Dante Polvara

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Worked hard, kept the ball well when he got it, kept his position and shape well and thought he used his physique a bit more than usual. 

There’s definitely a player there, just needs learn quickly. 

See, I actually like him but he didn't stand out much last night, maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to him though.  He took that goal so well though, the touch just killed the ball then the finish, perfect.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

See, I actually like him but he didn't stand out much last night, maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to him though.  He took that goal so well though, the touch just killed the ball then the finish, perfect.

He had a few hard 50/50 challenges which looked tasty and was really surprised in him not pulling out of them.

Tell you who i never noticed much was McGrath but i was maybe a bit pissed to notice him

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I've posted many times that I don't think Polvara is up to it. He was decent last night though. He's still really poor tactically and out of possession but I felt, last night, he really worked and did make some decent defensive interventions. 

I still think he has loads to prove but last night he was okay. 

Needs some really good coaching to develop that tactical awareness imo.

51 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Beginning to think he might be a Paul Mason type. More supporting the strikers than defensive midfield. Then again I’m probably getting carried away from last night.

A very fair comparison. Paul Mason took a while to settle at Aberdeen and was subject to the standard derisory comments ("Fit the fuck are we buying a brickie's labourer for?", "He's shite", "I dinna like him", etc.) until such time he was a mainstay in our team 

He eventually won over the supporters with his graft, craft, and ability to score vital goals.

Dante Polvara is being subject to this also but he'll have the last laugh (like Mason) in the end as he is an asset to our club. He's a grafter, nae feart to stick the boot in, and possesses great vision to spot a pass.

We played backs to the wall for huge portions of the game, and were out of possession 78% of the time. 

What could any of our players do except stay focused, maintain their assigned roles, and take what few chances came our way? 

To single him out for, "Aye, he showed incredible skill and composure... something our actual forwards didn't do... got the ball on target and smashed it into the net, thus dragging us right back into the game... but what else did he do?" is a bit odd. 

He did what he was asked to do and he didn't let the team down.

Exactly like the rest of them. 

1 hour ago, NorthCarolinaDon said:

A friend of mine played soccer with Dante at Georgetown University and says the kids work ethic is off the charts. He has shown some flashes this season of what he can do and I think he will get better and better as the season goes along. Has the right mindset and that is always a good thing.

Stop it

The rest of your post is fine

8 hours ago, NorthCarolinaDon said:

Don't be so precious friend, you knew what I meant and that is what we call it over here😎

Ironically, the vast majority of MLS clubs have 'FC' in their names. Go figure.

• 4 weeks later...