Dante Polvara

2 hours ago, RUL said:

There appears to be a myth he’s improved because he wasn’t shite in pre season. But we’ve no midfielders and he’s been so abysmal in competitive games that he’s managed to play his way out the starting 11 and yet Cormack decides to give him a 3 year deal 😂

Summed up perfectly 👍

11 hours ago, Johnnyred1 said:

This deal shows everything that's wrong with this club. Abject failure in our decision making. Morris, Duncan and Polvara are no where near the players we need to be top 100, as Cormack wants.

Been that way for the last almost 30 years, 1994 onwards it really started under Ian Donald and Willie Miller paying and rewarding utter mediocrity with big fees and wages for wasters and journeymen. Woodthorpe/Inglis/Dodds/Kane/Hetherston etc

1 hour ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Been that way for the last almost 30 years, 1994 onwards it really started under Ian Donald and Willie Miller paying and rewarding utter mediocrity with big fees and wages for wasters and journeymen. Woodthorpe/Inglis/Dodds/Kane/Hetherston etc

Dodds was really good 

8 hours ago, Helmet said:

You think it would be Cormacks decision rather Robsons?

Yes, I do. 

The same as it was Cormack's decision to foist Gallagher, Hernandez and Ramirez on the club. 

It's clear to a blind man that Cormack sees himself as a cross between Chris Anderson and Alex Ferguson. He's desperate to become involved, and every piece of Yank dross that we sign has his shiny teeth all over it. 

Since the beginning of the season Cormack (and Robson, possibly under pressure) has been bigging Polvara up as a new signing....and then we start playing games and he's absolutely fucking shit. 

So shit in fact, that he gets hooked against Stirling Albion, and hasn't been seen since. 

He had his chance to impress in an open game against the Tims, but looked soft as shite and so off the pace it seemed he was towing a caravan from the 20th minute onwards. 

There's nothing there so far to suggest that he deserves an extended contract. Nothing. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Yes, I do. 

The same as it was Cormack's decision to foist Gallagher, Hernandez and Ramirez on the club. 

It's clear to a blind man that Cormack sees himself as a cross between Chris Anderson and Alex Ferguson. He's desperate to become involved, and every piece of Yank dross that we sign has his shiny teeth all over it. 

Since the beginning of the season Cormack (and Robson, possibly under pressure) has been bigging Polvara up as a new signing....and then we start playing games and he's absolutely fucking shit. 

So shit in fact, that he gets hooked against Stirling Albion, and hasn't been seen since. 

He had his chance to impress in an open game against the Tims, but looked soft as shite and so off the pace it seemed he was towing a caravan from the 20th minute onwards. 

There's nothing there so far to suggest that he deserves an extended contract. Nothing. 

Would be interesting if playing Polvara results in Cormack having to sack Robson . Shouldn't he sack himself or are we wrong in that this (unjustified at least on performances)contract extension is down to our esteemed Manager.

3 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Yes, I do. 

Any real evidence for this or are you ITK in some way?

Seems a pretty big leap to me.

The money for Hernandez wasn’t from Cormack it was the Atlanta investors I think.

Its also pretty logical to think that the arrival of Gallagher, Polvara and Ramirez are all part of that same Atlanta connection - but it’s not as simple as just blaming Cormack unless someone can categorically say he made all these decisions unilaterally and the board didn’t have any say in anything?

The yanks have their representation on the board too.

I suppose you could blame him for bringing in US investors and their money.

Polvara contract extension puts me neither up nor down really.

Gives a bit more consistency in the squad going into next summer and I guess Robson and Agnew see something in him they like.

Polvara probably gets a bit of grief because he’s been pushed to the fore by the failure to sign a quality midfielder and then when Rama left a second one. Not exactly his fault the club didn’t make this happen.

4 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Yes, I do. 

Jack Gurr as well 💕

13 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I actually don't mind him. 

He appears to be a bit of a scapegoat in truth when our problems lie far deeper.

I'm more concerned about tactics and players being confused, than Polvara signing a new deal.

The new deal hasn't put me up nor down.

You can be concerned about more than one thing at the same time. Tactics are awful and so is Polvara.

1 minute ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

You can be concerned about more than one thing at the same time. Tactics are awful and so is Polvara.

I'd be more concerned that Polvara has been our best midfielder in games thus far this season.

That is a concern, but Shinnie etc just seem to bypass the criticism for 'Polvara is shit' bla bla bla.

He isn't a concern for me. Much more is.

1 hour ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

How do we really judge when the team is in chaos and all the players look shit?

Maybe it’s passed you by but Shinnie and Clarkson have looked just as bad this season.

3 hours ago, Helmet said:

Any real evidence for this or are you ITK in some way?

Seems a pretty big leap to me.

The money for Hernandez wasn’t from Cormack it was the Atlanta investors I think.

Its also pretty logical to think that the arrival of Gallagher, Polvara and Ramirez are all part of that same Atlanta connection - but it’s not as simple as just blaming Cormack unless someone can categorically say he made all these decisions unilaterally and the board didn’t have any say in anything?

The yanks have their representation on the board too.

I suppose you could blame him for bringing in US investors and their money.

What do you mean by 'real evidence' ?

We'd never signed a Yank in our history and then Swiss Tony turns up and 4 of the useless fuckers darken our door. 

I would say that's 'real evidence'. 

Polvara may not have come from Atlanta, but there's no doubt at all that he's a 'Cormack project player', and that can be the only reason for awarding him a 3 year contract.

This much vaunted tie up with Atlanta United has brought the square root of fuck all to our club. Aside from the big friendly game against their under 18s last November of course. 

Polvara has looked decent enough in the games he's featured in this season, no better or worse than any of our other midfielders who are all more experienced than him. The truth is, our midfield seems to be getting bypassed anyway with the direct balls forward all the time, so it's hard to judge any of them. It feels like there's big gaps in the midfield at times but I think that's as much to do with the tactics as with the individuals. Games have been like basketball matches - direct ball forward to Miovski or Duk, midfielders charging forward to try and catch up with play... lose the ball and opposition counter, midfielders charging back to try and catch up with play... 

When we actually start trying to play through the midfield we might see a bit more of what Polvara can do. Seems like they're just told to try and get the ball in behind and down the channels as quickly as they can. That's fine sometimes, but we need to mix it up a bit - sure I read somewhere that our possession stats are lowest in the league so far. 

• Upvote 1