Summer 2022 Transfer Window

3 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Those are good examples of what I'm getting at yeah. 

Russ Anderson probably just about qualifies as a legend as he led us to a cup win. Graeme Shinnie - cult hero.

Does Anderson get classed as a legend because he was the captain of that cup winning team compared to considine the cult hero as he was just a team player 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

Does Anderson get classed as a legend because he was the captain of that cup winning team compared to considine the cult hero as he was just a team player 

I would say he is classed as a legend because he was the captain who led us to the cup win and was a genuinely top class player. Considine played in the cup winning team and has been around for ages, passionate about the club, gives his all, a defender who scored a lot of goals (including a hat-trick) - but he's not been an integral member of a trophy winning team, nor has he been a top class player, so I'd say he's just a cult hero (to some - I know that to others he's a total dud!)

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

I would say he is classed as a legend because he was the captain who led us to the cup win and was a genuinely top class player. Considine played in the cup winning team and has been around for ages, passionate about the club, gives his all, a defender who scored a lot of goals (including a hat-trick) - but he's not been an integral member of a trophy winning team, nor has he been a top class player, so I'd say he's just a cult hero (to some - I know that to others he's a total dud!)

I would of said considine was as much an integral part of that cup winning team as anyone else. 

I don’t think it’s to do with winning trophies as joe miller won more trophies than Russel Anderson but out of the two there is only one legend there.  Id say it’s more a part of timing. If you started supporting Aberdeen in the last 22 years considine will be probably classed as a legend if it’s 40 years ago or more there’s probably  no chance you would say he is. 

21 hours ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

You are mistaken, i grew up watching a team become legends. That's why Consi being touted as a legend is laughable compared to actual serial winners like SAF's early 80's players.

Considine is a loyal servant nothing more, my mind wont be changed.

Why are you arguing with me ?

read my post I’m agreeing with you ffs

• Like 1

Aberdeen are reportedly closing in on signing Glentoran teenage left-back Brendan Hamilton.

The 15-year-old is a Northern Ireland U16 international and played in the recent Victory Shield tournament.

He is highly rated at Glentoran where he has progressed through the Belfast club’s youth ranks.

Hamilton would be an addition for the Aberdeen Development Team if signed.

On 4/28/2022 at 1:34 PM, Don_Corleone said:

There are "legends" and there are "cult heroes". Legends I'd say are players who have led the team to famous victories and put trophies in the cabinet, and have proved over a period of time to be top class players. There's not many in the last 15 years that come into that category. Cult heroes aren't necessarily top class players, but are loved by fans perhaps for their dedication, passion and commitment, or for memorable moments they've given us. I'd say Considine is a cult hero rather than a legend.

Loads of clubs around that never win jack shit but they'll still have their own club legends. eg. guys who have most appearances or are the clubs top goalscorers etc. Considine not a legend for me simply because he doesn't stand out as a great player. Its a bit of football snobbery to say a player can't be a legend if there's no trophy in the cabinet. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

I’ve heard tonight Seigrest is first target for GK, Vladky second choice. If we land Seigrest I will be amazed!! 

Aye but a couple of months after the transfer window, big Dave can do an interview explaining that we were close to agreeing a deal with Seigrest which fell through at the last-minute. 

This will help ease the frustrations of us Dons fans who will be questioning why we've resigned Bertrand Bossu.

3 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

I’ve heard tonight Seigrest is first target for GK, Vladky second choice. If we land Seigrest I will be amazed!! 

Would be the best signing of the summer if we were to get him... he's won United tonnes of points this season.  United fans love him & would be raging if he ended up here!

For me, a new GK should be a massive priority.  You see the difference it's made to teams like Hearts and Celtic, having someone reliable between the sticks.

6 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

I'm hearing from Arab season ticket holder that the "private matter" why callum butcher is out fie the season is because he got caught knocking Seigrest' Mrs ?