What a performance

Not just the obvious sublime ball, the combative side too

Superb

On 1/26/2024 at 4:16 PM, Millertime said:

It was one bad game

He's been good more than bad

7 hours ago, Millertime said:

Shit - get rid

Millertime displaying classic Millertime traits. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

All correct.

Nowhere near fit for purpose.

Fucking hell, what a squad full of absolute shite we have assembled.

He actually runs from one player to the next and back again so many times getting nowhere near either of them. I think it's an attempt to look busy but just shows how inept he is.

Stick with one player, make sure he's not open for a pass, if he gets it then you're close enough to make a tackle

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. Shouldn't be starting games. Would be better starting with Phillips at least he's got a bit of bite about him

Phillips is pish as well.

At least Polvara can unlock a defence with a decent pass every once in a while.

There’s a good player in there but as has been said he’s a bit of a fairy which will always hold him back

Just now, Andy_123 said:

There’s a good player in there but as has been said he’s a bit of a fairy which will always hold him back

Aye but I think our lack of aggression in the team will lead to Phillips getting a shot 

17 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Hibs semi and maybe one in Europe? 

Think Polvara getting unfairly slated . He has had some really good moments this season but like everyone has been inconsistent. Thought he was unfairly subbed in the Motherwell game -that would knock anyones confidence.Didn’t help that he was then dropped for the Hibs game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
20 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Hibs semi and maybe one in Europe? 

According to Ernie McC. Dante has 5 assists this season ( for Miovski in semi, for Sokler v Frankfurt, for Devlin v Clyde and two more. His 2 goals were special - that one in Frankfurt, and a breakaway goal v PAOK after Miovski put him through.

3 hours ago, G man said:

Think Polvara getting unfairly slated . He has had some really good moments this season but like everyone has been inconsistent. Thought he was unfairly subbed in the Motherwell game -that would knock anyones confidence.Didn’t help that he was then dropped for the Hibs game.

i think he's a good player and can be an asset however for him to play we need bite in the players around him in midfield but he also needs to toughen up a little,  

8 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

"There's a good player in there"

When that's said about someone, you know there isn't actually 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, englishred said:

i think he's a good player and can be an asset however for him to play we need bite in the players around him in midfield but he also needs to toughen up a little,  

He's proven week after week that he's not suited to the Scottish game. Quite clearly needs replacing if we are to improve.

4 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Nobody has ever said that about Richardson.

I'm sure people on here have probably pointed to Morris pace as a potential asset, but I can't remember anyone suggesting he could actually be a good player.

Quite a lot of posts in December talking up Morris. Richardson, not so much, one or two and word for word quote "there's a player in there". Wasn't hard to find these. So yeah, folk on here have had terrible judgement on those two players.

Polvara is a good player and will go on to have a good career I think, but I don't think it'll be with us - he'd be more suited to playing in Italy, France, Germany or somewhere, where midfielders get the ball on the deck rather than have it sailing over their head with their main job trying to battle for second balls. That's not his type of game. He does however have the ability to forge a good career, unlike players such as Richardson and Morris who are basically just sprinters wearing football boots. If they could use their main attribute well and develop other aspects of their game they might have a chance, but it looks highly unlikely they ever will.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Polvara is a good player and will go on to have a good career I think, but I don't think it'll be with us - he'd be more suited to playing in Italy, France, Germany or somewhere, where midfielders get the ball on the deck rather than have it sailing over their head with their main job trying to battle for second balls. That's not his type of game. He does however have the ability to forge a good career, unlike players such as Richardson and Morris who are basically just sprinters wearing football boots. If they could use their main attribute well and develop other aspects of their game they might have a chance, but it looks highly unlikely they ever will.

Well he can get the ball on the deck at home but rarely does anything of note.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Played well enough yesterday , he does however appear to have limited stamina for a young lad 

a midfield of Dante and Bacchus with Milne as backup looks ok to me 

Think Milne will overtake Dante in game time

8 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Played well enough yesterday , he does however appear to have limited stamina for a young lad 

a midfield of Dante and Bacchus with Milne as backup looks ok to me 

If our central midfield options next season are limited to Polvara, Milne and Bacchus then we will finish bottom 6