Connor Barron

12 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

In what world did Goodwin think Clarkson was a defensive midfielder ?

Correct. Never is the lad a defensive midfielder when he has shown where his strengths lie already. However, once again we have yet another manager that is far more concerned with the opposition than the strengths of his own fucking team. 

To be fair, Clarkson was asked to do a job he was uncomfortable in doing as a consequence of his boss shiting it.

29 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Correct. Never is the lad a defensive midfielder when he has shown where his strengths lie already. However, once again we have yet another manager that is far more concerned with the opposition than the strengths of his own fucking team. 

Which should be a sackable offence. We used to have standards that wouldnt tolerate that kind of capitulation to either of the Glasgow tramps.

21 minutes ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Which should be a sackable offence. We used to have standards that wouldnt tolerate that kind of capitulation to either of the Glasgow tramps.

Absolutely bang on. We used to have managers and players alike that would not accept anything less than trying their damnedest to get a win against the algae.

No Aberdeen manager nor player should even contemplate anything less.

9 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Absolutely bang on. We used to have managers and players alike that would not accept anything less than trying their damnedest to get a win against the algae.

No Aberdeen manager nor player should even contemplate anything less.

Just shows you the decline in the strong mentality the club had before and the accept mediocrity at all costs of chancers like Milne. We are not fucking St Mirren though you would think so with the gutless bullshit at the club. Fucking sad.

2 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

If Barron leaves after 20 games, he’s just as bad as Wright and jack. Given nothing to the club yet, not willing to protect their entitlement to a decent transfer fee, not achieved anything at all before jumping ship. Pish attitude.

So he’s played about 6 decent games.

Obviously been got at by the agent filling his head with pound signs.

11 minutes ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Just shows you the decline in the strong mentality the club had before and the accept mediocrity at all costs of chancers like Milne. We are not fucking St Mirren though you would think so with the gutless bullshit at the club. Fucking sad.

It's incredibly sad that we can easily predict how we are going to set up at home against celtic nowadays before it even happens. Surprisingly, Saturday was no different whatsoever. 

The most feeble set of tactics that an Aberdeen team has been asked to deploy by their manager in my 44 years of breath.

• Upvote 1

While I believe he has potential, I've no idea why Barron was hyped by Dons fans in the first place. 

He's not a 10 goal a season midfielder....he's not even a 3 goal a season player....and he's not a physical, defensive midfielder. It seems to me that his job is to be 'neat and tidy'. 

A kind of slightly better Dean Campbell, if I'm being honest. 

I can only presume he was hyped up so much because we were desperate to see a diamond in the pile of turds that Glass left behind. 

• Upvote 3

Can blame the club for fucking up the contract situation there as well. As soon as he showed any sign of promise, we should’ve been extending his contract till at least 2026 and benching him if he failed to play ball. Waiting until the summer to open contract talks was not the right move as by that time he was already attracting interest.

20 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Can blame the club for fucking up the contract situation there as well. As soon as he showed any sign of promise, we should’ve been extending his contract till at least 2026 and benching him if he failed to play ball. Waiting until the summer to open contract talks was not the right move as by that time he was already attracting interest.

He’s contracted till summer 2024, this the correct time for club to see if he’s interested in a new contract. If by say May ( end of season) he’s not interested. We move him on if we get the offers and we plan for new recruit 

Barron wasn't any better or worse than the rest of the midfield on Saturday. The tactics didn't give the midfielders a chance to be fair to them. They were standing off sitting so deep they couldn't make tackles, and whenever they got the ball everything was so compacted in that area the only option was a punt forward. On the few occassions the likes of Barron or Ramadani tried to hold on to the ball in tight areas they ended up crowded out and losing it. 

I'm still not sure what his best position actually is - is he a sitting midfielder who gets the ball off the defenders and moves it around quickly like he did when he first broke into the team, or is he a box to box type, or would he actually be better further forward. At the moment I'm not sure he's really any of those 3 - he's usually just running around like a bit of a headless chicken.

2 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

This isn't on the club, especially when he's with that agency. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

This isn't on the club, especially when he's with that agency. 

I'd happily see him sold. Not because i don't think he could be a very good player. He could be. But we've been burned before with players running down contracts and going for fuck all. He's got 18 months left and if he's not signed the extension by now then cheerio. Let's get a replacement in. 

But a midfield 3 of Barron, Clarkson and Ramadani doesn't work. Not sure if Goodwin/Glass thought Barron would be the next Lewis Ferguson but he's an absolute mile away from that standard. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I'd happily see him sold. Not because i don't think he could be a very good player. He could be. But we've been burned before with players running down contracts and going for fuck all. He's got 18 months left and if he's not signed the extension by now then cheerio. Let's get a replacement in. 

But a midfield 3 of Barron, Clarkson and Ramadani doesn't work. Not sure if Goodwin/Glass thought Barron would be the next Lewis Ferguson but he's an absolute mile away from that standard. 

Would we be due about half a million in compensation at the end of his contract? If that’s the case unless we get a big offer in January stick the droopy faced wee turd in the youth team to rot for the next 18 months 

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

St mirren managed to beat Celtic

2 minutes ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Makes us look even more of a laughing stock after Saturday then.

Celtic did put out a very near second string 11 that day, for which Postecoglou copped pelters in the media.

Nevertheless St Mirren got the job done, really very comfortably. They can only beat what's put in front of them.