Summer 2022 Transfer Window

14 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Any good CBs in the development squads?  With Devlin and Considine going that leaves Bates and Gallagher as the only CBs under contract.  If we're only bringing in 5 or 6 players I'd assume that only one will be a CB.  Can McKenzie play LCB or is he a solely a FB? 

Evan Towler (only 17?) gets good reviews.

He can play left back, left centre back or left of a 3.

We will sign another centre half though (hoping it’s not Charles Dunne). 
Not good enough & always injured (is at the moment). 

20 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Ramsay and Ferguson will most likely be away in the summer.

Ramirez is also supposedly leaving this summer (we'll see).

Personally, overall that squad of players above gives me the fears for next season. We desperately need 5-6 really good additions this summer.

It's been several years now since we had a decent transfer window. 

The thought of Dunne and Gallagher lining up in defence next season is a depressing thought. 

Agree with most of what you have said. If Dunne enters the building as 1 of the 6 I will really start to worry!

Who’s the cb out on loan to a norn Irish team , won the cup with them, he’s been getting good reviews apparently.

if Ferguson is sold I’d be happy to go into the league cup games with Duncan at 10 with mccrorie and Barron in behind.

4 hours ago, Jackp said:

Who’s the cb out on loan to a norn Irish team , won the cup with them, he’s been getting good reviews apparently.

if Ferguson is sold I’d be happy to go into the league cup games with Duncan at 10 with mccrorie and Barron in behind.

Luke Turner. Apparently he's looked very good over there so i'd like to see how he gets on in the first couple of League Cup group games. 

If we are targeting 6 players i'd hope that's not based on Ferguson and Ramsay leaving. Which let's be honest we all know it's happening. Along with Ramirez. I'd be ok with 6 without those 3 leaving. If it's 6 and that's taking into account those 3 leaving then we'll be woefully under-equipped for next season. 

29 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Heard a rumour that we are very close to signing a Dutch striker and midfielder and the keeper from Ipswich.  

I wonder if we are still in for Clark if we sign Hladky? If not then Lewis has a fight on his hands to keep the no1 spot as i think Hladky is the better of the 2. The 2 dutch players sound interesting certainly. Hopefully both as technically gifted as Vinnie. 

52 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I wonder if we are still in for Clark if we sign Hladky? If not then Lewis has a fight on his hands to keep the no1 spot as i think Hladky is the better of the 2. The 2 dutch players sound interesting certainly. Hopefully both as technically gifted as Vinnie. 

No chance we’d sign Hladky AND Clark.

I also get the impression that Clark was a target for Glass. 

If Tom Ritchie is highly thought if, have him as no2 keeper. 
Save a decent wage for an outfield player. 

21 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No chance we’d sign Hladky AND Clark.

I also get the impression that Clark was a target for Glass. 

If Tom Ritchie is highly thought if, have him as no2 keeper. 
Save a decent wage for an outfield player. 

I don't think we would either but it depends what the situation with Joe is. If he fancies staying and fighting for his spot then fine. Put Ritchie out on loan to a League 2 team and see how he goes. If both Joe and Woods are off i'd rather not have the backup keeper be someone who has only played a few Highland League matches. 

26 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Is the young defender from Hamilton not ooc this summer?  Will he be one of the pre contracts? 

Jamie Hamilton? 

Took a quick look on Accies World. Supposedly been made a very good offer to re-sign with Hamilton but hasn't signed it as yet. They reckon if he leaves they'll be due a fee similar to that they got for Ferguson (and seem to think this will rule out other Scottish clubs ?). Another of them says he's plateaued this season and isn't expecting him to get any offers from better clubs. My own view, I think we need better. Much better. 

As an as aside, on the same thread, one of them reckons we are due Hamilton 10% of any fee Ferguson gets sold for.

19 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Jamie Hamilton? 

Took a quick look on Accies World. Supposedly been made a very good offer to re-sign with Hamilton but hasn't signed it as yet. They reckon if he leaves they'll be due a fee similar to that they got for Ferguson (and seem to think this will rule out other Scottish clubs ?). Another of them says he's plateaued this season and isn't expecting him to get any offers from better clubs. My own view, I think we need better. Much better. 

As an as aside, on the same thread, one of them reckons we are due Hamilton 10% of any fee Ferguson gets sold for.

Not sure about the Ferguson part?

Was he not coming out of contract?
All we paid was “training compensation”? 

I could be wrong but can a club negotiate a sell on clause for a player coming out of contract? 

24 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I think any club a player has spent time with from age 12 receives a cut. 5% rings a bell.

Dyce Boys Club got a six figure sum when Stuart Armstrong went to Southampton for £7m.