Vicente Besuijen

It's hilarious seeing all the glowing comments about him on social media - you would think they were talking about Peter Weir!

When did Vinnie ever play well on the wing for us?  Just because we're shite at the moment doesn't make him any less of a disappointing signing.  Not to mention a diving wee bastard too.

21 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/vicente-besuijen-shares-aberdeen-fan-9071438

"It actually went really weird at Aberdeen. When I first signed I was playing every week. But then another manager came in and started playing Scottish style, in a 5-3-2 formation and mainly with long balls. I suddenly didn't feature in his plans then."

Haha bea being disingenuous there

As it was Goodwin who froze him out 

22 minutes ago, englishred said:

I saw a piece in a newspaper today and he was ripping into the management here saying the tactics went to a "scottish style" basically long ball and he fell out of favour despite promises of being played

Hard to argue. He’s gonna love it under Lennon next season.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

a weasel thing to do , but he ensured he was far far away before publishing his concerns 

Given how stubborn and shite both Goodwin and Robson were it’s difficult to be too critical of poor Vinny.

No world beater, but would have made the team better had he played more often

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

a weasel thing to do , but he ensured he was far far away before publishing his concerns 

Another spineless weasel thing to do would be to allow a manager to punt a player out on loan, despite  the fact you know (or should know) said manager is about to be sacked.   Thus denying any new manager the option to assess that player and make their own mind up.

• Upvote 2
On 2/2/2024 at 9:11 PM, Redtaz2 said:

To be fair, if he's desperate to play football, he wouldn't be doing himself much favours by moaning about the club in the press while he's still fighting for a game.

59 minutes ago, McPhee123 said:

MOTM on his debut, plenty of crosses into the box, and the type of ability that gets fans off their seats.

Exactly what we're missing

Frustrating as hell.

And some idiots are still probably defending Robsons tenure.

It's this level of shithousery that for me should get managers sacked. Vinnie had all the potential and yet he may have been a difficult prick to manage but that's why you're supposed to be a manager, you manage all sorts of personalities and mentalities. Too many managers want to their players to conform. McInnes had his type, Goodwin and Robson had their types... Goodwin couldn't handle Scott Brown and Vinnie... honestly fuck em. Vinnie should have been a Duk, Miovski like superstar for us and easily recouped many times over what we shelled out for him (unlike Papa Gueye).

9 minutes ago, dj_bollocks said:

It's this level of shithousery that for me should get managers sacked. Vinnie had all the potential and yet he may have been a difficult prick to manage but that's why you're supposed to be a manager, you manage all sorts of personalities and mentalities. Too many managers want to their players to conform. McInnes had his type, Goodwin and Robson had their types... Goodwin couldn't handle Scott Brown and Vinnie... honestly fuck em. Vinnie should have been a Duk, Miovski like superstar for us and easily recouped many times over what we shelled out for him (unlike Papa Gueye).

He's Dutch. I've met a bunch of them (Vinny included ) and they're all blunt as hell and very confident in their abilities.

Plus, an ambitious footballer is going to have to have a bit of self belief. That paired with the "dutch-ness" could have been interpreted as arrogance. Seems the coaching staff have been incapable of managing this type of player so he gets frozen out.

Two sides to every story, I know - but if you've got a quality player, you play him.