Dante Polvara

Just now, Redtaz2 said:

Ok holding , central mids 

still have McGrath and clarkson for a bit of creativity 

I think Milne in particular looks promising and Polvara has had his moments but generally he looks a bit of a weakling, would be happy with both as squad players rather than regular starters.

If we have any intention of giving Thelin the tools to push for top 4 we need a combative, physical presence in the middle of the pitch and probably another defensive minded player in the Ramadani mould as a minimum.

2 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

Played well enough yesterday , he does however appear to have limited stamina for a young lad 

a midfield of Dante and Bacchus with Milne as backup looks ok to me 

Dante ahead of Milne - only if you're on crack cocaine 24/7. 

Also Baccus isn't the answer he's been a bit part player for St Mirren this season.

3 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

Played well enough yesterday , he does however appear to have limited stamina for a young lad 

You spelt Danny Armstrong, David Watson and Lyall Cameron wrong.

(And yes, Id like to think we'd aim higher, plus chuck in a new Lewis Ferguson coming through, jobs a good un)

Polvara had the chance to put down a marker big time yesterday, but like always he drifted in and out of the game. 

Didn't do anything terrible, didn't do anything great. For long parts of the game I thought it all just passed him by. 

It's really frustrating that he can't use his physical presence to boss the midfield, he just seems to shrink. 

I'd love to see Milne in there...he seems to have bulked up recently, and technically yesterday he was excellent. Never put a foot wrong. 

3 hours ago, VinegarStrokes said:

I think Milne in particular looks promising and Polvara has had his moments but generally he looks a bit of a weakling, would be happy with both as squad players rather than regular starters.

If we have any intention of giving Thelin the tools to push for top 4 we need a combative, physical presence in the middle of the pitch and probably another defensive minded player in the Ramadani mould as a minimum.

I said on another thread this window we need three CMs and a CB who look like they know how a swing a battle axe and rip a man's head off with his hands.  I'm not saying they need to be violent, just look like they are more than capable of it if required.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

You spelt Danny Armstrong, David Watson and Lyall Cameron wrong.

(And yes, Id like to think we'd aim higher, plus chuck in a new Lewis Ferguson coming through, jobs a good un)

Unfortunately I think all of those mentioned wouldn’t be in our scope for various reasons 

price 

wages 

Aberdeen fc current standing 

their agents will be touting them for the English championship or the edinburgh duo 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If the likes of MacKenzie, Polvara and Morris are starting games regularly next season then we'll have had a terrible summer window. 

Mackenzie isn’t anywhere near the same bracket as Morris, although Morris actually delivered a fine cross after getting a yard space past his man down the right. 
Polvara is just a bit too limited in what he can do in possession. 
MacKenzie is having a good season and improving. Excellent again yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

Polvara will do better alongside better midfielders. 

We desperately need to replace Barron and Shinnie, though.

They do fuck all. 

I think we'll see more of the old Clarkson next season.

• Dildo 2
1 hour ago, Schapenneuker said:

Polvara had the chance to put down a marker big time yesterday, but like always he drifted in and out of the game. 

Didn't do anything terrible, didn't do anything great. For long parts of the game I thought it all just passed him by. 

It's really frustrating that he can't use his physical presence to boss the midfield, he just seems to shrink. 

I'd love to see Milne in there...he seems to have bulked up recently, and technically yesterday he was excellent. Never put a foot wrong. 

Hard to argue with your assessment of Polvara.

It’s been asked on this page if Milne is the new Dean Campbell…..but staying on topic….is Polvara the new Gary McDonald ?

1 minute ago, davierobb said:

I have asked this before but could Milne become our holding midfielder? Strong, does not panic under pressure, passes well. Seems a sachem for him to only get game time when Devlin is injured( when he does not think like a full back )

Possibly. Worth a try. 

Hopefully we'll win the next couple of games so we can give more of the fringe and younger players a few games at the end of the season. 

43 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

They do fuck all. 

Do you honestly think that Barron did fuck all yesterday, min? 

5 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

Really? Was the worst performer in our starting 11.

He was the one that let Forrest run past him for the 2nd goal. He didn't even put a tackle in. And worst still once he was past him, he just gave up - which absolutely typifies his whole attitude.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If the likes of MacKenzie, Polvara and Morris are starting games regularly next season then we'll have had a terrible summer window. 

There’s a fair gap in ability between the first two and the last one.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Polvara was very good in the 1st half, as was the entire midfield, Barron in particular. Polvara and Clarkson tired in the second when Celtic dominated for 25 mins. Celtic have the best midfield in the country by miles and their possession based game must be exhausting to pressure for an entire game. The boss recognised that, made changes and we were excellent after that.

The first half in particular is very harsh to say the game passed Polvara by. He’s got more improving to do, probably needs to get fitter, but he’s a materially better player than he was last season.

personally, I think we should invest in him and continue to develop him.

• Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

They do fuck all. 

Barron was good yesterday. The fact you think Polvara is the best out the lot is purely down to his nationality which is fucking weird.

39 minutes ago, davierobb said:

I have asked this before but could Milne become our holding midfielder? Strong, does not panic under pressure, passes well. Seems a sachem for him to only get game time when Devlin is injured( when he does not think like a full back )

He was a centre midfielder until the fuckwit Goodwin thought he could be a centre half. 

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

They do fuck all. 

Your taking the piss ain’t you. Barron was good yesterday 

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

In what way is Milne being compared to Campbell? 

As the next white hope or the next local youngster for the boo boys to target? 

The next white hope. Be great if he actually makes it but been let down so many times with young players coming through. Ryan Duncan has been not much short of atrocious after a decent start.

• Dildo 1
Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

The next white hope. Be great if he actually makes it but been let down so many times with young players coming through. Ryan Duncan has been not much short of atrocious after a decent start.

The suggestion upthread to try him in a holding midfield role wasn't the worst idea. His height would also be handy in there. 

1 hour ago, davierobb said:

He is naturally a midfielder, attempted to convert him to a central defender now on to turning him into a right back.

40 minutes ago, thurso said:

Your taking the piss ain’t you. Barron was good yesterday 

The whole team was good yesterday, give or take. 

But Barron's been a passenger for months. 

He can fuck 0ff, though he pretty much already has. 

25 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I dont think id want to see Polvara as a guaranteed starter in July but I like him and certainly not chasing him out the door like half the squad

If he continues to improve the way he has after his return then no reason he can't command a starting spot. As it is he should be a solid squad player, covering for the Messi-like midfielders Thelin's going to bring in to replace Barron and Shinnie. 

• Upvote 1