course we can't see the full impact as we don't live in the future. We know for a fact we have received less skilled and unskilled working age immigrants due to Brexit. 

BOLD Please back this up with anything other than your imagination. 

2. I presume you have a contract that ties wages to inflation in that case, or possibly the company is increasing your wages as they don't want to lose you as it is hard to hire skilled staff in the current situation? Many industries have seen wage rises out with hospitality, retail, construction, etc etc etc. I've linked an article about a shortage in the banking industry that has lead to higher wages. 

https://www.economist.com/finance-and-economics/the-latest-industry-to-suffer-labour-shortages-investment-banking/21808714

"Yet the industry faces a talent squeeze. Bank bosses used the last earnings season of 2021 to gripe about the problem. Deutsche Bank’s Christian Sewing was “very concerned” about a war for talent; Goldman Sachs’s David Solomon said it caused “wage inflation everywhere”. "

6 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

1a. I don't think you have understood the question, food and energy prices have definitely been effected by the war in Ukraine, this is a fact. Cooking oil has went mental as Ukraine produces heaps of it. Russia supplies most of the EUs gas also. 

1b. Of course we can't see the full impact as we don't live in the future. We know for a fact we have received less skilled and unskilled working age immigrants due to Brexit. 

BOLD Please back this up with anything other than your imagination. 

2. I presume you have a contract that ties wages to inflation in that case, or possibly the company is increasing your wages as they don't want to lose you as it is hard to hire skilled staff in the current situation? Many industries have seen wage rises out with hospitality, retail, construction, etc etc etc. I've linked an article about a shortage in the banking industry that has lead to higher wages. 

https://www.economist.com/finance-and-economics/the-latest-industry-to-suffer-labour-shortages-investment-banking/21808714

"Yet the industry faces a talent squeeze. Bank bosses used the last earnings season of 2021 to gripe about the problem. Deutsche Bank’s Christian Sewing was “very concerned” about a war for talent; Goldman Sachs’s David Solomon said it caused “wage inflation everywhere”. "

Too late a response to get me to be arsed with this, dude. 

Take it easy ?

5 hours ago, CCB III said:

Overpopulation is an exaggeration designed to shift blamed to countries where larger families live. 

Europe, where large families aren't that common and birth rates have taken hits in recent years, omits far more carbon emissions than say somewhere like South America, where you might have larger countries. 

It's generally to do with the wealth of the nation, rather than the amount of people in it. 

It's a convenient story though. Especially for the Uber rich. 

Aye and your solution is to let them all move here where their carbon emissions will increase ?

The planet is way over populated which is a far bigger problem than “climate change” or “global warming” 

19 minutes ago, NEM said:

Aye and your solution is to let them all move here where their carbon emissions will increase ?

The planet is way over populated which is a far bigger problem than “climate change” or “global warming” 

The argument being presented was that both the things you put in quotations were being caused by over population. 

You really don't believe in climate change? 

Why would people be lying about it?

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

The argument being presented was that both the things you put in quotations were being caused by over population. 

Of course I believe in climate change, the earth has been heating up and cooling down for millennia 

46 minutes ago, NEM said:

Of course I believe in climate change, the earth has been heating up and cooling down for millennia 

Ah. You're one of those. 

No scientist worth their salt would argue the earth doesn't heat up and cool down periodically. 

Equally, no scientist worth their salt would say that the current acceleration of those changes caused by human technology and activity are an inevitability we'd be as well accepting. 

47 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Plenty of people lying about in Ukraine....fuck off ..also I've started reading your rants...in the tone of Gary O'Donoughe....The Beebs Washingtons finest......?....

No offence.?

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Misers Hill said:

Plenty of people lying about in Ukraine....fuck off ..also I've started reading your rants...in the tone of Gary O'Donoughe....The Beebs Washingtons finest......?....

No offence.

Not rants misers, just posts. 

Not offended.

I don't sound a thing like that cunt, though!