Summer 2022 Transfer Window

57 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

That ABZ Podcast twitter page saying the rumours down in Dundee are that Seigrist is on his way here

Saw that earlier.

I’d think he’d want (& get) a move to a Championship club or even a League One club in England that’ll pay a lot more than us.

Either him or Hladky would be good signings.

We really need a centre half (ideally 2!) of that standard. 
One good one might bring out the best in Gallagher or Bates. 

19 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Saw that earlier.

I’d think he’d want (& get) a move to a Championship club or even a League One club in England that’ll pay a lot more than us.

Either him or Hladky would be good signings.

We really need a centre half (ideally 2!) of that standard. 
One good one might bring out the best in Gallagher or Bates. 

Yeah I'd be happy with either of Hladky or Siegrist over Lewis. Lewis actually had a decenet game on Saturday, which just shows how we could benefit from a freshen up and getting a better keeper in.

If it's a straight toss up between Gallagher and Bates, with neither being a standout candidate, but we need to keep one due to the size of rebuild required, do you think we'd more likely invest in the younger Bates? Not sure what their contract situations are like against each other. Unfortuntately I think we'll end up keeping both and will just add to that area as we're already light there.

6 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Yeah I'd be happy with either of Hladky or Siegrist over Lewis. Lewis actually had a decenet game on Saturday, which just shows how we could benefit from a freshen up and getting a better keeper in.

If it's a straight toss up between Gallagher and Bates, with neither being a standout candidate, but we need to keep one due to the size of rebuild required, do you think we'd more likely invest in the younger Bates? Not sure what their contract situations are like against each other. Unfortuntately I think we'll end up keeping both and will just add to that area as we're already light there.

Bates over Gallagher??

Not for me. Not even close, how often does Gallagher get too close and get turned inside out, have to out hands on his man and haul him down? Bates is simply naive and never learns, same basic errors every game.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Bates over Gallagher??

Not for me. Not even close, how often does Gallagher get too close and get turned inside out, have to out hands on his man and haul him down? Bates is simply naive and never learns, same basic errors every game.

I'm inclined to agree, I'd have Gallagher first. Just questioning it from a club standpoint, that they may be considering using Bates more given he's younger, and (I've since checked) he also has a longer contract here. It's up to the coaching staff to detetmine if they believe they can improve him however.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Gallagher only got one year left. Bates has 2. 

There were rumours of Gallagher being allowed to join Dundee (mainly from Dundonians) in Dec/Jan past. However of the pair, he's been by far the better player since the turn of the year, although he does have his faults as Broken_Glass rightly points out.

We'll certainly sign one centre half in the summer given both Devlin and Consi having already left/leaving shortly. Ideally a lefty....Charles Dunne fits this profile but he's no better than either of Gallagher or Bates and naturally for a rumoured signing for us, has difficulties keeping himself fit to play for any great length of time. Hopefully our supposed valuation of him remains short of what St Mirren want as we need better to improve

We need to be looking at replacing both, but if I had to chose just now I’d probably go with Gallagher over Bates. Just. We should be looking to improve on both though. 

We’ve paid a fee for Bates though so I can’t see us giving up on him already unfortunately. I do wonder if he would improve if he had a Russell Anderson type beside him to guide him through the games properly. Gallagher is clearly no Anderson, but as has been said Bates makes exactly the same basic mistakes multiple times every game and just never seems to learn so maybe it would make fuck all difference.

5 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

One good one might bring out the best in Gallagher or Bates

Your hoping for miracles there.

We need two new centre backs to replace Considine and Devlin.

At least one needs to be a 'best player' level, and the other could be a punt on a cheaper option and hope one of Gallagher, Bates or New can work well with the big signing.

Hopefully the star centre back is not Dunne based on the feedback on here.... but ive never seen him cos he's always injured

6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Gallagher only got one year left. Bates has 2. 

There were rumours of Gallagher being allowed to join Dundee (mainly from Dundonians) in Dec/Jan past. However of the pair, he's been by far the better player since the turn of the year, although he does have his faults as Broken_Glass rightly points out.

We'll certainly sign one centre half in the summer given both Devlin and Consi having already left/leaving shortly. Ideally a lefty....Charles Dunne fits this profile but he's no better than either of Gallagher or Bates and naturally for a rumoured signing for us, has difficulties keeping himself fit to play for any great length of time. Hopefully our supposed valuation of him remains short of what St Mirren want as we need better to improve

Christ imagine he did go in January. McCrorie aside, we'd have had the 1 CB available.

22 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Well aye, you know Siegrest is first choice as I told you, but I’ll let you know if he opts to join us so you can announce it ?

He isn't our first choice.

19 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I thought someone on here had already hinted that Clark had signed a pre contract with us? 

Has that been conveniently forgotten? 

Nope