Dante Polvara

3 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Polvara had the chance to put down a marker big time yesterday, but like always he drifted in and out of the game. 

Didn't do anything terrible, didn't do anything great. For long parts of the game I thought it all just passed him by. 

It's really frustrating that he can't use his physical presence to boss the midfield, he just seems to shrink. 

I'd love to see Milne in there...he seems to have bulked up recently, and technically yesterday he was excellent. Never put a foot wrong. 

Agree with everything except the Milne in there part.

2 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

Unfortunately I think all of those mentioned wouldn’t be in our scope for various reasons 

price 

wages 

Aberdeen fc current standing 

their agents will be touting them for the English championship or the edinburgh duo 

You honestly think we cannot compete with Hearts or Hibs for wages? Seriously, you have put that on a forum, do you honestly believe that?

For what it's worth I'm confident that Cameron can be had for less than £500k possibly for £400k. The key is for him to continue his development like Ferguson did. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Is Milne the new Dean Campbell then?

I would say that Polvara is closer to being the new Dean Campbell. 

Nobody really knew what Campbell was in there for. Wasn't a hard tackling midfielder, couldn't break defences open with a pass, couldn't beat players for pace, and wasn't a 10 goal a season midfielder. 

Polvara fits all these categories. He can't do just about anything. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

You honestly think we cannot compete with Hearts or Hibs for wages? Seriously, you have put that on a forum, do you honestly believe that?

For what it's worth I'm confident that Cameron can be had for less than £500k possibly for £400k. The key is for him to continue his development like Ferguson did. 

Never insinuated we couldn’t compete wages with them but location that’s a another issue but if you didn’t get that I should make myself clearer and yes I put it on a forum  for discussion 

it would be great to get the likes of cameron for £500k or under but we need to be realistic 

3 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Never insinuated we couldn’t compete wages with them but location that’s a another issue but if you didn’t get that I should make myself clearer and yes I put it on a forum  for discussion 

it would be great to get the likes of cameron for £500k or under but we need to be realistic 

Aye and we got Ferguson on compo because he was out of contract that summer.  Might not have got him if he still had another couple of years on his contract. 

Certainly wouldn't have got him for anywhere near the price we paid anyway. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, thurso said:

Your taking the piss ain’t you. Barron was good yesterday 

Spot on. I think a part of the reason he was good, was due to Shinnie not playing. He showed and took more responsibility and did it very well. 
his reaction at the 3rd Celtic goal, showed how much he cared. The loon was hardly able to walk by that point. 

7 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Barron was good yesterday. The fact you think Polvara is the best out the lot is purely down to his nationality which is fucking weird.

That would be fucking weird, but that is in fact not a fact, so you can relax. 

The three players I defended against what I felt was undue criticism were/are Polvara, Ruby, Vinnie. 

Three different nationalities. 

Polvara, I felt had a huge amount of potential based on his technical ability, not his nationality*. 

Ruby, I felt had a huge amount of potential based on his energy and commitment, not his nationality. 

Vinnie I felt had a huge amount of potential based on his technical ability and how well he did in a more central forward role rather than off on the wing, not his nationality. 

All three got way too much shit, particularly when their team mates, team mates more senior than them, were doing fuck all to step up and play a leading role. 

* Gurr and Gallacher were the same nationality, and I think I'm on record as saying they couldn't get to fuck fast enough. 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
7 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

Do you honestly think that Barron did fuck all yesterday, min? 

Barron was pretty good yesterday. 

He's done next to fuck all for the last few months, though, and that's my issue with him... not his performance yesterday (when he's putting himself in the shop window in a high profile match). 

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

He's done next to fuck all for the last few months, though, and that's my issue with him... not his performance yesterday (when he's putting himself in the shop window in a high profile match). 

What he showed yesterday, in the absence of Shinnie, was the ability to take responsibility and play that role. We pay Shinnie 7k a week (which I read on here) and he’s done. We should offer Barron a mannies contract to stay and invest in him. 
was our new contract offer for him not the best part of fuck all, hence the itchy feet? 

if he’s genuinely being touted for serie A, the loon can clearly play, which he showed yesterday. If we have/do offer him a sensible, rewarding new contract and he says no, then fair enough. Not sure we have offered something decent, but those itk may know better 

4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

That would be fucking weird, but that is in fact not a fact, so you can relax. 

The three players I defended against what I felt was undue criticism were/are Polvara, Ruby, Vinnie. 

Three different nationalities. 

Polvara, I felt had a huge amount of potential based on his technical ability, not his nationality*. 

Ruby, I felt had a huge amount of potential based on his energy and commitment, not his nationality. 

Vinnie I felt had a huge amount of potential based on his technical ability and how well he did in a more central forward role rather than off on the wing, not his nationality. 

All three got way too much shit, particularly when their team mates, team mates more senior than them, were doing fuck all to step up and play a leading role. 

* Gurr and Gallacher were the same nationality, and I think I'm on record as saying they couldn't get to fuck fast enough. 

Fair enough, however…

4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

That’s the same as Polvara then? He’s been poor in some of the league games he’s started against ‘less quality’ teams but raises his game against Frankfurt/Celtic?

Of course, this isn’t true for either. They are just both more suited to playing against better teams. Barron does put in effort but struggles against more physical teams, same as Polvara. Only issue with that is - Barron has a reason, his size. 

For what it’s worth I don’t think the 3 players you named got any worse treatment than any other players. Some like them and some don’t. I’d argue Vinnie gets preferential treatment from a lot of our support on Twitter etc.

12 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Fair enough, however…

That’s the same as Polvara then? He’s been poor in some of the league games he’s started against ‘less quality’ teams but raises his game against Frankfurt/Celtic?

Of course, this isn’t true for either. They are just both more suited to playing against better teams. Barron does put in effort but struggles against more physical teams, same as Polvara. Only issue with that is - Barron has a reason, his size. 

For what it’s worth I don’t think the 3 players you named got any worse treatment than any other players. Some like them and some don’t. I’d argue Vinnie gets preferential treatment from a lot of our support on Twitter etc.

We seem to have quite a few players in our squad that look good in big games, when football is more likely to be played, than against SPL shite, where it tends no to be.

14 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Fair enough, however…

Couldn't say, I'm banned off Twitter/X for that thing I mentioned earlier. 

But if I thought Polvara was shite I'd want him punted along with the rest of the US contingent, nationality regardless, but he's growing into a very decent midfielder. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1

Polvara is just too limited in possession to be a top player for us. His range of passing isn’t great and he can’t receive the ball in tight situations and work his way out of them. He has energy which he sometimes utilises but that ain’t enough. 
5/10 at the moment, which is an improvement on last season but has to up his game further.

Just now, Glass half full said:

Polvara is just too limited in possession to be a top player for us. His range of passing isn’t great and he can’t receive the ball in tight situations and work his way out of them. He has energy which he sometimes utilises but that ain’t enough. 
5/10 at the moment, which is an improvement on last season but has to up his game further. 
Milne looks a better prospect, barely put a foot wrong on Saturday. To think Goodwin wanted him as a centre half, what a waste. 

8 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

I’d describe him the total opposite of this.

Football, I suppose. 

24 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

I think I disagree with that quite a bit. 

Some of his passing and through ball play has been excellent, he's stronger in one on ones than he was, and is composed in tight situations.  He can also chip in with an effort or two when he gets the opportunity. 

Ironically, despite disagreeing with you, I agree he has to up his game. He's massively improved, but at the moment I'd rather see him as cover for better midfielders. 

The problem is we don't really have better central midfielders, and that needs to be addressed. Shinnie can go, Barron will go and i'm fine with that, Clarkson needs to rediscover the form that made us sign him. 

• Upvote 2
On 4/21/2024 at 8:52 PM, Russell said:

Agree with everything except the Milne in there part.

Milne did fantastically, considering he came off the bench cold and was straight away up against Forrest, who has scored not long before and was causing havoc. 

Milne seems to read the game well, I'd have him in the team for the rest of the season.

I have the opposite view. This is his first season getting some sustained game time. He has a good touch, good passing range, and he has started to use his physicality. It takes players time to settle but I think Polvara and McKenzie have really come on this season - they are twice the players they were last season. He retains possession well and rarely gives it away. He has a decent engine on him. And he bolsters the defence at set pieces. 

1 hour ago, G31DON said:

Milne did fantastically, considering he came off the bench cold and was straight away up against Forrest, who has scored not long before and was causing havoc. 

Milne seems to read the game well, I'd have him in the team for the rest of the season.

Aye but from what i've seen I don't think he's an improvement on what we've got in the middle of the park. Other than Phillips of course.

22 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Fair enough, however…

The boys and the whole team struggle against teams which are more defensive minded. Been our weakness this season against the low blocks and breaking teams down when there is no obvious pass to make. 

Against better teams they have more space and can play a bit better. Polvara is a decent player he just hides it well in some games. 

9 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I think I disagree with that quite a bit. 

Some of his passing and through ball play has been excellent, he's stronger in one on ones than he was, and is composed in tight situations.  He can also chip in with an effort or two when he gets the opportunity. 

Ironically, despite disagreeing with you, I agree he has to up his game. He's massively improved, but at the moment I'd rather see him as cover for better midfielders. 

The problem is we don't really have better central midfielders, and that needs to be addressed. Shinnie can go, Barron will go and i'm fine with that, Clarkson needs to rediscover the form that made us sign him. 

Disagree all you like but the biggest issue is Polvara is poor. He's not good enough, his ability, physical strength, reading of the game, all sadly lacking. 

Gary Macdonald got slated for less. 

• Dildo 3

I think polvara is coming along fine. He is still a young player. Genuine question have you ever seen him play live?

He has a very good range of passing and has developed a decent technique of rolling his opponent at times.

I don't think he has worked out how to use his size to his advantage but the fact he is a giant means he can surely improve on that.

We all know the squad needs to be addresed. We need quality but we need backups also and I think polvara is happy to be a backup for the moment as long as he gets the chance to improve. 

• Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, Turra red said:

I think polvara is coming along fine. He is still a young player. Genuine question have you ever seen him play live?

He has a very good range of passing and has developed a decent technique of rolling his opponent at times.

I don't think he has worked out how to use his size to his advantage but the fact he is a giant means he can surely improve on that.

We all know the squad needs to be addresed. We need quality but we need backups also and I think polvara is happy to be a backup for the moment as long as he gets the chance to improve. 

Technique at rolling players - also known as a one trick pony.

He's not young.

He is weak and won't learn now after 3 years. 

Passing is something all professional football players should have in their lockers. 

Players like Polvara need thanked for their efforts and moved on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1

I think people need to remember that Polvara only became a professional footballer at 21. He’s behind the curve in terms of development compared to others his age. 

In my opinion, if he improves over the next 12 months as much as he has over the last 12 months then he’ll be a good player. 

If he bulks up again over the summer and figures out how to use his size to his advantage I can see him becoming a goal threat for us like McTominay is for Scotland. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
5 hours ago, MMG said:

I think people need to remember that Polvara only became a professional footballer at 21. He’s behind the curve in terms of development compared to others his age. 

In my opinion, if he improves over the next 12 months as much as he has over the last 12 months then he’ll be a good player. 

If he bulks up again over the summer and figures out how to use his size to his advantage I can see him becoming a goal threat for us like McTominay is for Scotland. 

If doing some Iranian powerlifting there mmg. 

• Upvote 1

Why should we make do with so many inconsistant performers. We are where we are because there are individuals who have continually failed to take advantage of their opportunities. Surely, we want to aim higher with a better quality of player. Bottom six and yes, we are fighting to avoid a relegation play off and yet some want to keep giving the dross a second, third and multiple chances.