Connor Barron

Try to punt him in January if he's still not willing to properly discuss a new contract.

Asking price of £2M or so. Happy to run it to the summer if dont receive any bids near to that.

He'll still be worth over £500k in June 2024 so we dont need to give him away for peanuts

When he came into the side last season he was playing from a deeper role and seemed to be get around the pitch really well. His touch and his passing was good. He stood out amongst the garbage. That was how he played for the Scotland under 21s too and he did very well, which was where the interest from Celtic stemmed from. This season we have Ramadani deeper with Barron and Clarkson in front, so slightly different for him and his passing is most definitely more wayward at times. Until that gets sorted out and he's playing better I'm not sure how much demand there will be for him.  

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Rico1903 said:

When he came into the side last season he was playing from a deeper role and seemed to be get around the pitch really well. His touch and his passing was good. He stood out amongst the garbage. That was how he played for the Scotland under 21s too and he did very well, which was where the interest from Celtic stemmed from. This season we have Ramadani deeper with Barron and Clarkson in front, so slightly different for him and his passing is most definitely more wayward at times. Until that gets sorted out and he's playing better I'm not sure how much demand there will be for him.  

I think if we tried to punt him there would be plenty of demand for him. Just his performances for Scotland under 21s would have teams looking to get him but if we actively try to sell him we would get a lot less for him. 

Tbf it is a massive decision for such a young lad, stay and play on less money or move for the money and hope he gets some game time or just sits on a bench and then slides down the leagues. He will of course be hoping he’s the 0.5% bracket that light up the league and get and even bigger move! It’s then repeat of the same decision above 

The current formation won’t be helping him, or Clarkson for that matter.

Once we revert to a back 4, with McCrorie doing the box to box stuff, it will be either Barron or Clarkson alongside McCrorie and Ramadani.

I don’t see how you can then play both youngsters together but a 4-3-3 would get the best out of one of them.

3 hours ago, thurso said:

I think if we tried to punt him there would be plenty of demand for him. Just his performances for Scotland under 21s would have teams looking to get him but if we actively try to sell him we would get a lot less for him. 

Stating the obvious but demand will be determined by the value we place on him. Until then it’s just interest, which I’m sure there will be.  

38 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Stating the obvious but demand will be determined by the value we place on him. Until then it’s just interest, which I’m sure there will be.  

Well you said unless he gets his passing sorted and playing better there wouldn’t be much demand for him. I thought that was wrong even seemingly playing badly clubs will still be after him 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Once we revert to a back 4, with McCrorie doing the box to box stuff, it will be either Barron or Clarkson alongside McCrorie and Ramadani.

I don’t see how you can then play both youngsters together but a 4-3-3 would get the best out of one of them.

Nail on the head. 

Whether or not we return to a back 4 I think is still very much up for debate, even if we do sign this right back from Tranmere. But if we do, I reckon it's Clarkson that gets the nod over Barron in midfield.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

The obsession with McCrorie is baffling, he isn't good enough in any of the roles he plays, average at best.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Dildo 2
13 minutes ago, minijc said:

The obsession with McCrorie is baffling, he isn't good enough in any of the roles he plays, average at best.

Not sure where the term "obsession" is coming from? There's no other midfielder who can do the neccesary box to box job role, unless you can suggest somebody?

For me, the best midfield group, whether is a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, is Rama, McCrorie and Clarkson, and that's irrespective of Barron's current contract stand off.

54 minutes ago, thurso said:

Well you said unless he gets his passing sorted and playing better there wouldn’t be much demand for him. I thought that was wrong even seemingly playing badly clubs will still be after him 

Nope. You said there would be 'plenty of demand'. I said "until that gets sorted out and he's playing better I'm not sure how much demand there will be for him." i.e. I'm not sure if there will be a lot or not much. To date, there's been a few clubs linked which were those mentioned last season. Still be seen whether those clubs are still after him and willing to buy him once they know our valuation. Unless there's something you know that I don't?    

Guest milne_afc
25 minutes ago, minijc said:

23 minutes ago, NEM said:

Amen.  Not only is he complete shite he's a rancid hun cunt.

12 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Amen. Get rid of the cunt.

+3

He’s hun rubbish. The worst kind.

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Not sure where the term "obsession" is coming from? There's no other midfielder who can do the neccesary box to box job role, unless you can suggest somebody?

For me, the best midfield group, whether is a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, is Rama, McCrorie and Clarkson, and that's irrespective of Barron's current contract stand off.

I don't think we've played that well with that 3, I thought McCrorie had a lot of potential when he joined but he's gone backwards to the point I don't think he should be starting but the manager loves him and will shoehorn him in wherever he wants even if it weakens the side. 

17 minutes ago, minijc said:

I don't think we've played that well with that 3, I thought McCrorie had a lot of potential when he joined but he's gone backwards to the point I don't think he should be starting but the manager loves him and will shoehorn him in wherever he wants even if it weakens the side. 

Agree 100 percent.

2 hours ago, minijc said:

Agreed. Makes a complete mockery of himself with his claim that nobody is guaranteed a game & competition for every position. 
He should have included an ‘except Ross’ clause in that statement 

• Dildo 1
7 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

Nope. You said there would be 'plenty of demand'. I said "until that gets sorted out and he's playing better I'm not sure how much demand there will be for him." i.e. I'm not sure if there will be a lot or not much. To date, there's been a few clubs linked which were those mentioned last season. Still be seen whether those clubs are still after him and willing to buy him once they know our valuation. Unless there's something you know that I don't?    

I know he’s a very good player, think anyone should be able to see that. I’d probably rate him as good if not better than clarckson. He will probably have a better career than any of the other midfielders we have playing for us right now. 

3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Agreed. Makes a complete mockery of himself with his claim that nobody is guaranteed a game & competition for every position. 
He should have included an ‘except Ross’ clause in that statement 

There are a good few players in the team that have underperformed in games that should of been dropped but wernt not just mccrorie 

8 hours ago, minijc said:

Squad filler/benchwarmer, can play multiple positions but none to a high enough standard to be a starter. He should’ve been removed from the club after pissing off to watch that hun final

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, minijc said:

Even if you don't think McCrorie should start in central defence, in a 3 at the back or in central midfield he's clearly a better option at RB than Richardson. In my opinion with the current players we have at our disposal McCrorie gets in the starting XI regardless of what formation we play. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

Even if you don't think McCrorie should start in central defence, in a 3 at the back or in central midfield he's clearly a better option at RB than Richardson. In my opinion with the current players we have at our disposal McCrorie gets in the starting XI regardless of what formation we play. 

He is but it's not the answer, we should be looking to sign an established right back, ideally one that's experienced so Richardson could learn off of.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, minijc said:

He is but it's not the answer, we should be looking to sign an established right back, ideally one that's experienced so Richardson could learn off of.

Richardson is 22 so should have a good idea how to play the position, if he needs help the experienced players on the pitch should be helping him and talking him through games 

2 hours ago, minijc said:

See this is my issue and has been for years.  At what point did we decide - I know, lets start the season without two capable full backs (whether young with potential, or old and exoperienced) and see where it takes us.  When did we think that was a good idea?

• 2 weeks later...