Connor Barron

Guest milne_afc
Just now, zeroisgod76 said:

After recent games I think Campbell will have a better career than Barron and I can’t see Campbell playing at a higher level than Stevenage.

That’s hysterical drivel

3 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Apparently WBA and Stoke had scouts in the stand tonight,wonder if it's him they looking at.

Duk or Miovski surely?

He did come onto a game second half right enough but the 2 forwards are our biggest assets right now even if Miovski has been anonymous in the past 2 games

The more I think about Barron’s contract situation, the more I can empathize with Barron not signing a contract extension. As fans, we have had enough of Goodwin. So why would the players be any different. Although no doubt, he will be impressed with the signings of Duk and Miovski and the loan signing of Clarkson, he must surely be far from impressed by the other signings of the likes of Richardson and Morris. I would hope that as a player, he is perplexed by his manager’s baffling substitutions, his tactical naivety and his parking of the bus in the last two games. If I was in Barron’s position, I wouldn’t sign a contract extension and I hope that fans don’t get on his back if he doesn’t.

having said all of that at least Barron is getting a good amount of playing time, unlike Ryan Duncan, who must be sitting on the bench shaking his head and wondering “why the fuck is that abomination of a footballer, Morris, getting more game time than mr”. As above, if I was in Duncan’s position, I wouldn’t sign a contract extension either.

35 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

The more I think about Barron’s contract situation, the more I can empathize with Barron not signing a contract extension. As fans, we have had enough of Goodwin. So why would the players be any different. Although no doubt, he will be impressed with the signings of Duk and Miovski and the loan signing of Clarkson, he must surely be far from impressed by the other signings of the likes of Richardson and Morris. I would hope that as a player, he is perplexed by his manager’s baffling substitutions, his tactical naivety and his parking of the bus in the last two games. If I was in Barron’s position, I wouldn’t sign a contract extension and I hope that fans don’t get on his back if he doesn’t.

having said all of that at least Barron is getting a good amount of playing time, unlike Ryan Duncan, who must be sitting on the bench shaking his head and wondering “why the fuck is that abomination of a footballer, Morris, getting more game time than mr”. As above, if I was in Duncan’s position, I wouldn’t sign a contract extension either.

If you know you can earn a multiple of what we can afford, & play in a better league, why would you not take that opportunity?

I personally think it’s 6-12 months too soon for him to move, but contractually from the clubs perspective, January is the time to sell to get a decent fee.

If I was a young player I’d want to get out of Scotland too. 

Let’s face it, Scotland is a football backwater where only two teams “matter” to the authorities & the media. 

• Dildo 1
8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If you know you can earn a multiple of what we can afford, & play in a better league, why would you not take that opportunity?

I personally think it’s 6-12 months too soon for him to move, but contractually from the clubs perspective, January is the time to sell to get a decent fee.

If I was a young player I’d want to get out of Scotland too. 

Let’s face it, Scotland is a football backwater where only two teams “matter” to the authorities & the media. 

It's a no brainer for young Scottish players if a decent club puts in an acceptable offer and is going to double or treble your wages. You go down there and make an impact you get a bigger move, and even if you don't in a couple of seasons you come back to the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs having earned a load more for 2-3 years. 

There's no real incentive for them to stay here, particularly if you've got a manager who isn't going to improve you and who has no significant ambition for his team beyond qualifying for europe and getting to the latter rounds of domestic cups.

Foreign players are coming here as a stepping stone, so that's what talented youngsters coming through our own ranks are going to be thinking too.

42 minutes ago, slippers said:

Lead to believe the clubs resolve will be tested for a youngster in jan. 1 that hasn’t featured for first team yet but scored a shit tonne… however I’m not sure if said club is allowed to sign players now? 

But looking at the opportunity’s he’s been given he must be thinking he should go? 

Why not name both parties?

Bavidge and Derby, Reading or Hull?

12 hours ago, slippers said:

Southampton 

They are watching Lewis Pirie as well. Aberdeen won’t sell Bavidge unless it was a deal for millions.

As for Barron, he’s not going to sign a deal because he’s been told how much money he could make elsewhere. Club probably think he’s replaceable so it’ll suit all parties for him to move on.

15 hours ago, Itsagoal said:

The more I think about Barron’s contract situation, the more I can empathize with Barron not signing a contract extension. As fans, we have had enough of Goodwin. So why would the players be any different. Although no doubt, he will be impressed with the signings of Duk and Miovski and the loan signing of Clarkson, he must surely be far from impressed by the other signings of the likes of Richardson and Morris.

This is over analysed.

Barron is a footballer.

From all evidence thus far, he's thick as camel shit jammed in the neck of a bottle.

None of that above will be in his consideration.

I'd take 100k for him right now. He's the most overrated cunt ever to pull on a Dons top.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1