Dante Polvara

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He's got decent technical ability on one hand but then seems to always run into trouble when he holds onto the ball on the other. 

He's OK as a squad player but he's nowhere near the level we need as a regular starter in midfield for Aberdeen.  And he's not alone, our other central midfielders are lacking but all in different ways.  None of them would get into our 2015-2017 team and that's the level we need to be aiming for again. 

Central midfield needs completely revamped next season. 

That’s my take on it too. Probably the area of most need is centre mid, 2 new players required, replacements for Barron and the ailing Shinnie.

Polvara might develop over the next year or so, time will tell, hopefully with better midfielders around him, he will. 

16 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

That’s my take on it too. Probably the area of most need is centre mid, 2 new players required, replacements for Barron and the ailing Shinnie.

Polvara might develop over the next year or so, time will tell, hopefully with better midfielders around him, he will. 

Polvara, McGrath and Clarkson are all good quality players at SPL level for us to go into next season with, but will definitely need another couple in alongside them with a bit more muscle and bite. An energetic ball winner (Shinnie / Ramadani / McCrorie type) and a deep lying play maker (Barron / Jack / McLean type) would add some balance to the squad if Barron goes and Shinnie is less prominent next season.

Are there any quality midfielders coming through the youth ranks at the moment that we should look out for? I know Marshall and Lobban have been out on loan this season, but get the feeling neither of them are going to become regular first team starters... 

3 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

He played fine yesterday. Guess it's hard to tell that from watching a shite feed on a monitor or laptop.

If we're speaking about players who were really fucking poor yesterday, let me direct you to the Nicky Devlin thread where I'm sure some thoughts can be out down there.

Final ball is fucking pathetic constantly.