Summer 2022 Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

He's a vast improvement on Ojo and Gurr and won't cost too much in wages. 

Isn't exactly a high bar. He probably is on the list of candidates but probably third or fourth choice. Guess you have to weigh up how much time you spend on your top choices or risk having to take 4th or 5th choice as everyone else has found a new club. Its a difficult job for a really small club like ourselves identifying players that would improve us but they would rather play in league 1 in England or some other second rate league. Had we had Europe this season we would of been a really attractive proposition to players wanting a stepping stone to an elite league. 

1 hour ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

More shite talk today now jimbo saying I gave the recruitment team a list of Sumner targets when i arrived as manager blah blah 

Why is it "shite" talk? 

Why don't you believe that Goodwin hasn't got targets identified and he made the recruitment team aware of said targets?

Players and agents don't just bite at the first offer.

9 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Why is it "shite" talk? 

Why don't you believe that Goodwin hasn't got targets identified and he made the recruitment team aware of said targets?

Shite talk as in it's all talk no action!

43 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I don't see many better wing backs available for free in Scotland than Shaun Rooney, Powerful runner, can defend as well as attack, big character. If we are going 3-5-2 next season we could do a lot worse.

If Shaun Rooney is all that is available in Scotland, look outside Scotland.

We have supposedly expanded the scouting network. 
Use it. 

10 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Why is it "shite" talk? 

He maybe had some fantasy targets when at St Mirren but they couldn’t afford them but now are more realistic targets.

Would like to think he has a few ins/links in Ireland for decent ‘potential’ at least. 

2 hours ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

More shite talk today now jimbo saying I gave the recruitment team a list of Sumner targets when i arrived as manager blah blah 

So, lets just examine exactly what Goodwin is quoted to have said, in the P&J :-

There is no mention of how many players he actually wants. The piece says he wants the MAJORITY of his signings done by start of pre season, which is in 3 weeks. But, after speaking about how, on his 1st day, he gave Gunn and Mowbray  a strategy and profile of the players he wants, he is directly quoted as saying  "We have identified some really good players. I would like to have EVERYONE available to me by the 1st day of pre season".

So a contradiction by the journalist straight off the bat.

Bottom line, I'd have expected some movement before now. Looks like Goodwin has done his bit, in directly identifying certain players, whilst also providing a profile for other types of players, that Mowbray should be doing his stuff on. So is it Gunn who is firing blanks?

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If Shaun Rooney is all that is available in Scotland, look outside Scotland.

We have supposedly expanded the scouting network. 
Use it. 

I'd be more inclined to stick with someone that knows the league, that has proved he can perform in the league, than gambling on someone from England or abroad

1 minute ago, RedForever said:

unfortunately I think your on the wrong website if its good news and cheer you are after!

Your 100% spot on I think RF. 

1 hour ago, Dave Bus said:

I don’t think ojo ever sounded like a good signing

From what I can remember, I don't think any of us had any idea how good / bad Ojo was - I think the main thing was that he was another defensive midfielder and we already had about 4000 of them at the club. Can't remember if we then went and signed McGeouch after that as well, or if he came just before Ojo. Either way we had far too many very similar midfielders - seems to have been a recurring problem over the years.

And as it turned out Ojo was horrific.