Connor Barron

58 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

This is over analysed.

Barron is a footballer.

From all evidence thus far, he's thick as camel shit jammed in the neck of a bottle.

None of that above will be in his consideration.

I'd take 100k for him right now. He's the most overrated cunt ever to pull on a Dons top.

Very harsh judgment. There could be a player there but we don’t know yet. Usual hype played a few good games , papers said Celtic looking at him, we started saying £1 million plus. In all honesty we could do with him signing a new 3 years deal and let’s see him over next 12/18 month and then get a real idea

On 12/23/2022 at 5:23 PM, Itsagoal said:

The more I think about Barron’s contract situation, the more I can empathize with Barron not signing a contract extension. As fans, we have had enough of Goodwin. So why would the players be any different. Although no doubt, he will be impressed with the signings of Duk and Miovski and the loan signing of Clarkson, he must surely be far from impressed by the other signings of the likes of Richardson and Morris. I would hope that as a player, he is perplexed by his manager’s baffling substitutions, his tactical naivety and his parking of the bus in the last two games. If I was in Barron’s position, I wouldn’t sign a contract extension and I hope that fans don’t get on his back if he doesn’t.

having said all of that at least Barron is getting a good amount of playing time, unlike Ryan Duncan, who must be sitting on the bench shaking his head and wondering “why the fuck is that abomination of a footballer, Morris, getting more game time than mr”. As above, if I was in Duncan’s position, I wouldn’t sign a contract extension either.

Barron doesn't like Goodwin. He won't sign as long as he's the manager. 

20 hours ago, Itsagoal said:

Muttonhumper, 

From all evidence thus far, he's thick as camel shit jammed in the neck of a bottle.”

I’m curious but what evidence are you talking about?

or maybe it’s me who is thick as camel shit because I can’t get the quote function to work today. 😀

From various RedTV interviews and his co-commentating on the odd match.

A real dope.

Oh yeah, and he's a footballer... 😆

Here's another one, nobody can look like that and be smart. It's impossible. 🧑‍🌾

To be fair to the lad, we’re not currently providing him with the midfield players around about him that would let him flourish. It’s unrealistic to expect him to come in and run the show, when he’s only played about 25 1st team games.

Once we sort out the right back and centre back positions in Jan, I hope there is money left in the kitty for another, more experienced,  centre mid, and I don’t mean a Polvara type punt either; somebody who’se been around the the block a few times and can pass on his experience to Barron

12 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Once we sort out the right back and centre back positions in Jan, I hope there is money left in the kitty for another, more experienced,  centre mid, and I don’t mean a Polvara type punt either; somebody who’se been around the the block a few times and can pass on his experience to Barron

Yes - we've got next to no options in midfield at the moment. If McCrorie is having to play in defence because we don't have enough defenders, we've really only got Ramadani, Barron, Clarkson and Polvara as 4 options to fill 3 midfield slots in the current formation. Polvara has been injured a fair bit and is totally inexperienced, as are Barron and Clarkson. Definitely need another experienced option.

• Thanks 1

Let’s be honest, he’s only a target because he thinks he’s better than the club when he’s not 

15 minutes ago, Roberto said:

So many other glaring problems in the team along with Barron. 

We love bashing local lads though. Ugh.

He hasn't come back from his injury well that's for sure but clearly a player there going by form before injury.

Willing to remain on the fence.

• Upvote 2
Guest milne_afc

It was clear before his injury he’d outgrow the Dons pretty quickly. If they’ve offered him less than they’re paying A Stewart you can understand his position.

4 hours ago, Roberto said:

So many other glaring problems in the team along with Barron. 

We love bashing local lads though. Ugh.

He hasn't come back from his injury well that's for sure but clearly a player there going by form before injury.

Willing to remain on the fence.

I think saying he was too busy to discuss a new  contract, before signing an adidas clothing contract, didn’t help perception that he’s got ideas above Aberdeen. As you say, he’s also unfortunately turned in a few duff performances.