Summer 2022 Transfer Window

28 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We need 10 signings by 1st September.

We can possibly get away with 5 or 6 by the start of the season

Let’s assume Ramsay, Ferguson & Ramirez will be away. 

By 1st Sept, we need;

Keeper.   
Right back.   
Centre half. 
2 centre mids.   
no 10.    
left winger.   
2 strikers 

9 players. Minimum

By the time the League Cup, we can get away with 3 or 4, and hopefully another couple by the time the league starts, then complete the squad towards the end of August (a loan or two maybe?)

I am a bit surprised one or two haven’t been announced yet.
Maybe Fri 10th, when the transfer window opens, we’ll have something to say.

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Let’s assume Ramsay, Ferguson & Ramsay will be away. 

By 1st Sept, we need;

Keeper.   
Right back.   
Centre half. 
2 centre mids.   
no 10.    
left winger.   
2 strikers 

9 players. Minimum

By the time the League Cup, we can get away with 3 or 4, and hopefully another couple by the time the league starts, then complete the squad towards the end of August (a loan or two maybe?)

Selling Ramsay twice??? I like your thinking lol

1 minute ago, sheepcrooky said:

Jack MacKenzie if he can stay fit should be our left back. A decent start to last season, a rake of injuries in the middle and played pretty decent at the end. 

Left back should be pretty far down the pecking order of positions to fill.  I’d be ok with Mackenzie and Ngwenya at LB next season.

16 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Jack MacKenzie if he can stay fit should be our left back. A decent start to last season, a rake of injuries in the middle and played pretty decent at the end. 

Agree with this although his performance away to St Johnstone I think it was (one of the pointless post split games) was massively concerning. 

30 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I hear what you say, but I remain to be convinced. 
He’s too ponderous going forward for my liking. 

He was definitely ponderous early season when his wing options were the likes of Jet, Ojo and McLennan. When he got back in the team and had Vincente ahead of him he was more decisive. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Let’s assume Ramsay, Ferguson & Ramirez will be away. 

By 1st Sept, we need;

Keeper.   
Right back.   
Centre half. 
2 centre mids.   
no 10.    
left winger.   
2 strikers 

9 players. Minimum

Personally I'd be looking for two centre backs but hopefully one of the youngsters is ready to step up to we can put more money elsewhere.

If Scales is the only defender that comes in that is not going to lift the standard high enough. That is a certainty.

Can probably spare one of those centre mids/10 for an extra winger/forward.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Personally I'd be looking for two centre backs but hopefully one of the youngsters is ready to step up to we can put more money elsewhere.

If Scales is the only defender that comes in that is not going to lift the standard high enough. That is a certainty.

Can probably spare one of those centre mids/10 for an extra winger/forward.

If we’re losing McGeouch, Campbell, Ojo, Jenks, Ferguson, Brown we need at least 2 centre mids, surely? 

We only have McCrorie, Barron & Polvara. 

If we sign one winger, we have Besuijen & Duncan for the right, & the new winger, Hayes & even Watkins or Kennedy as a 3rd choice left winger. 

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If we’re losing McGeouch, Campbell, Ojo, Jenks, Ferguson, Brown we need at least 2 centre mids, surely? 

We only have McCrorie, Barron & Polvara. 

If we sign one winger, we have Besuijen & Duncan for the right, & the new winger, Hayes & even Watkins or Kennedy as a 3rd choice left winger. 

something like:

Ramadani, Barron and, for example, McGrath is a midfield 3 with McCrorie and Polvara not getting a game.

We might have Ferguson in the mix for July and August.

If those were the players we'd know that all of Ramadani, Barron, NEW, McCrorie and Polvara can play in the deep 2.

Some of them plus Watkins, Besuijen, and any new forward types can play in the advanced 1.

That's without mentioning Hanratty or Duncan who are also there making up the numbers. 

edit: anyways everyone will be different just my tuppence would be prioritising keeper and all four back four positions ahead of a third centre mid.

Also Ferguson ain't quite gone yet

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

something like:

Ramadani, Barron and, for example, McGrath is a midfield 3 with McCrorie and Polvara not getting a game.

We might have Ferguson in the mix for July and August.

If those were the players we'd know that all of Ramadani, Barron, NEW, McCrorie and Polvara can play in the deep 2.

Some of them plus Watkins, Besuijen, and any new forward types can play in the advanced 1.

That's without mentioning Hanratty or Duncan who are also there making up the numbers. 

We’ll see, although it sounds like Ronan (one of Goodwin’s targets) is likely to be heading to the wannabe hun bastards. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We need a new left back. 

Unless Ngwenya does a Barron. 

That's my thinking. 

MacKenzie nowhere near good enough as an attacking threat and often gets caught miles out of position. Back up left back only. 

See what Ngwenya does in the League Cup groups, if he does ok give him 2 or 3 league matches to see if he sinks or swims. If he sinks, fire him back out on loan and bring in a new first choice

24 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We’ll see, although it sounds like Ronan (one of Goodwin’s targets) is likely to be heading to the wannabe hun bastards. 

One of Ronan or McGrath i'm assuming is the first choice but variety is the spice of life so i'll be up for a third option of someone we've never heard of