Summer 2022 Transfer Window

3 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Reading some of the responses to "paper talk and rumours" I feel for all the North East based GP's they're gonna be busy.

The euphoria followed by the extreme negativity of "he's shite" "not good enough" "good enough for St Mirren not Aberdeen" "lazy signing" or God forbid "not exciting enough, Jim used the word exciting" is gonna be golden. 

Stocking up on popcorn in anticipation. 

Pretty much the same as you when glass was the manager 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, thurso said:

Pretty much the same as you when glass was the manager 

Shame I wasn't on here till well into Glass's reign. I wasn't on here last summer crying and panicking about signings. I gave Glass the butt of his first season due to him inheriting a squad that wasn't his. I gave him the benefit of 5 months of pish before burning my season ticket.

Likewise I'll afford Goodwin the same grace. 

Already though I'm seeing Goodwin doing things Glass didn't have a clue about or balls to do.

?

11 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Shame I wasn't on here till well into Glass's reign. I wasn't on here last summer crying and panicking about signings. I gave Glass the butt of his first season due to him inheriting a squad that wasn't his. I gave him the benefit of 5 months of pish before burning my season ticket.

Already though I'm seeing Goodwin doing things Glass didn't have a clue about or balls to do.

?

Every time some tinpot journo links us with a player the usual suspects have used it as a stick to beat Goodwin. 

They might be better to wait until we actually sign players before kicking off.

Glass got slated for actual signings rather than rumoured signings. And he actually got the benefit of the doubt with most of his until we saw them on the pitch. 

10 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

?

So Goodwin came in in February, you've had 3 months of pish from him so far. I'm guessing based on the above he's got 2 months into the new season to turn things around before you burn your season ticket?

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

So Goodwin came in in February, you've had 3 months of pish from him so far. I'm guessing based on the above he's got 2 months into the new season to turn things around before you burn your season ticket?

C'mon Red John your fishing skills are pish. 

Glass left an absolute cluster fuck. Goodwin will get a fair crack at the whip. If progress is being made then he'll continue to be backed.

Glass regressed the club so far I suspect we'll play catch up for a season or two.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

C'mon Red John your fishing skills are pish. 

Glass left an absolute cluster fuck. Goodwin will get a fair crack at the whip. If progress is being made then he'll continue to be backed.

Glass regressed the club so far I suspect we'll play catch up for a season or two.

So you gave Glass the 4 games he was in charge at the end of last season (W1, D1, L2) and the first 5 months of this season (W11, D3, L12) before you decided he was crap? (which i agree he was).

Yet you see positive signs in Goodwins first 3 months (W2, D4, L4). Of course it wasn't his team so he's completely excused for not being able to motivate or manage them to pick up more than 2 wins from 12  right?

8 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

So you gave Glass the 4 games he was in charge at the end of last season (W1, D1, L2) and the first 5 months of this season (W11, D3, L12) before you decided he was crap? (which i agree he was).

Yet you see positive signs in Goodwins first 3 months (W2, D4, L4). Of course it wasn't his team so he's completely excused for not being able to motivate or manage them to pick up more than 2 wins from 12  right?

You agree he was crap. There ends the debate. He had to go. His squad building was an absolute shambles. Of that there is no debate.

Goodwin has a clean slate with his squad that really cannot to too difficult to grasp?

3 hours ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

Barron needs at least one full season of consistent first team football before even considering a move. To do so now would run a high risk of irreparably damaging his career imho. 

This would be the ideal situation, however let's be honest these days how many players who are classed as emerging talent are now going for stupid sums of cash before they have proved themselves?

2 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Ronan or McGrath???

Or we could go back to Jenks and Jet. I ken who I'm more excited/optimistic about. Plus the gaffer has a proven record of getting those players to perform and standout in the SPL.

Probably a bit of a reach saying they were standout SPL players with 1 winning a move to Wigan in league 1 and the other having us or hearts to choose from. They are probably improvements on what we have but that shouldn’t always be the bench mark. 

3 hours ago, Helmet said:

Exactly this.

Anyone complaining about us going for the likes of Ronan or McGrath should take a look at the options we have currently available in the squad.

I'd say both are better than McLennan or Kennedy for examples.

we're aren't going to be able to just build a top 3 side in one window- right now we need to improve the options and balance in the squad and then hopefully keep adding to it.

I think it is possible with our budget this could be done. Be tough but the turnover in players and budget we have available compared to other teams we should be 4th at a minimum. It’s not far off third. If hearts build on last season I think it may be out of reach but it’s not impossible. 

36 minutes ago, slippers said:

Probably a bit of a reach saying they were standout SPL players with 1 winning a move to Wigan in league 1 and the other having us or hearts to choose from. They are probably improvements on what we have but that shouldn’t always be the bench mark. 

I think it is possible with our budget this could be done. Be tough but the turnover in players and budget we have available compared to other teams we should be 4th at a minimum. It’s not far off third. If hearts build on last season I think it may be out of reach but it’s not impossible. 

I guess we could argue the merits of both players all day. I'm quite sure Ronan in particular will have more options than us or the hammer throwers. That said I suspect he'll be happy to team up with Goodwin again if the opportunity arose.

McGrath I could take or leave but again he stood out for St Mirren in the SPL mainly the season previously and he's an upgrade on what we currently have. Both are proven in the SPL and Goodwin knows their attributes and what they bring. 

58 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

You agree he was crap. There ends the debate. He had to go. His squad building was an absolute shambles. Of that there is no debate.

Goodwin has a clean slate with his squad that really cannot to too difficult to grasp?

Yes crap manager and it was a shocking decision ever appointing him. We’ll be saying exactly the same about Goodwin in a few months.

Why does he get a clean slate? He’s had 12 games as manager and has won 2. Doesn’t matter that it’s not his squad, a semi decent manager would have had more than 2 wins (16%) out of 12 from them. Glass had 8 league (30%) wins out of 26 with exactly the same squad and he was a crap manager. Doesn’t say much for Goodwin does it

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Yes crap manager and it was a shocking decision ever appointing him. We’ll be saying exactly the same about Goodwin in a few months.

Why does he get a clean slate? He’s had 12 games as manager and has won 2. Doesn’t matter that it’s not his squad, a semi decent manager would have had more than 2 wins (16%) out of 12 from them. Glass had 8 league (30%) wins out of 26 with exactly the same squad and he was a crap manager. Doesn’t say much for Goodwin does it

Probably best you wear a nappy for the next few weeks, if not already.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

Probably best you wear a nappy for the next few weeks, if not already.

He has a point in fairness. I’ll give Goodwin a chance just like the rest of us but he has to start well or the fans will be on his back early doors and rightly so. Probably best to leave this in the past and hope he gets it right next season. 

13 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

?????

I've already explained why - obviously you're intellect is too low to work that out. One off my the debate list.

6 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

I get it but by fuck you come across as a right moaning faced cunt with nothing positive or good to say about Aberdeen ever!

Just gets a tad tiresome and boring all the negativity you post.

There hasn’t been anything positive to say about Aberdeen for long enough ?

I was however, positive on the Goodwin appointment, so you are making up shite or massively exaggerating as many do on here. 
Not impressed with his start & work up to now though it must be said.

28 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Didn't we agree a while ago that the Goodwin chat was going to stay in the Goodwin Thread?

He's less than a month into his first window, would rather we have to wait and get good resources than rush and be a load of shite like Gurr.

A month? Is the window even open yet?

31 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Listen Nero Zero,  glass got binned , they found out too late he was not a manager.  Next glasses kindergarten took the huff , they jumped back in their cribs, put their nappies back on and continued to shit themselves. 
Now Nero I would love to see you motivate a bunch of dummie sucking ,nappie shitting, whinging so called football prima donas.  You’d have shot all over your hands. That’s the reason they all got binned.  That’s why Goodwin gets a clean slate.