Summer 2022 Transfer Window

10 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Vladky is second choice, just more spoken about as Siegrest may be too ambitious. 

Aye god forbid this club being too ambitious. 

32 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He is a good keeper but a DAB I know says he’s made a lot of errors this season. 
They seem relaxed about replacing him with Zander Clark. 

Yip, he probably makes more smaller errors than both Alnwick and Clark.

So a new keeper seems pretty much certain... does that mean Lewis is definitely leaving? Or is he staying on as backup and getting some kind of coaching role? Can't see us paying him some of the best wages at the club to sit on the bench all season. 

Will be a big relief to have a reliable keeper though and to hopefully have a proper captain for the first time since Shinnie left - McCrorie I assume. I think wee Connor Barron is future captain material too, but too young at the minute.

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Will be a big relief to have a reliable keeper though and to hopefully have a proper captain for the first time since Shinnie left - McCrorie I assume. I think wee Connor Barron is future captain material too, but too young at the minute.

Agree, McCrorie is my choice as captain 100%.

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

So a new keeper seems pretty much certain... does that mean Lewis is definitely leaving? Or is he staying on as backup and getting some kind of coaching role? Can't see us paying him some of the best wages at the club to sit on the bench all season. 

I thought the claim was Lewis had it in his contract he’s captain. Surely we are not paying off another big contract for the keeper to depart and ply his trade elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

What choice do we have? We certainly won't be coughing up the full value of his contract to get him to fuck off. Even if we paid up a full year of it you're looking at something around £300k flushed down the pan.

Lewis has been a very good servant to the club but sadly  has proven over the past 3 years to being increasingly unreliable. We can't just kick the decision to replace him any further down the road. He might be able to get himself a gig at a club in the middle reaches of EFL1 at best and I think we'd be happy to let him leave without asking for a fee but I'd imagine he'd either have to accept a fairly hefty drop in wages or more likely he'd want us to top up whatever he could negotiate with a new side to ensure he doesn't lose out financially.

But more likely I think we are stuck with him till 2024. At least if we get him coaching part-time we'd get a bit of a return on what we are shelling out

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

What choice do we have? We certainly won't be coughing up the full value of his contract to get him to fuck off. Even if we paid up a full year of it you're looking at something around £300k flushed down the pan.

Lewis has been a very good servant to the club but sadly  has proven over the past 3 years to being increasingly unreliable. We can't just kick the decision to replace him any further down the road. He might be able to get himself a gig at a club in the middle reaches of EFL1 at best and I think we'd be happy to let him leave without asking for a fee but I'd imagine he'd either have to accept a fairly hefty drop in wages or more likely he'd want us to top up whatever he could negotiate with a new side to ensure he doesn't lose out financially.

But more likely I think we are stuck with him till 2024. At least if we get him coaching part-time we'd get a bit of a return on what we are shelling out

Maybe it’s HIS choice to return South? 
He’s been away from home for a long time now.

Maybe a club in the south east of England would suit him & get him nearer his Norfolk roots. 

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

All true - we definitely need a new keeper, but the length of contract given to Lewis has put us in a tricky situation. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Maybe it’s HIS choice to return South? 
He’s been away from home for a long time now.

Maybe a club in the south east of England would suit him & get him nearer his Norfolk roots. 

Aye there's a possibility that he may have intimated he'd like to return to England and an agreement has been reached that if he finds himself a new club that we won't ask for a fee or stand in his way.

4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He is a good keeper but a DAB I know says he’s made a lot of errors this season. 
They seem relaxed about replacing him with Zander Clark. 

That’s just like us on here, a player leaving all of a sudden becomes “no that good” “aw he’s actually shite”. Imo he’s been best GK in Scotland over the last 3 years. 

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

That’s just like us on here, a player leaving all of a sudden becomes “no that good” “aw he’s actually shite”. Imo he’s been best GK in Scotland over the last 3 years. 

I think he’s good…

But he’s not been “the best” this season though. 
As I mentioned, he’s made a good few mistakes latterly. 

But I’d be happy if we signed him. 
Or Hladky for that matter. 

18 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

I'd be interested to read your alternatives

I agree with him to an extent.

If he’s told to keep it simple, sit in front of the back 4 & help protect the defence then he’s fine.  
Keep it simple, break up play & pass to the more creative players that’s fine. 

But if we play Barron deeper & RM is told to play like “an 8” then I don’t think he’s up to that.

37 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If he’s told to keep it simple, sit in front of the back 4 & help protect the defence then he’s fine.  

But if we play Barron deeper & RM is told to play like “an 8” then I don’t think he’s up to that.

What a do like about mcrorie CDM is, he’s roughly 11/4 wae bet365 for a booking each week and a pretty sure thing most weeks. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

I'd be interested to read your alternatives

I’m not saying I dislike McCrorie, and he’s definitely not 1 of the main problems at the moment. Just that he is limited for a midfielder and requires some very good footballers around him to be effective. 
I don’t particularly like the blend of Barron, Ferguson and McCrorie, and didn’t think the team missed him in the recent victory, especially 2nd half when they got to grips with the game. Granted Dundee are horse shit.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Exactly how we should be using him. Win the ball and give it to Barron. 

4 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

I’m not saying I dislike McCrorie, and he’s definitely not 1 of the main problems at the moment. Just that he is limited for a midfielder and requires some very good footballers around him to be effective. 
I don’t particularly like the blend of Barron, Ferguson and McCrorie, and didn’t think the team missed him in the recent victory, especially 2nd half when they got to grips with the game. Granted Dundee are horse shit.

Yeah, thought you meant for captain. Ferguson going leaves a massive hole in that midfield. 

With more quality further up the pitch I'd expect McCrorie to do well next season. 

1 hour ago, Glass half full said:

For captain, I think the team really needs a new centre half who is a leader and organiser.

Willie Miller ?