Dante Polvara

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What a performance

Not just the obvious sublime ball, the combative side too

Superb

Was very good.

Questions should be asked why he’s not ahead of Shinnie, who by & large, hasn’t been good. 
Caveat that by saying I think Robson is using Shinnie incorrectly. 
And caveat that by saying that’s on the club for not replacing Ramadani. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Was very good.

Questions should be asked why he’s not ahead of Shinnie, who by & large, hasn’t been good. 

He’s a better player on the ball and more physical than Shinnie. Shinnie should have been rested more in my opinion and Polvara is a rotation for him. 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Was very good.

If he plays like tonight and the other European games he will be better than ramadani so effectively his replacement 

• Upvote 1

Quickly turning into a really promising player.

Could tell from his first few performances there was a very tidy player in there, just needed time to get used to the step up in level from college ‘soccer’.

Him and Barron (if he hasn’t signed for the Huns) should both be ahead of Shinnie in the pecking order.

13 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Massive tonight. 

The growth of this guy as a player, from 'I've no idea what I'm supposed to be doing here' to 'I'm running the show against Eintracht Frankfurt in Europe' has been nothing short of brilliant. 

Winning balls and creating chances all night.

100% correct.

You don't just fluke performances like that. 

He's a starter now. No question. If you're going to play passes over the top fitba, particularly against bigger teams, you play this boy to facilitate it for you. 

15 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Massive tonight. 

The growth of this guy as a player, from 'I've no idea what I'm supposed to be doing here' to 'I'm running the show against Eintracht Frankfurt in Europe' has been nothing short of brilliant. 

Winning balls and creating chances all night.

Steady.

He was part of a midfield which could not string three passes together in a glorified friendly. Hardly 'running the show against Eintracht in Europe'.

He won a couple of tackles for the first time and put away a great pass for 2nd goal. Not exactly 'creating chances all night'.

When he runs the show against a Motherwell or Livingstone that will be massive.

• Dildo 2
1 minute ago, We Don't Need Eusabio said:

Steady.

He was part of a midfield which could not string three passes together in a glorified friendly. Hardly 'running the show against Eintracht in Europe'.

He won a couple of tackles for the first time and put away a great pass for 2nd goal. Not exactly 'creating chances all night'.

He is the new Zidane. He will go for millions and be in the USA national team within the next 2-3 seasons.

• Thanks 2

I really like Polvara.  I think he's the type of midfielder that sees things in slow motion, his vision and range of passing is excellent, but the crazy blood & thunder pace of the Scottish game has thus far stifled his development. Scottish football isn't kind to these types of player; midfield play in this country is all about desperately winning the ball back or getting it quickly up the field. But the Polvara types are the game changers in football. If he can become either box to box or be a Pirlo-esque deep-lying quarterback, he's got it made.  So I think he's terrific but I also agree with the comment from someone above; we want to see it in the domestic games too, if he gets the chance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
18 hours ago, beef_sister said:

Because Robson can't be seen to drop his favourites (Shinnie) We're a better team with Polvara & Barron in the team. See what happens Sunday but i'm pretty sure he'll be on the bench. Hope i'm wrong

Tbf Robson has been bumming him up since he got the job, contract extension as well.

3 hours ago, The Hulk said:

I really like Polvara.  I think he's the type of midfielder that sees things in slow motion, his vision and range of passing is excellent, but the crazy blood & thunder pace of the Scottish game has thus far stifled his development. Scottish football isn't kind to these types of player; midfield play in this country is all about desperately winning the ball back or getting it quickly up the field. But the Polvara types are the game changers in football. If he can become either box to box or be a Pirlo-esque deep-lying quarterback, he's got it made.  So I think he's terrific but I also agree with the comment from someone above; we want to see it in the domestic games too, if he gets the chance.

Sees things in slow motion

is that a collectors edition for the football cliche thread? 

wonderful!

3 hours ago, The Hulk said:

He would excel in the European leagues.

• Confused 1
10 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

He's definitely improved, and has become a useful member of the squad, but for me he still lacks a bit of pace and I still don't think he's as physical as he could be, given his size. 

The physical aspect is definitely improving, but I'm not sure he can do much about the lack of pace. 

He needs to learn positioning and game intelligence. Plenty of world class central midfielders to play the game who don’t have much pace. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, We Don't Need Eusabio said:

Steady.

He was our standout player, breaking up their midfield and creating a disproportionate number of chances or through balls. Even just repeated flick-ons from our aimless punts to the feet of our advanced player(s) were causing Frankfurt problems. 

Not having that he was just 'okay' last night. Barron and Ruby were 'okay'. Polvara was the guy who made the difference in the middle. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
5 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

He is the new Zidane. He will go for millions and be in the USA national team within the next 2-3 seasons.

I expect to see him play for the USMNT in the next couple of years, but right now there's serious competition in the middle for the national side. 

McKennie - Juventus 

Aaronson - Frankfurt

De La Torre - Celta Vigo

Musah - AC Milan

Reyna - Dortmund

Tillman - PSV

Pulisic - AC Milan

Cardosa - Internacional 

Adams - Bournemouth

Not to mention multiple capped players playing domestically who could cut it in the European leagues. 

2 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I expect to see him play for the USMNT in the next couple of years, but right now there's serious competition in the middle for the national side. 

McKennie - Juventus 

Aaronson - Frankfurt

De La Torre - Celta Vigo

Musah - AC Milan

Reyna - Dortmund

Tillman - PSV

Pulisic - AC Milan

Cardosa - Internacional 

Adams - Bournemouth

Not to mention multiple capped players playing domestically who could cut it in the European leagues. 

MacKennie is absolutely shite. Fat lazy cunt.