Summer 2022 Transfer Window

14 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

I think Hendry would be a Goodwin kinda player. Wouldn't be against him signing if his dad died.

Aye that’d be an acceptable outcome. Second or third choice though not as number 9

Well unless he does the killing ?

16 minutes ago, Feel said:

Nothing happening soon. McGrath was closest to signing and that has stalled. 

Fuck sakes,  even if I am taking it we a pinch of salt fs!

5 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

We could well be waiting a bit to see if Forest get promoted and that releases the rumoured £1m payment for McKenna.   I’d far rather see what pot we have and hopefully get a better calibre of player in for the sake of a week should Forest do us a favour. 

Presuming Ramsay is going, and presuming its for £4M or more then I doubt we have any money worries for this season or next regardless of Ferguson, Ramirez or McKenna

10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Shoot me now if that’s the level we’re aiming for.

Rooney is Ross Tokely 2022

Just pointing out that in comparison to other suggestions on here, Rooney isn't the worst. I'm not suggesting we sign either of them.

We should have the money this summer to go out and either pay small fees for some of the better players in the league outside Celtic and the Huns (like we have done before with McLean, Ferguson etc). The league is terrible at the moment though so not sure who today's equivalent's would be. That or be able to pay a slightly higher wage for some good quality free agents.

1 minute ago, starryfish said:

I don't see many better wing backs available for free in Scotland than Shaun Rooney, Powerful runner, can defend as well as attack, big character. If we are going 3-5-2 next season we could do a lot worse.

He's a vast improvement on Ojo and Gurr and won't cost too much in wages. 

14 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Just pointing out that in comparison to other suggestions on here, Rooney isn't the worst. I'm not suggesting we sign either of them.

We should have the money this summer to go out and either pay small fees for some of the better players in the league outside Celtic and the Huns (like we have done before with McLean, Ferguson etc). The league is terrible at the moment though so not sure who today's equivalent's would be. That or be able to pay a slightly higher wage for some good quality free agents.

Suspect we could spend more than 1m on transfer fees this summer if we are actually bringing in 3/4 Vicente types they will cost money unless out of contract. Think the club know the importance of this window and have said in the past money is available for the right player. The only stumbling block is persuading them to join us.