Vicente Besuijen

3 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

He must have been a huge arsehole to be frozen out. We were desperate for an attacking winger so for a manager not be playing him speaks volumes to his character.

Robson is an absolute fucking idiot though

• Upvote 2

To me Vinny comes across as a very affable guy. Admittedly you never know what goes on behind closed doors, but he doesn't come across as especially difficult to manage.

Robson just seemed to have his favourites and if you weren't one of them, it was off to Siberia with you.

As for Goodwin he strikes me as a man who could start an argument in an empty room.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

He must have been a huge arsehole to be frozen out. We were desperate for an attacking winger so for a manager not be playing him speaks volumes to his character.

Maybe speaks volumes for the character of said manager that he couldn't get a potentially valuable wide attacking player into the team when he desperately needed one. Maybe the manager was a huge arsehole and was not capable of managing this player.

One of the two is apparently doing ok now, the other not so.

8 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

I just don’t get this love in for him , I’ve never seen him play or even put in that level of effort for us 

a few absolute stinking performances too 

I'm caught between the feeling that he probably should've been given a chance this season (though who knows what went on behind the scenes), and the fact that he never looked like putting in a performance like that in the Premiership back when he was in our first team.

The Dutch second tier is below our league quality wise - see also Dylan Vente's struggles this season for Hibs.

1 hour ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Based on what?

Robsons good judgement and excellent record of man management?

Away you go.

49 minutes ago, DandyWarhol said:

I'm caught between the feeling that he probably should've been given a chance this season (though who knows what went on behind the scenes), and the fact that he never looked like putting in a performance like that in the Premiership back when he was in our first team.

The Dutch second tier is below our league quality wise - see also Dylan Vente's struggles this season for Hibs.

Robson said he was training well so it is weird. Had some howlers for us but who hasn’t. Scored a few decent goals. Strange one

I think he flattered to deceive but if you look at some of the options on our bench he could have had a role to play. 

There's absolutely no doubt he would have been a better option off the bench than Morris in a creative sense. If he only had Morris' pace then he'd be a proper threat. 

If ever there was a case of absence making the heart grow fonder , this is it.

Besuijen had plenty chances to prove himself before Robson was in charge of the first time and contributed very little .   The main thing I’ll remember him for is his diving. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, redone said:

Besuijen had plenty chances to prove himself before Robson was in charge of the first time and contributed very little .   The main thing I’ll remember him for is his diving. 

I think that's true.

However, he's comfortably a better player and would make more of an impact than Morris or Gueye.

19 minutes ago, redone said:

His data was as good if not better than anyone else in the side up until he dropped right out of the side under Goodwin, pretty sure it was only Clarkson who had better numbers.

9 minutes ago, minijc said:

His data was as good if not better than anyone else in the side up until he dropped right out of the side under Goodwin, pretty sure it was only Clarkson who had better numbers.

It is strange he dropped so completely out of things. Not good for the player or the club especially considering we had made a significant financial outlay. 

1 hour ago, shooftahmooftah said:

His face didn’t fit with someone at pittodrie i wonder who it could have been or who it is. ????????????.  

Craig Brown still pulling the strings from beyond. Ratio was too high.

• 2 months later...