Dante Polvara

Just now, redcryptoknight said:

In a team where the older experienced players are struggling, where the manager has absolutely no clue what he's doing, any attack on Polvara seems like misdirected anger. He is way, way down the list of those culpable.

Do we just gloss over his inabilities because you think older experienced players are struggling? 

Don't get that logic. 

I can accept any player "struggling" but I don't accept someone refusing to put in a tackle and actively pull out of and shy away from a 50/50 ball. Totally unacceptable attitude. 

2 hours ago, redcryptoknight said:

In a team where the older experienced players are struggling, where the manager has absolutely no clue what he's doing, any attack on Polvara seems like misdirected anger. He is way, way down the list of those culpable.

I've had a go at him but it's only really in response to people claiming he's excellent. Agree, he's down the list of those culpable.

Out the regular players, Roos and Gartenmann are a lot worse than him. And although Clarkson is a very good player, he has been rotten all season and also deserves more blame than Polvara. Shinnie has also been crap of late.

Not many people claiming those players are excellent though, apart from a weird few who claim Roos is the best keeper in the league.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, Waycross Don said:

Yeah he has a touch of class about him.

Lets hope the new coaching team address his weaknesses as their is a proper player in there..

Pass to Mio at weekend was subline, need to see it more often though.

I remain a fan all said

That's a bit much. He played a ball into an acre of space with little pressure on him after Miovski had already started running that channel. Miovski made that goal through his brilliance, not many players even in the top leagues could score from there.

Clarkson's pass for the offside goal is an example of sublime. It wasn't an obvious pass, had to be pin point accurate and perfectly weighted.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

That's a bit much. He played a ball into an acre of space with little pressure on him after Miovski had already started running that channel. Miovski made that goal through his brilliance, not many players even in the top leagues could score from there.

Clarkson's pass for the offside goal is an example of sublime. It wasn't an obvious pass, had to be pin point accurate and perfectly weighted.

Agreed. Actually thought the best part of the goal from Dante's perspective was the touch he took to cut across the Celtic player to put himself into the position for the pass. The pass itself was unremarkable.

That said, the goal is all about Miovski. His best in an Aberdeen shirt for me (and he's scored a few nice ones) and probably the best I've seen from a striker at Aberdeen in a long time. I don't think anyone in the stadium had a clue whether he was going to go right or left when running at the defender, let alone the defender himself. Creates an inch of space and then the finish is sublime. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

Ramirez's midfield cousin. Heart of a mouse. Turns his back on every tackle. Not suited for football. 

Certainly has that modern American footballer vibe about him. Definitely not suited for Scottish football.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2024 at 12:05 AM, Daisy1903 said:

Ramirez's midfield cousin. Heart of a mouse. Turns his back on every tackle. Not suited for football. 

On 2/15/2024 at 11:34 AM, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Few assists this season but largely anonymous in most games.

On 2/15/2024 at 1:26 PM, bruceg1978 said:

He's pish.  Runs about looking busy to no effect.. 

7 hours ago, Millertime said:

Shit - get rid

All correct.

Nowhere near fit for purpose.

Fucking hell, what a squad full of absolute shite we have assembled.